View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2012 #79
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Johnson View Post
Alex:

Mencken and Twain are true artists, and Dostoevsky isn't, on your account.
I've read all three; I know which one comes in third.

Quote:
Men are merely motivated by greed and fear, on your account.
Did I say those were their only motivations. I said, or implied, fear is their main motivation. Fear of sticking out, in part, which is what happens when you embrace the right politics prematurely. People are PC out of fear more than out of positive belief it is a moral or good thing. Your politics fails to account for this most basic psychological fact, and so you and MacDonald and others are endlessly reaching out for these imaginary respectable middle-class people who just need to hear our arguments to be convinced. You know what, bourgeois people aren't stupid. But they are self-interested and, if not cowardly, then philistines - people only interested in causes that will net them personally some advantage, whether money or status. If you and MacDonald could deflate your egos, you might realize that people like Hitler already figured all this out. But like the bourgeois selfish you're trying to reach, you only want to do what you enjoy - not what actually needs to be done. Your kind is basically irrelevant, and that's why you never discuss Golden Dawn. That party's experience directly contradicts every last assertion you make about the way your notional New Right will effect change.

Quote:
Morality is for kiddies, you say.
Morality is the name men give to their preferences. Or their self interest. Even if they believe it strongly enought to act against interest -- very rare in this world -- it still doesn't change the fact their good and bad are merely labels for their own preferences. Morality is not absolute, no matter who asserts otherwise. If you'd spent more of your youth reading someone wise men like Twain, Bierce and Mencken instead of a fool like Swedenborg, you'd know that kind of thing.

Quote:
There is a pattern here: vulgarity, cynicism, nihilism -- not to mention malignant narcissism and casual dishonesty and calamitously bad judgment of character. Nothing good can come from you.
I'm the cynical one? If I were cynical I would write tastefully and appropriately, that I might attract those unlike me. If I were cynical, I'd praise the South to the skies, and talk up their Book of books. If I were nihilist, I would stick to no principles. Or perhaps, following your example, I would proclaim one set of principles during the week, and the opposite on Sunday. Then I would cynically say to myself, well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. That's just how it is. Or I would publicly announce I'm a new fascist, building on the same proud legacy of old fascists that I'm also, by the way, simultaneously, and publicly, rejecting! ... And then I would go to others' sites and blame them for cynicisim and nihilism? While not allowing them to critcize me at my own.

Well, little semen-sucker, maybe your self-interested sybaritic syncretism is sans sense and, well, just plain silly.

Nazi! Queer! Christian! conservative!

What are you, Fagboy? You've got to decide Umber Johnson: are you a big man or a little man?

Right now you're Fat Oprah/Thin Oprah times two.

PICK A BODY AND GO WITH IT!

Quote:
My fear has been that you might be taken seriously by serious people and mislead them. I no longer worry about that.
I can only hope I've given you 1/100,000th of the soul-peace that Jesus (and a good steamer) has.

Last edited by Alex Linder; December 16th, 2012 at 12:47 AM.