View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2015 #7
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomcopter View Post
Saw the very same up here in western Washington state. Probably caused a few wrecks
That reminds me, I drove my truck from Eugene, Oregon to Redmond, Washington with 3' X 6' DIACWFWG side-boards and 3' X 5' tailgate. I sat through two or three wrecks in bumper to bumper traffic between Olympia and Seattle. The total trip took about seven hours. I had to make three emergency stops because the tailgate, for which it was its maiden voyage, nearly fell off several times in heavy traffic. Thank god it never flew fully off. I was nervous as hell sitting on the shoulder of I-5 in bumper-to-bumper traffic up around Sea-Tac working my ass off scavenging the shoulder for materials with which to Jerry-rig it enough to make it into Redmond.

The situation was not improved by the fact that I was attired as usual in a kilt. I found climbing up and down off that flat bed without exposing myself to be quite a challenge in addition to other obvious stressors. That was on the weekend of the Gay Pride parade, which I had half intended to picket, but after all the exposure I had gotten just by making the trip, I decided not to tempt fate any further that weekend.