Full Thread: Skadi Forum
View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2008 #35
Wakena

I found this on the Skadi Forum:

Quote:
Quote:
We have something which one can't buy for money and which makes us to the richest ppl on earth: True culture and heritage.

"As far as Germany extends, she corrupts culture."
--Friedrich Nietzsche, Ecce Homo

Quote:
The most miserable norwegian fisher-hut is worth more as the entire american east-coast together.

"Whoever reads me in Germany today has first de-Germanized himself thoroughly, as I have done: my formula is known, 'to be a good German means to de-Germanize oneself'; or he is -- no small distinction among Germans -- of Jewish descent -- Jews among Germans are always the higher race -- more refined, spiritual, kind. -- L'adorable Heine, they say in Paris."
--Friedrich Nietzsche, Ecce Homo (draft passage)

"This was said for the benefit of Germans; for everywhere else I have readers -- nothing but first-rate intellects and proven characters, trained in high positions and duties; I even have real geniuses among my readers. In Vienna, in St. Petersburg, in Stockholm, in Cophenhagen, in Paris, in New York -- everywhere I have been discovered; but not in the shallows of Europe, Germany."
--Friedrich Nietzsche, Ecce Homo

"America, you've got it better
Than our old continent. Exult!
You have no decaying castles
And no basalt.
Your heart is not troubled,
In lively pursuits,
By useless old remembrance
And empty disputes.

So use the present day with luck!
And when your child a poem writes,
Protect him, with his skill and pluck,
From tales of bandits, ghosts and knights."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?p=575003
Germany, most especially Northern Germany, presents a special problem as far as Europe is concerned. They are not really one of the club. Not a Roman province, the Holy Roman Empire with its prolonged patchwork, the Reformation which pointed to something strange. Could it be that Germany isn't really "European", the way the French, the Italians, the Spanish, and to a much lesser extent the English are? The NSs weren't interested in ruling over England, Italy, Spain or France. They were interested in the East by instinct. Something not accounted for, hereforeto, consciously.

Another idol toppled? In fact could it be that Germany's rightful destiny is not with Western Europe at all? Is it possible for destiny to be thwarted by a misunderstanding? Damn that traitor Himmler.

-- Cthulhu