View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2008 #7
William Hyde
Someday Never Comes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
I am new here, so hello to everyone! I am so frustrated with the world of politics and the world in general at the moment that I searched the "net" for a place I could vent or find people who feel like I do. My comment to this thread about "pretty" towns is that I am originally from the midwest (IN) and now live in the Caribbean (because of work). I get so homesick for the states and my husband and I continue to look for positions elsewhere. We go to the east coast when possible just to get what I call a "clean" vacation or "bleach" break.

I would really love to say we are all the same, but it is impossible. When talking to east coast residents, most say they are open-minded, liberal and seem to love the blacks, their culture, etc... but when I ask if they have ever lived amongst a majority of blacks, most say " oh' yes, we have a family in our neighborhood", give me a break!
I have 2 friends that were raised in Indiana, so welcome to the forum Zoey, I like your avatar !

There certainly is plenty of frustration going around these days, as the media reports on the decay of society and tries to tell us we're all the same and anyone who's been in the trenches naturally wants to ring their necks!