View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2004 #9
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlwind
Even if you take this challenge on the level it is proposed, god for god, deed for deed; Christianity is weak.
that's your conclusion. I'd like to ask you to elaborate on this. perhaps you could compare specifics and explain how you arrived at this conclusion.

my objective here is basically to engage in interesting discussions about religion with other White men who recognize the value of race and the importance of culture and are not weighed down with childish ideas of literalism. when I say not weighed down with literalism, I mean cutting both ways.

Literalism limits the spirtual development of the "believer" by contorting his reason into knots, when reason is not the issue. Typical Judeo-Christian evangelical silliness for example. I sadly see the same thing with CI: excessive concern with Christ's ancestry. Man, that's really missing the boat. God Incarnate his Son among the wickedest group of humans who kill him? What a story! And somebody things therefore they need to prove they're part of that wickedest ethnic group? Not me thank you!

Literalism also limits the development of the person who presumes religion to be utterly negated by reason. I dont like to use the word atheist for reasons Alex regularly explains at rm, but it suffices here. The idea is, anybody who wont consider what power myth may have on the human personality and culture.

So I say, cast aside this literalism. Discussing religion is not discussing science.

I recently found a good quote by none other than Dante regarding interpretation of peotic stories. I'll try to find it and put it here. Got it from an essay by Pietro Negri regarding symbolism in this book on "magic" and Julius Evola.