View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2007 #15
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Eagle View Post
Actually, it's worse just a bit south in "Fasionable" Ferndale. Me, I'd rather go out to the countryside and just relax and enjoy the beautiful part of Michigan.

Before my parents divorced back in 1960, we lived on Flowerdale...then on Allen for a bit. (both in Ferndale) I still remember shopping on 9 Mile at Federals, and going across the street to the soda fountain at Cunningham's on 9 Mile & Woodward.

If I remember right...there were THREE "dime stores" on 9 Mile! (Neisner's, SS Kresge, and a Woolworth's) I started school at Taft Elementary. I got my first suit at Robert Hall on Woodward in Pleasant Ridge. I think I finished kindergarten, and we moved to Detroit.

My grandparents on both my mother's side, and on my father's side had a cottage on a lake. One was on Lincoln Lake (near Greenville), and the other was on White Lake (near Pontiac?).

Believe it or not...going to White Lake back then was a trip to "the country"! I can still remember stopping at what I believe was the first McDonald's in Michigan on the trip to White Lake. (on M-59 I believe?) I imagine it's all overbuilt out there by now...full of "White flighters" and their spoiled wigger children.

Sorry for going off topic.

-Jim

The Hudson Valley Freeman

Quote:
Carry a pocket knife ,wear steel toe boots and always make sure that you have the advantage or these savage simians will fuck you up! -- "White Minority" from VNNForum

“To destroy is always the first step in any creation.”

-E.E.Cummings

"We're seeing people wearing Skrewdriver (a white power band) shirts and sieg heil-ing around town."

-New Paltz, NY Mayor Jason West 08/18/2004

Last edited by YANKEE_JIM; June 9th, 2007 at 11:08 PM.