View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2006 #14
MW88...

Two things occur:

Firstly, why did anyone believe that the SCV would push or promote a racially-aware agenda? Why join it or was this a so-called "entryist" effort? (Gosh us behaving like Trotskyists, what next?!! Tactical aware within the US movement. Wow.) Subsequent to that I suppose is that if you're happy with the Klan then why aren't you in it?!

Secondly, I have seen but don't entirely "get", these arguments suggesting that because on much literature and in other places the Klan groups (I know there are numerous factions) didn't use the Confederate flag and that they used the US "stars and stripes" flag instead. The argument put forward would be that the Klan was more successful outside the South, for example in the North East and Midwest.

I'm not saying I agree with this, just pointing it out. I do remember getting to hear about Rounder's efforts in the mid 1980s and he used the Confederate flag instead of the swastika and this worked for a time. Then of course you had the whites in Forsyth using the Confederate flag as a symbol of resistance to nigger trouble makers in the mid 1980s too. Seems obvious what it meant to them.

The one time I visited the South the Confederate flag was always to me a symbol of a proud white society and the evidence of a long-time resistance to forced integration. Certainly the left hate the Confederate flag.

Any comments?