View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2012 #6
M.N. Dalvez

You know what, Alex?!? Fuck that fat cunt Gina Rinehart!

She was born into massive wealth and massive assets, which she inherited from her old man Lang Hancock. She has never wanted for a single thing in her entire life.

She has increased what she inherited by a lot, that much is true, but she's done it largely by exploiting Commonwealth resources for her own private enrichment, and by being one of the primary big capitalists responsible for pressuring the government into importing every piece of turd world trash into Australia to work for cheap in one of her mines.

Oh! And at the same time, she wants the government to lower the minimum wage. To 'stimulate growth', she says. Of course, the fact that she'll make billions more a year when she doesn't have to pay her people as much is purely coincidental! Why, the woman's a bona fide philanthropist!

At least Kerry Packer (similar case, inherited a lot from his old man and made it a lot more than it was) never pretended to be anything but a capitalist. And at least he didn't shirk at paying people what their jobs were worth, and didn't continually try to lower the standard of living in this country.

That's why most Australians still have at least some respect for the man - that, and the side of him that was decidedly prole.

Quote:
I really don't think it is possible for everyone to end up rich.
Of course not. Anyone can (theoretically) get rich; not everyone can get rich. Because then the word would have no meaning.

When I was born, my parents had fuck-all. I have earned, and continue to earn, enough to keep myself and my family in good fashion for the rest of my life, and to ensure my kids won't want for anything before they turn 18, and will have a good kickstart when they do embark on their own adult lives. Anything more would be a bit pointless, really. And to make more, I'd have to stop developing my own skills in order to devote myself full-time to business.