View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2013 #9
Jean West

In response to Donald Pauly's #7:
Originally Posted by Jean West
There were a few in Germany who saw through Hitler's deception. Dietrich Bonhoeffer was a Christian minister who actively opposed Hitler by organizing what he called the "Confessing Church." These were believers who would not surrender Christ's sphere of authority to Hitler. They saw through "Hitler's Cross." Unfortunately, of the more than 14,000 pastors in Germany, only 800 joined with Bonhoeffer. To the vast majority of Germany's pastors, Bonhoeffer was an "extremist," or a "kook," or a "nut." They relegated Bonhoeffer to the fringe of Christendom. They believed Hitler and repudiated Bonhoeffer; they chose Hitler's "German Church" over the Confessing Church. In retrospect, however, who would they follow today, if they had the chance?
Quote:
Bonhoeffer was a Jew lover whose sister was married to a Jew. He was also a Negro lover and an associate of the Negro Adam Clayton Powell in New York City. He was hung for involvement in the Hitler assassination plot after the diaries of Canaris were discovered.
The words that you quote above from my post were written by Chuck Baldwin, not by me. I'm not sure you understood that, and I'd like it to be clear to readers. I'm aware of Bonhoeffer's history, which is why I included Baldwin's words as a negative.