View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2012 #19
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Its not possible for everyone to climb to the top of the ladder. But not everyone tries to. I'd be far too generous to my employees if I was a business owner, to the point where I'd be cutting myself short, especially if they had families.

I believe there is something morally wrong with any individual if money and wealth motivates them so much that they seek to gain it at any cost.
Ronald Reagan used to talk about "trickle down" economics - the notion that if the rich were allowed to make as much money as possible (by deregulation and tax-breaks) that their prosperity would "trickle down" to everyone else.

This is actually "shrivel up" economics. The rich are rich because they save their money, so when they make more money, it doesn't get spent, it goes out of the economy and into their bank accounts. The poor spend everything they earn because they have no choice - they don't earn enough to pay for everything that they need and there is none left to save because it all goes back into the economy.

So when the rich are allowed to exploit the poor by paying them minimum wage in order to keep a maximum profit for themselves, the economy starts to "shrivel up", the poor have less money to spend and the rich hoard their extra money away, piling up their billions, and the economy suffers because of it.