View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2007 #27
Flame Baiter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer Fischer View Post
Lots of Arab Christians maybe.

I once saw a 4th-century copy of one of the Gospels written in Arabic at a museum, which blew my mind a little since it's not something most people think of. The Christian gospel (such as it is) was spreading into Arabic areas centuries before Muhammed was even born. Funny how history works out.

Despite the common belief in the United States that "Arab" equals "Muslim", the majority of self-identifying Arabs in the United States are Eastern Rite Catholic or Orthodox, according to the Arab American Institute. On the other hand, most American Muslims are black or of South Asian (Indian or Pakistani) origin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Christian

Those are the Chaldeans. They are under the same pope as Roman Catholics and their priests can marry. Sounds strange, but it's true. The Roman Catholic church bans priests in the West from marrying, but those in the Middle East can. But hey, that prolly belongs on another thread.

Around East Dearborn, muslim almost always equals arab.

BTW, only 20% of the world's muslims live in the Mid east. Also, the country in the world with the highest Muslim population is in east Asia. Indonesia, as a matter of fact.

But hey, whatcha think of the photos? I took them today, except for the one outside the debate.