View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2008 #10
Ron Doggett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
Geeze, this is about the dumbest fuckin thing I have read on VNN in months. The Van Allen radiation belts don't give off "massive doses of radiation". If they did the high orbit communications satellites that operate in the outer regions would have their electronics fried right out of them within a month.

If you were really serious about looking into the Van Allen belts and the effects of radiation you would ask yourself a couple of simple questions.

1) What is the actual amount and nature of radiation present in the Van Allen Belts?

2) How long would an astronaut be exposed to that radiation while passing through the belts on a lunar trajectory, and what dose of radiation would he receive?

3) What would be the likely health effects?

I recommend you look into the answers. You'll find that NASA engineers easily overcame the problem of the Van Allen belts....that is if you can tear yourself away from producing idiotic threads and polls about Bill White, dummy.
Well said Steve.
The only ones I've heard question the moon landing up until I saw it on VNN a month ago were niggers.
This great achievement of our race is not in question.