View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2008 #8
Bob R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMan4WhiteLand View Post
To be honest...I can't believe my site was up on that host for as long as it was.

The only thing I'm worried about is some sort of criminal action being filed against me based on the DMCA.

Yes that's right kids. I can be put in prison for what I wrote on the internet.

Freedom of speech is dead.
well that's interesting, I'm not a know it all, but I read a little about the DMCA, it sounds like they are going after the computer programmers mostly, under the DMCA, the guys who write all the code that enables people to circumvent copyrighting stuff. It's kind of hard for an ordinary person to really know what's what on the internet.

Quote:
The DMCA has had an impact on the worldwide cryptography research community, since an argument can be made that any cryptanalytic research violates, or might violate, the DMCA. The arrest of Russian programmer Dmitry Sklyarov in 2001, for alleged infringement of the DMCA, was a highly publicized example of the law's use to prevent or penalize development of anti-DRM measures.[12] While working for Elcomsoft in Russia, he developed The Advanced eBook Processor, a software application allowing users to strip usage restriction information from restricted e-books, an activity legal in both Russia and the United States.[13]