View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2008 #14
News
Friendly

Quote:
I remember when I was a kid, when we'd go through the nigger area of a city, your parents would say 'lock your doors'
Pardon the one-upmanship but I never forgot my parents ridiculing my grandparents for doing exactly that. My mom and dad always tried to embarrass my grandparents in front of us when I was a kid, like they were acting out some archie bunker episode. Grin smugly and joke when my grandma locked the doors as we approached a nigger infested intersection on the way home from their church which btw was a besieged little baptist outfit, all-white congregation in middle of niggerhood. The members had moved out but still came back there every sunday and they voted to pay a security guard because their cars kept getting stolen sunday mornings while they sang hymns.

This was in northeast Kansas City, btw. 12th on Brutus' list there but it'd get lower rank if that zone was isolated as a "city" like some of them did. Old Kensington Baptist Church I think it was near 22nd and Kensington but it's been 20 years.

lol @ Camden making 3rd on the list with less than a tenth the population of #1 Detroit. I've never been to Camden but every single thing I ever heard, read, or saw of Camden, New Jersey made it sound like a hotspot or a hottentotspot or the dirtiest Melanopolis ever. There's a new word to coin if nobody got to it yet.