View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2006 #5
Live Free
Terry Phillips

As I sit here at my computer, I am looking up at the photograph of my Confederate grandfather. Next to him is a photograph of my wife's Confederate grandfather. As I look into the eyes of each, I am reminded that both of them were members of the first of the Klan Klaverns during Reconstruction in their respective areas. If anyone deserved to carry the Confederate Battle Flag after The War, for any reason, it was them. They both fought the yankee invaders. They both fought the Freedman's Bureau. My Confederate grandfather fought in 38 battles, large and small during The War. His unit, the 12th Ga. Inf., Co. C, The Davis Rifles, formed in June 1861, and stood with the Confederacy throughout. He, and his unit, only furled their flags when Lee did.

I have been an SCV member since I can remember. I have been a Camp Adjutant, a Camp Lt. Commander, and a Camp Commander, and that for over four years. My father is an SCV member, as is several of my cousins.

In spite of all that, from the bottom of my heart, I here declare that the Sons Of Confederate Veterans can go to hell.

The SCV seems to have an absolute mania for drafting nigger members and when they get the, yes, they suck their ass. Here in Florida, they have a campaign for a Southern heritage license plate. To aid them in their efforts, the Florida SCV is having a nigger, H.K. Edgerton carry my goddamn flag across the state.

I don't need a fucking nigger to carry my goddamn flag for me.

I am done with the SCV.