Full Thread: Secession Petitions
View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2012 #61
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Lee View Post
Suppose for a minute that the U.S. government decided to let every state that wanted to secede, do so without any interference or opposition, upon a popular vote of that state's citizenry.

Something like 40 to 45 cents of every dollar of personal income in Mississippi is some form of government transfer payment. I suspect Arkansas, Louisiana and Alabama have similar figures. I can't imagine the U.S. government allowing those states that have seceded to continue receiving those benefits without also being part of the tax base. Besides the transfer payments, a large part of the citizenry is employed in jobs that are federally funded or federally dependent -- i.e. military, public schools, hospitals.

How committed to the idea of secession would these people remain, once it sunk in that their meemaw's medicare, social security, food stamps etc. would no longer be coming? That there would be no more farm subsidies for not growing crops? That the federal dollars supporting the school at which their wife teaches would be no more?

It could be done -- there would be a mass exodus of niggers to the U.S. where there benefits would continue, and with that the overiding cause of the South's present poverty would be gone. But there would be grinding poverty here for at least 100 years.

I just don't think the commitment to do it exists.
You're missing the fantasy aspect of this, which is the idea that:

1) the North voted for Obama because he's half black

2) the North loves niggers

3) the North would accept a mass transfer of niggers

OD is practicing fantasy politics. It's plausible to some Southerners beacause they're either not familiar with the north or not interested in how northerners actually think. It would be funny if it weren't pathetic.