View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2008 #13
WhiteMan4WhiteLand
TNB Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
I don't see it as a racial issue, but a law issue. They asked you to change it, warned you of the penalty, and followed through on their threats. This would've happened if it was 1990 and you were printing a weekly.

Read your emails next time and don't infringe. And don't give up.
LOL...do you honestly think they would have treated me the same way if I had a politically correct blog called "detroitisgreat.com?" Gimme a break, of course it's a racial issue...

Secondly, I don't believe I was infringing on a trade mark. How can you infringe on a trademark if you sell no goods or services?

Furthermore, I wasn't using "THE DETROIT NEWS" as my motto. It's like a company trying to trademark the phrase "orange juice" and then threatening to sue every time someone uses the term "orange juice".

The core of their complaint was that I was using a similar font and I did change the font. Then they sent back that I couldn't use the words "Detroit News" anywhere in my blog.

It's quite obvious that my site has no affiliation with "The Detroit News".

As far as giving up, I had just renewed my hosting plan for a new year and now that money is gone...I don't know if I'll be able to retrieve my domain names either.

I really don't have the money, and don't have the drive at the moment to continue.