View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2010 #21
Igor Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Radl View Post
As it turns out there is an individual who Hoffman probably meant who was jewish and was a ‘Hero of the Soviet Union’ as well as being a General in the Soviet Armed Forces. However Hoffman; typically as regular readers will know, didn’t give enough detail to track this individual down and nor did he spell the individual’s surname correctly (which you would have thought would be kind of important with a list of ‘Judaic Communists’). In a book I have been reading I came across a mention of this character in a footnote and immediately recognised that he could well be the individual Hoffman meant. So for the sake of the factual record, intellectual honesty and being complete I reproduce the relevant footnote:
I'm glad to know this, as I recently brought up the Dragonsky thing as a means of discrediting Hoffman at another forum where he was foaming at the mouth against "neo-nazis" and white nationalists as usual. In the future, I'll have to find something else to attack him with.

I wish people doing research of this kind would start providing their sources in footnotes for anything that isn't widely known or firmly established. For example, Who Rules America? claims Howard Stringer (Sony's present CEO) is jewish, but I couldn't find anything confirming this when I searched the web last year.