View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2010 #9
Bev
drinking tea

Book now removed from Amazon.
Quote:
The Pedophile’s Guide To Love And Pleasure: A Child-Lover’s Code Of Conduct, by American Phillip Greaves, saw a Facebook backlash against the internet shopping site.

Mother Samantha Horton said: ‘I have been using Amazon to purchase my three-year-old’s Christmas presents and this filth is available from the same store? It’s deplorable.’

The book had been on sale since October 28 but was pulled from the site yesterday following the complaints.

The firm had earlier insisted: ‘Amazon believes it is censorship not to sell certain books simply because we or others believe their message is objectionable.

‘Amazon does not support or promote hatred or criminal acts. However, we do support the right of every individual to make their own purchasing decisions.’

In an interview with CNN yesterday, Greaves, from Colorado said: ‘True paedophiles love children and would never hurt them.’

However, he insisted he did not see ‘kissing and fondling’ children as ‘that big of a problem’.

He said his guide offered tips for ‘child-lovers’ to avoid acting on their impulses and breaking the law.

The £2.97 book was available for Amazon’s Kindle electronic reader.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/846987-a...#ixzz15Gttjucc