View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2009 #2
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesEagan View Post

I alway wondered though, how do they get such clear images from a lens moving 17,000 mph? How could they focus it on a tiny little area for so long and gather the light for these pics, the way a ground based telescope does? They must take thousands of pics of same area and make a composit, but still, seems like it would be impossible to do. I wonder if these pics like this are touched up and altered by artists, based on data, or if that's the actual view of the telescope.
Not sure. Isn't it a matter of just snapping a picture? Doesn't the Earth rotate really fast too? We don't seem to have any problem down on Earth with taking pictures with the ole Kodak Vest Pocket Series III so why should a super high tec camera in the sky like the Hubble have any difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesEagan View Post
I'm new here, I guess it's a general interest forum? Or only racist subjects?
Yes, general interest of all subjects combined with free speech which would include some discussions that some might deem "racist".

However, the main aim we're trying to accomplish here is to raise the ratio of men to broads. As it stands now it's about 100 men for every 1woman. Hopefully we can raise that to 100-2 in the near future through diligence and hard work.