View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2007 #16
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cate View Post
This is good information. As a woman, I have gone into a gun shop asking to buy a shotgun and am always deterred, because I'm a woman. Don't get me wrong, I am well armed, but I think a shotgun would make a nice addition to my "toys" on hand. With some basic facts as you have listed, I will be able to make a good choice from the stock available at the local gun shops.
Have you ever thought of buying a Charles Daily youth model20 gauge with a screw in choke? You can get an Undertaker extra full turkey choke and shot 71/2 shells in it and still do some damage. The gun will hold about a 6-inch pattern at 30 feet. Even with birdshot it will do some serious damage to the head or whatever without the recoil or going through walls. Also since it is a youth model it is small and it is camouflaged. They hold 6 rounds and go for under $200 out the door at Wal-mart.

Unless you are invaded by aliens or indestructible zombies I don’t know of anyone that will keep coming after being sprayed in the face with 40 pellets of 20 gauge shot.

Also you can get a 12 gauge, cut the barrel down to 1 inch above the maximum legal limit and have an open bore. Light shot or even buck shot won’t have much of a kick with an open bore gun.

If you are worried about recoil just remember the less choke the lighter the recoil.