View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2009 #6
Hadding

Default Jew Peddles Fake Hitler Quote to Taki's Mag

Today on Youtube I saw a video with the fetching title "Hitler the Philosopher." It consisted of a series of statements attributed to Adolf Hitler, but with no sources given. Some of the alleged quotes struck me as highly questionable, like this one:

"Life is will to power and satisfaction is in eternal self-overcoming."

Anybody that has read Nietzsche will recognize that terminology and that idea. If Hitler ever quoted or paraphrased Nietzsche, he was very unlikely to do it in public, because the vast majority of Hitler's supporters were very Christian, while Nietzsche of course was notoriously hostile to Christianity.

I checked the English-language edition of Hitler's Table Talk to see if perhaps he had said some such thing in private. Out of a dozen or so statements about "life" in Hitler's Table Talk, not one characterizes life as "will to power." To be safe I checked Mein Kampf as well, since Hitler did say some things at that time, when the movement was still small, that he would not have said later. It turns out that the expression will to power appears nowhere in Mein Kampf.

I do not know where that statement was originally attributed to Hitler, but it is clearly part of an attempt to portray Hitler as a Nietzschean, which is to say, an anti-Christian. Allied propaganda in both World Wars portrayed the Germans as Godless Nietzscheans, which they generally were not.

In the imagination of an uneducated Christian, it is a given that anybody who rejects Christianity will incline to do all the things that Christianity prohibits. After the allegation of Godlessness, the allegation of tossing babies onto bayonets or Jews into ovens becomes almost self-evident. That is why the accusation of Godlessness was fundamental in the propaganda of both World Wars.

The improbable Hitler quote appears not only in that video; it also appears in Abir Taha's Nietzsche,Prophet of Nazism: The Cult of the Superman -- again, of course, with no source cited.

There was another alleged Hitler quote with anti-Christian purport:

“The old beliefs will be brought back to honor again. The whole secret knowledge of nature, of the divine, the demonic. We will wash off the Christian veneer and bring out a religion peculiar to our race.”

I found the exact same quote in Taki's Magazine of 29 August 2007, in an article titled "Hitler and the New Nazi Religion." It turns out that this article was an excerpt from a book, Salvation is From the Jews, written by a "converted" Jew, Roy Schoeman.

Schoeman cites sources for that quote, but what sources! They are: "Nazis: The Occult Conspiracy, Discovery Channel; also Joseph Carr The Twisted Cross, p. 203." I find it quite shoddy when an author making a controversial point relies on secondary sources, let alone sensationalist trash like The Twisted Cross, and a TV show!

Are Taki's readers so low-brow that they find this acceptable?

And aren't Jews supposed to be intelligent? Or maybe this kind of shoddiness is simply Schoeman's way of showing contempt for his stupid Christian readers.

It turns out that the original source for the quote is one of Hermann Rauschning's fictitious conversations with Hitler. However, like two other fake Hitler quotes that I discussed in an earlier post, this "quote" has an additional layer of misrepresentation in that it is cobbled together from various sentences in Rauschning. Here is the context in which the elements of the fake quote are found, on and around page 55 of Rauschning's The Voice of Destruction.

"You see," Hitler returned triumphantly; "that is what I'm building on. Our peasants have not forgotten their true religion. It still lives. It is merely covered over. The Christian mythology has simply coated it like a layer of tallow. It has preserved the true contents of the pot. I have said this to Dane, and told him that we must start the great reformation. He has suggested means to me, magnificent means! I have approved them. The old beliefs will be brought back to honor again. In our 'Green Week' and in the 'Traveling Agricultural Exhibition' he will allude to our inherited religion in picturesque and expressive language that even the simplest peasant can understand.

"It will not be done in the old way, running riot in colorful costumes and dreaming of a departed, romantic age. The peasant will be told what the Church has destroyed for him: the whole of the secret knowledge of nature, of the divine, the shapeless, the daemonic. The peasant shall learn to hate the Church on that basis. Gradually he will be taught by what wiles the soul of the German has been raped. We shall wash off the Christian veneer and bring out a religion peculiar to our race. And this is where we must begin. Not in the great cities, Goebbels! There we shall only lose ourselves in the stupid godlessness propaganda of the Marxists: free sex in nature and that sort of bad taste. The urban masses are empty. Where all is extinguished, nothing can be aroused. But our peasantry still lives in heathen beliefs and values."

Again, I remind you, Rauschning's "conversations with Hitler" are fake. Beware of accepting statements attributed to Hitler -- even if it is a statement that appeals to you -- without knowing the original source and whether it is credible. Otherwise you could end up having egg all over your face like Taki's Magazine.

Last edited by Hadding; December 10th, 2009 at 05:59 AM.