Full Thread: White people
View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2011 #18
Moose

I hit a patch of black ice today and drove, or should I say flew, my truck at 50mph into a 7 or so foot flood drainage ditch. Not sure how I didn't roll it, or how I even landed wheels first. It kind of defied the laws of physics. The bottom of the ditch was concrete and completely iced over so I landed and basically bounced off the sides of the ditch before coming to a stop at a not very reassuring distance from the concrete wall that propped up the drain pipe.

Anyway, after shitting myself and calling some buddies, I spent the next hour or so waiting for them to arrive. Then we spent the next hour trying to get it out before giving up and calling a tow truck with a wench. About two dozen people stopped to ask if I was physically okay, and all of those with bigger trucks offered to help drag it out, which wasn't happening.

Then a woman who worked for an auto shop on that street came over and offered to hook me up with their go-to-tow guy, who charged me a very low amount for the situation.

I feel shitty about it because I wasn't very gracious to all those who stopped due to being a little traumatized and afraid that my truck was done for, but, ya know.

Last edited by Moose; January 20th, 2011 at 08:42 PM.