View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2007 #17
NEWDAYRISING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain View Post
You're suggesting SFers,on average, are more aware about AIPAC than VNNers? That's laughable.

I guess you may have been talking about this thread:
http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=aipac

There's a lot of rote in all this. So what?

On Dr. D-- Thunderbolt of Truth was a fine magazine. I remember his essay about Hitler's will-- how Hitler listed himself into being an important, world-changing historical figure who is still influencing us even today, all by his will power.
Yes, that would be laughable to say. But I wasn't saying that. There are 'beginners' on all boards. We have to educate them and be patient to the fence sitter if we want to change their attitudes. Calling them a jew or troll or whatever right off the bat with all kinds of f-bombs and derogatory remarks isn't going to keep them here, if that is what you want to do.
As far as the Dr. B thing goes, I don't really care. But what IS a concern is the breaking of trust with a sf sm member posting out of context posts onto other forums. That is not mighty white of duke-rules, is it? If he has a beef with Dr. B's post then he should post it there.

It also says a lot about the thraed starter and those who jump right on the bandwagon in this thread about the opening post. Un-founded ad hominem at its best.