View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2012 #9
Jethro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I'm sure that will be covered. Elections are topical, hence of some interest even here, but Griffin has a history of overrating the significance of events such as this recent election; I'm sure we can get into that.
Since I have been posting on the internet, there has been a discernible arc in the course of American patriotism: the heyday of the patriotards in the W. years (2001 to 2009), the Tea Party "Take Back America" phase (2009 to 2011), and now there seems to be more of a collapse of confidence in the future of America (2012).

Personally, I don't see much difference between Romney and Obama, and I wasn't that interested in the election for most of the year, but it was clear that even WNs among my readers were following it very closely and were very emotionally invested in the result, and this is especially true of the more non-WN readers.

Few WNs or SNs are really that interested in these elections. The average conservative though sees it as something of an all or nothing clash between good and evil. These elections are playing a huge role in shaping attitudes toward Americanism.