View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2010 #10
white_phosphorous
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Appleby View Post
At the start of her trip 7 months ago I thought the same thing. On her first day she hit a container ship while she was asleep, damaging the boat forcing her to shore for repairs. If this is how it started, the end was not going to be pretty.

Although she has been blogging on her site I didn't follow this, and the first time people heard about her again was a couple of weeks ago when she approached Western Australia. By the time she approached the East Coast of Australia it seemed she was going to make it, and public sentiment changed to one of supportive welcome home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Watson
There is a 15 year old US girl who has started the trip from Mexico and a 14 year old girl from the Netherlands who started the trip from Spain and these are underway right now. As all three girls are under the age of 18 they will not be recognised by the sailing body that makes the rules for these attempts.
wow, see I didn't even know about her having hit the ship. From one angle, I would certainly rather have my daughter doing this than dating negroes and listening to "rap," but at a time when OZ only has 20 million Whites, I feel like starting a race among rich aussie country clubbers for who has the youngest daughter to circumnavigate the globe isn't the best idea. She'd do better to have herself 7 nice, White kids who look like her.

btw- I'll bet you the three other girls trying it now are all White girls from good families pressured by their dads, and at least one ends up as shark food. Plus, isn't hurricane season soon upon us? What are these parents thinking?