Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Clownage > Nutzpah Lounge
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old September 4th, 2012 #141
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
To be fair Alex just did an interview on Carloyn's show like a month ago.

Did you hear it Mark? http://thewhitenetwork.com/data/audi...r_20120721.mp3
Yup..... listened to it as soon as it became available..... It was a great show and just proves my point.

Old September 4th, 2012 #142
James Hawthorne

While those await the posting of the April interview, here is an interview she did with Stan Hess.

http://reasonradionetwork.com/downlo...r-20120209.mp3

VNN Media

Old September 4th, 2012 #143
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Faust View Post
I was told that you guys were working on a system of consistent donors and that it was scrapped at VNN because you wanted to control the money aspect. Basically that you thought our existing server was enough when we used to tax it out with 100 listeners.
It's hazy to me now, but I definitely never had more than 2-3 short exchanges with a couple people about the whole thing. If someone had come to me at the beginning, I would have been open to discussing how best to do it for the cause, and secondarily for all concerned. But no one said anything to me until it was well underway, best I could tell. They wanted to do something that is against the strategy I advocate, and do it at least in part with VNN donors and VNN talent. You know, I don't have any hold over these people; if they want to go their own way, ok. I think they handled it wrong, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Quote:
As for your attempt at radio Alex..... Too bad you didn't continue, because you had the most potential of us all and just kinda shrugged you shoulders at the whole thing....
The last five years I've done none, and that was mostly for health reasons. I will do more.

Quote:
If you were just a little less pompous about being smart you could have jumped the whole VNN thing to a new level with the live and recorded shows. You did your share but why stop? Goyfire was really taking off. With some diplomacy and better social skills You probably could have had thousands of downloads a day.
What I stopped doing was Radio Istinas, and I still get requests, so I will do more. But bad health made me not want to do it. Only now do I have some energy and interest like I had them, around the time of the Knoxville Rally.

Goyfire is a different matter. It's entirely dependent on Agis producing it technically. I can't do that at all. I have never refused the guys, Agis and Craig, when they wanted to do a show. But all of our lives have changed, we're not necessarily in position or communication to do something every few weeks. Craig is working 80 hours a week, and I have no idea what's going on with Aegis. I'm certainly still willing to do this show whenever they can, believe me. Not everything lasts forever. I turn down very few interview requests from outside media or shows, pretty much only if the WN person is someone I don't respect or is involved with some crank philosophy.

Quote:
Most of us sucked at it.... You and Dietrich were the only ones who had any real talent on the air and in the end it was his pompous attitude about being smart and shitty social skills that made him stop too.

Fucking wasted talent and time
I don't see it that way. They were getting angry at me because I didn't want to do, I don't know, get involved with their show(s) as much as they wanted. But I do a different type show. I had no problem at all with their doing pretty much whatever they wanted; obvioulsy a fair number of people were interested. It just wasn't really in my vein, and I would prefer they had left me alone except for a brief guest segment, and not talked about me personally. Then everything would have been fine. You can say pompous or whatever, but yeah, I'm not big into joking around and just talking to talk. When I do radio stuff, I have a definite mission. My mission doesn't really fit the type of show they were doing. That's fine. No need to force anything.

Now if they wanted to do a major broadcast network, I would have been perfectly willing to discuss that in any form, if approached right. But I didn't like how they handled it, so things broke off. Eh, what can you say? To me, broadcast is a distant second to podcasts. I mean, ok, you can take some calls on air. I guess that's something. You can get more listeners live, I guess. I just don't see what the huge advantage is, or where the thing is headed. With podcasts, the production is much simpler and easier for everyone. You just make the show and anyone can download it.

There's nothing stopping anyone from making a podcast and posting it on the forum; we don't seem to have people interested in that at this time.

Last edited by Alex Linder; September 4th, 2012 at 06:05 PM.

Old September 4th, 2012 #144
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

There are threads here on the forum that you can basically watch the birth of VOR, or at least the turning of Dietrich & Mark's idea of VOR into a viable reality via the birth of the before-it's-time and at least personally-lamented financial vehicle the SPU, which was made up entirely of VNNers, some of whom still post here these 5 years later.

I lost contact with those guys years ago, and know absolutely nothing of any recent drama, but they were both highly dedicated and sacrificed greatly when I knew them. I think Alex does the same.

I could be completely wrong, but I bet if everyone physically met in a room and had a talk, a lot of things wouldn't seem so serious.

I'm not in any way suggesting that should happen, just offering some perspective.

Old September 4th, 2012 #145
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
There are threads here on the forum that you can basically watch the birth of VOR, or at least the turning of Dietrich & Mark's idea of VOR into a viable reality via the birth of the before-it's-time and at least personally-lamented financial vehicle the SPU, which was made up entirely of VNNers, some of whom still post here these 5 years later.

I lost contact with those guys years ago, and know absolutely nothing of any recent drama, but they were both highly dedicated and sacrificed greatly when I knew them. I think Alex does the same.

I could be completely wrong, but I bet if everyone physically met in a room and had a talk, a lot of things wouldn't seem so serious.

I'm not in any way suggesting that should happen, just offering some perspective.
Well, much could be said. First of all, Varg tells me we still have the capacity to do broadcast. He could set it up if anyone wanted to do shows. For me, I will be doing more shows - Goyfire if Aegis is avaiable to produce, but in any case my own RI as podcasts.

For outside VNN, it looks like we have

1) VoR still around
2) The White Network (Yeager, Tanstaafl, Hadding and more)
3) CC's budding podcast network (Johnson + Parrott for technical; Stark as one host)

What could be done that isn't being done? My view is that, as with writing, the speaker draws his type of people. Some people like intellectual books. A lot more like crime fiction. You see? I probably hit the higher end in mind. Friday fun shows with Mishko, Dietrich, Mark Faust and such - probably more people are interested at this level. Even more important, perhaps is the social function. This is the real value that someone like Mishko actually has. And Dietrich too. Fun-loving, social people. I'M NOT REALLY THIS TYPE. I tried to communicate this, but I think Mishko early planned to use it as a pretext to do his own thing. He's the type that has to be in control, as am I. I just think it was done the wrong way. I don't need to control the money, but I will not work with people who are pursuing the wrong strategy - softening WN into cheap, already available conservatism. I knew if what they planned to do was within VNN, that I would still be here 5, 10, 15, 20 years later, as I'd made the life commitment and was working under my real names. Who at VoR can say that? Who's going to be there when the going gets rough?

What is so great about broadcasting anyway? That's what I don't see. Unless you can get serious advertising money. That would be he only game changer. Otherwise, a podcast seems nearly as good and much easier to produce.

Old September 6th, 2012 #146
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

Broadcasting live can be stressful, and is a lot of work...... But what it does is create a small base of dedicated listeners who feel like they are really part of something, like they are involved. This is because they ARE involved, especialy when you have a live show with a live show chat. I am reasonably sure VOR's big 10k donor would not have been so quick to donate (it happened about 20 mins after the show ended) had he not been listening live and not part of the show chat.

I miss doing shows, both live and pre-recorded...... If anyone wants to do a show with me PM me and let me know, I'm not saying that I could do a regular show, but would love to get that feeing back again while entertaining others.

Alex, the offer stands to you as well...... I'm not as dumb as you think (like you I discovered the Jewish conspiracy on my own) and can hold a reasonably serious conversation when it is called for.

Old September 6th, 2012 #147
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Quote:
Broadcasting live can be stressful, and is a lot of work...... But what it does is create a small base of dedicated listeners who feel like they are really part of something, like they are involved. This is because they ARE involved, especialy when you have a live show with a live show chat. I am reasonably sure VOR's big 10k donor would not have been so quick to donate (it happened about 20 mins after the show ended) had he not been listening live and not part of the show chat.

I miss doing shows, both live and pre-recorded...... If anyone wants to do a show with me PM me and let me know, I'm not saying that I could do a regular show, but would love to get that feeing back again while entertaining others.

Alex, the offer stands to you as well...... I'm not as dumb as you think (like you I discovered the Jewish conspiracy on my own) and can hold a reasonably serious conversation when it is called for.
Are you Admin? Your name being and bold in all.

Old September 6th, 2012 #148
Tom Scabdates
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Cobb View Post
Alex re-posted in 112:

Byron Jost was very good friends with Peter Schaenk (not his real name) and that's how Byron said it came to be. Schaenk used to make frequent allusions and direct references to his Christianity on air.
Yeah, no shit.

Reminds me of the niggers that wore "high-top fades" back in the day.

Billy Bird was real good at pumping the "we must love/respect the jew god" doctrine.

Old September 6th, 2012 #149
Craig Cobb
Banned

Is that Schaenk, Tom? I know he is a musician--sax I think-- and played Las Vegas.

Old September 7th, 2012 #150
Tom Scabdates
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Cobb View Post
Is that Schaenk, Tom? I know he is a musician--sax I think-- and played Las Vegas.
Mr. Fabulous these days. http://www.mrfabulousltd.com/live/

Old September 7th, 2012 #151
Craig Cobb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Scabdates View Post
Mr. Fabulous these days. http://www.mrfabulousltd.com/live/
Yeah, it seemed unlikely. Tunies, excepting Donnie and Marie Osmond, Red Skelton and Art Linkletter, aren't known for their sophisticated humor. Too, they always fail to put their race before their disquieting personal supernatural malady. He is a Vegas lounge act. Known.

Old September 7th, 2012 #152
James Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Perhaps so. April Gaede is ordinarily a hot property for one of her interviews. As of this post www.reasonradionetwork.com is off line but their whois still shows a valid registration. Most times that indicates that a hosting bill has not been paid. Audio files are bandwidth hogs that cost quite a bit of money.
Here you go Donald...

April Gaede interview with Mike Connor on the Friday Show.

http://reasonradionetwork.com/downlo...w-20120720.mp3

VNN Media

Old September 8th, 2012 #153
James Hawthorne

Are the stars crossed in perverse ways lately? Are unusual planetary formations involving Mercury (ruling communication) creating havoc here on earth amongst we poor mortals?

Dietrich Mullis and Carolyn’s email messaging to each other got crossed just once and created confusion about his appearing on this program. However, he eventually was able to call in during the 2nd hour with about 40 minutes left to go and the result was a helpful and informative chat. Thanks Dietrich!

In the first hour, Carolyn talked about the history of Voice of Reason Network (VOR), according to what she was able to find, with the idea of learning something from it. She spoke of several of the show hosts, especially Dietrich, Mishko and Peter Schaenk. The White Network’s new program host, August Hurst, came on in the last few minutes of the first hour and continued into the first quarter of the second hour, introducing his new weekly show “An Hour by the Window” to the listeners.

The program ended on a positive note.

http://thewhitenetwork.com/category/...arolyn-yeager/

VNN Media

Old September 10th, 2012 #154
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hawthorne View Post

Dietrich Mullis and Carolyn’s email messaging to each other got crossed just once and created confusion about his appearing on this program. However, he eventually was able to call in during the 2nd hour with about 40 minutes left to go and the result was a helpful and informative chat. Thanks Dietrich!

The program ended on a positive note.

http://thewhitenetwork.com/category/...arolyn-yeager/
I wanted to post this here as well since it referenced both VNN & Alex.

Quote:
Donnie in Ohio
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

September 10, 2012 at 3:52 am

It was great to hear Dietrich on the radio again. I wish we had 1,000 more like him. 1,000 more Alex Linders, too. I’m a “let a thousand flowers bloom”-kinda guy.

The description Dietrich gives of the origins of the SPU are accurate from what I remember.

I was a founding member of the Special Projects Unit, and it was indeed (originally) formed with the purpose of funding VNN media projects. After that idea proved problematic and ultimately unworkable, the SPU was left a bit in the lurch and looking for something to get behind. Dietrich & Mark pitched their vision for VOR (it wasn’t called VOR at the time, but yeah) and it was a perfect fit, and seemed the obvious choice.

The donations sent to VOR from the SPU were always meticulously accounted for by Dietrich or Mark, and it was obviously being put to good use, as the quality of the broadcasts constantly improved. It was money well spent, and the SPU membership to a man/woman considered it an honor to help the little that we did.

As Dietrich says, the SPU involvement was never intended to be a permanent thing, as other projects were undertaken as well. People drift in and out of touch in life, the only constant is change.

I feel I can speak for that association of great people that made up the Special Projects Unit when I say we considered the association with VOR an unqualified success.

Old September 10th, 2012 #155
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:

Like I said, you're welcome to use the VNNF facilities. Just ask Varg. I've confirmed with him that he can set it up pretty quickly.

Quote:
If you did a show, I would join you from time to time. But I'm not committing to a schedule. My radio agenda is to start doing Radio Istina podcasts again. I doubt I will be broadcasting. If I can tape myself, then I will do podcasts. I have 2-3 willing to do the production for me if I did broadcasting but I don't want to at this time. I don't think I can run as long as I did before. Either one hour or half-hour is probably what I'm going to start with.

I'll restate my view: people just talking and having fun (ie, the Punk Mob, or Stan and Yankee Jim) is as valuable or more valuable - if it can be sustained - than the attempted 'evergreen' (always relevant, as opposed to evanescent mere news) stuff I do.

Again, my idea in radio regard comes from George Lincoln Rockwell: he advised full-spectrum offerings. For the dumb, the middle and the high. Not just the monolevel medium-high bourgeoisie that VoR and AmRen and TOO and CC and every other darn thing except VNN is aimed at. VNN is the only site out there that is able to hit dumb and average people as well as smart. That is our value. Cleaning it up by softening it ideologically and language/tonewise is the wrong strategy. As I told Dietrich and Mishko at the time.

Look at Golden Dawn. They are changing things and scaring the powers that be. Do they go after the bourgeois? Fuck no. They attract the YOUNG and the ANGRY. The people who know that in order for them and their kind to have a future, they have to be willing to kick ass. Don't let the professional conservatives like Vdare or the functional conservatives like Parrott, Macdonald and Johnson geld you. Stay rough and ready.

Last edited by Alex Linder; September 12th, 2012 at 12:14 PM.

Old September 10th, 2012 #156
Alex Linder
Administrator

[Will pretty much nails it, altho I believe Pierce was wrong to refrain from actively attacking christianity (and conservatism). I told Dietrich and Misko what he says below. It's never a clever strategy to ape the conservatives, it's merely weak.]

Will Williams
September 10, 2012 at 8:32 am

David Baillie says: “If VoR was named for someone in particular it was Dietrich. Reason and realism. You will not attain a movement of any substantial weight if you alienate White Christians. We need a cadre, yes, and it is the duty of the members of that cadre to motivate and grow the movement until it reaches critical mass.”

Having never listened to VoR before it was interesting to hear Carolyn and Dietrich telling about its origins, development and eventual crash. This thing about how we must not alienate White Christians with anything put out on a pro-White broadcast network is poppycock, especially in the same breath as it’s said how we need a “cadre” that will grow the movement. VoR sprang from folks who found each other on Linder’s “Vanguard” News Network, yet the first thing they did was go “Big Tent” by bringing in Christian Peter Stark, or whatever his name is, who apparently wanted no non-Christian racial idealists broadcasting their earthbound points of view, and John Nugent who once declared that a movement without Christianity is no movement at all. They were the first two hosts on VoR’s premier broadcast. What a inauspicious start from these alleged “vanguardists,” looking to build a cadre that will grow the movement in the same sense that Dr. Pierce intended. Carolyn added earlier that Mike Conner, the new chief at VoR, told her earlier this year that he wanted to take VoR even more Big Tent.

I took a few notes during the interview with Dietrich and would like to comment on a couple of things he said. He mentioned how in building a network the more hosts that come on board the more you get “conflicting personalities.” That may be true to a degree if not managed properly, but I think it invites avoidable trouble when you build with hosts who have conflicting or opposed ideologies.

I was spoiled on Dr. Pierce’s and Kevin Strom’s groundbreaking American Dissident Voices broadcasts twenty years ago. They were professionally produced shows, always in line with Dr. Pierce’s non-Christian, some would say anti-Christianity, world view. Dr. Pierce criticized Christianity as being a large part of our race’s overall problem; he didn’t attack Christians or ridicule their Jewish sky god but he did not allow their alien ideology to creep into his ADV broadcasts. He was trying to attract and build a true vanguard of White loyalists who agreed with his Cosmotheist world view, not with the Christian masses who disagreed with it. He certainly would not allow a platform for those who disagreed with him, or who would call him and his supports “Jews” for rightly criticizing Christianity as Semitic in origin, or not grounded in reality, and therefore unsuitable for a belief system for European man. For him to have done so would only have confused and demoralized those like-thinking cadremen he had already developed, those of us who had been attracted to him for his honesty on difficult issues like Christianity.

I thought it was funny when Dietrich said something like what Nugent had said, that “We can’t appeal to a tiny element because it will be 100 years before [building around that core] we’ll be able to pull that off.” Pardon my butchering of quotes, but there’s no way to pause and replay parts of these broadcasts to accurately quote something. Dr. Pierce was a long term thinker and when he said over and over that we build our vanguard with those who agree with our Nature-based, Cosmotheist hard line, that’s exactly what he meant. Dietrich said he admired the ADV broadcasts and saw them as being in the top rank of WN broadcasts, even adding, “Look at how many Christians admired WLP.” I wonder if all those Christian fans of ADV really understood that Dr. Pierce despised their superstitious Yahwehist worldview and was determined to rid our people of it, even if it does take 100 years of careful, determined Alliance-building. He was hoping to convert White Christians, not coexist with their wrong-headed, otherworldly thinking, then go with some half-baked “good Christianity” where we claim with straight faces not to be European, but rather the progeny of Israelites from the Levant of 2,000 years ago.

The big tenters have any number of media with which to put out their message, but there are *NONE* to my knowledge that would hold the hard line of Dr. Pierce’s sober, noncontradictory vanguard approach as exemplified in hundreds of ADV broadcasts. I prefer “small, expandable stone fortress” to “little tent.”

“Christian nationalists had better learn to deal with legitimate criticism about their beliefs.” Ditto, Dietrich. The “positive only”/”high ground” approach of Jaimie Kelso and others who say we can’t criticize Christianity flies in the face of what Dr. Pierce espoused. Fact! There’s a reason that Dr. Pierce’s ADV broadcasts are archived and and being view millions of times in YouTube videos that have been put together independently and spontaneously by hundreds of technically proficient White people, ten years after his death — and nobody is inspired by VoR broadcasts: the ideology comes first and must not be compromised for the sake of expediency or for fear of offending the wrong-headed. They come our way; we do not go theirs.

http://thewhitenetwork.com/2012/09/0...ats-up-at-vor/

Old September 11th, 2012 #157
Cora McGuire

I listened to the White Network (Heretic's Hour) broadcast with Dietrich and Mishko, and I wondered about their claims regarding the number of downloads for Goyfire and their own shows. Is that really true Alex? A quarter of a MILLION downloads per show?
If this is indeed true, I beseech you to get back on the air! Incredible numbers!

Old September 11th, 2012 #158
James Hawthorne

One sanity check is Carolyn’s interview with Alex Linder (tWn_Saturday_Afternoon_with_Carolyn_Yeager_20120721.mp3). This has been tWn’s most popular program so far, both in live audience (50ish as I recall) and downloads (almost 1000, not including cy.net). Our web traffic in general also spiked for a week or so. Part of that program’s popularity is explained by the cross-over from promotion on VNN. Also, Linder hasn’t done much radio lately, and there is obviously a popular demand to hear what he has to say. Even so, based on D and M’s numbers, we should have seen the broadcast get above 100 listeners and it should have had closer to six million (har har) downloads by now.

http://thewhitenetwork.com/2012/09/1...ch-and-mishko/

VNN Media

Old September 11th, 2012 #159
Hadding

What Nietzsche observed 130 or so years ago is that many Christians are not sincere in their beliefs. They are acting. That's why he said, God is dead. There's no sense in compromising a message with the supposed intention to avoid offending people that for the most part won't really be offended, because they are more or less consciously engaged in a charade.

Old September 12th, 2012 #160
Alex Linder
Administrator

Per Hadding's comment, even to say it's a charade is to give them too much credit, in my view. It's a charade with some of the bourgeois - "It doesn't matter what you think, just how you act in public." But with most, it really just something that's part of their life reality, and they carry it on without much thought.

To the extent people, average people, actually think, they are philistines: what's in it for me? That's all they care about, that's where they direct their low-wattage - to try to light up the way to the refrigerator or the bank. I seriously doubt more than 10% of the population has what could reasonably be called considered beliefs. Most just take their cues from those around them, no matter how vociferous they are or how heartfelt their views seem to be.

This is why the view we're going to awaken the masses is a misconception. The masses repond to authority. Authority doesn't so much tell them what to believe as what to fear. Even if it doesn't say that directly, the people get the point and head the other way - just like cattle.

If you're not official authority, then you'd better be unofficial authority. We have playing out in front of us right now in Greece an example. Golden Dawn is manifestly protecting people, feeding them, standing up to invaders, talking tough to legal authority - and backing it up. These things all make impressions in the weak minds of the cattle. Fancy essays do not. People will only follow those who prove they will put THEIR ass and THEIR life on the line. Golden Dawn has proved that. That is why it surges in the polls.

Thread