Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Clownage > Nutzpah Lounge
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old September 12th, 2012 #161
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora McGuire View Post
I listened to the White Network (Heretic's Hour) broadcast with Dietrich and Mishko, and I wondered about their claims regarding the number of downloads for Goyfire and their own shows. Is that really true Alex? A quarter of a MILLION downloads per show?
If this is indeed true, I beseech you to get back on the air! Incredible numbers!
I would say a good show done regularly would get thousands of downloads per show. Maybe an odd show would get 10,000+. I really doubt any show we've done has gotten 250k downloads. I've given up trying to explain to certain types why making claims like that is the wrong way to go.

VNN started from nothing, just me writing daily. It succeeded without advertising in building a large audience for one reason alone. So it is with everything. If the quality and reliability are there, the audience will find it very quickly. That's what the saying "there's always room at the top" means: genuine quality is hard to find. Most stuff sucks.

I will be getting back on the air soon. I tested a simple taping system by which even a technophobe like myself can produce a simple podcast. I can even tape a talk between me and someone else, but I couldn't get the call in sound levels right, at first test. However, my first few podcasts will just be me doing what I do: singing, joking, doing voices, lecturing, hectoring, cursing, didactically browbeating dopes, criticizing, mulling, poking, obscenitizing...and so forth. At lot of time has gone by since the last Radio Istina. I know people want more because they email me requests, even after 4+ years of no show. So that proves there's value there, and as I have said all along, I would do it again when I was able and the time was right. Well, that's now. We have Golden Dawn and pedophilia and lots of other good material to get into.

Old September 12th, 2012 #162
Alex Linder
Administrator

As for live broadcasts, as I recall, we usually had a few dozen. We might have got to three figures a couple times, like when we were building up to one of the rallies. This is why I don't think broadcasting matters that much, the numbers are in the downloads. I seem to recall Dietrich and I going over figures for either Goyfire or Radio Istina, and they were about 4k a show? Maybe I'm misremembering, and I don't remain what time frame that would be, maybe 6 weeks after a show. Stan can correct me if I'm wrong about the live listener levels, but I think it could range anywhere from 25 to 75 generally, and if it was night or before a big event, we got to three figures a couple times. Generally these broadcast deals only let you have 200 before they start charging extra, and we never got to that level.

Contrast with the top mainstream podcasters. When I followed such a couple years ago, Adam Carolla was getting about 500k per show. He was fired by CBS as a DJ and started his own network, doing broadcasts and podcasts. This would be a general interest/comedy type show, and he's a known name and genuinely funny and knowledgeable. And of course, he's PC where it counts, but will make incursions around the border of racial stuff. So that gives you a sort of high-end frame.

I would say any White or revisionist show that can get thousands of downloads per show while not pulling punches on race/jews/real history is doing a good job. I don't think that's the upper limit, either. A large part of success is doing things regularly over a long period of time. If the quality and regularity are there, there is no reason White podcasts and broadcasts can't climb to much higher numbers than what we see currently. Varg tells me that we can record downloads, so when I restart Radio Istina, I will see if we can put a clicker, or at least count full downloads, just to see where the levels actually are, without any bs, hype, promotion or outright lying. Non-windy counts, as it were.

Last edited by Alex Linder; September 12th, 2012 at 01:02 PM.

Old September 12th, 2012 #163
James Hawthorne

Quote:
Alex Linder To the extent people, average people, actually think, they are philistines: what's in it for me? That's all they care about, that's where they direct their low-wattage - to try to light up the way to the refrigerator or the bank. I seriously doubt more than 10% of the population has what could reasonably be called considered beliefs. Most just take their cues from those around them, no matter how vociferous they are or how heartfelt their views seem to be.
Isn't that the truth.

VNN Media

Old September 13th, 2012 #164
James Hawthorne

The Counter-Currents Radio Network
Greg Johnson
1,723 words

The Counter-Currents team is now deep in the process of starting up a new project, the Counter-Currents Radio Network. The idea was first conceived in early August, when it began to look like the Voice of Reason Network was off the air.

Over the past several years, the Voice of Reason had grown to become one of White Nationalism’s biggest and best outreach tools. It gave intellectuals and activists like Tom Sunić, Paul Fromm, Matt Parrott, and others a way to get past Jewish media filters and have their voices heard.

Because VoR was in the outreach business, however, not all of its hosts or guests identified themselves as White Nationalists or focused their shows on White Nationalist issues. These shows included Mark Weber’s “The Mark Weber Report,” M. Raphael Johnson’s “The Orthodox Nationalist,” Keith Preston’s “Attack the System,” and Robert Stark’s “The Stark Truth.”

All of these hosts were, however, comfortable in a broader “Alternative Right” milieu. Their work did not undermine the network’s core ideological commitments, and they promoted its agenda of reaching out to new and different audiences beyond the movement echo chamber.

Unfortunately, VoR is no more. The website stopped being updated after July 16th, nobody has heard from VoR producer Mike Conner since the beginning of August, and the site went offline in late August. We did everything possible to contact Mike Conner and rescue VoR, including appealing to activists who live near him to personally check on his welfare and offer him help getting back online, getting the shows caught up, and streamlining operations to make it easier in the future. Unfortunately, we were unsuccessful.

But what VoR was doing was too important to let it stop. There was simply too much talent there, and the audience was too large. So we we began work on a new network.

When the VoR website went offline, we spearheaded the project of reconstructing its archives, so that the work of its various hosts was not lost.

After a time, Dietrich Mullis, one of the founders of VoR logged on, paid the server bills, and brought the site back online. By the time VoR reappeared, however, work on the Counter-Currents Radio Network was well underway. Furthermore, Dietrich has announced that he will change the name of VoR to Whitelandia and do twice monthly podcasts. He had no plans to resume the production of old VoR shows, but he will maintain the archives. We wish him the best, and we are proceeding ahead with our own plans.

This is what we are doing:

1. Matt Parrott, Michael Polignano, and I will are creating a new podcasting network, the Counter-Currents Radio Network.

2. Matt Parrott will be the Program Director of the new network. He is the primary party responsible for creating and maintaining the site and managing programming, advertising, and fundraising. We think Matt is the ideal person for this, because he has the requisite technical skills, vision, podcasting experience, commitment, and time. He has recently relocated and resettled in Michigan, and he is looking for work. We want to give him a job with the movement before the “system” snaps him up.

3. As Editor-in-Chief, I have determined the basic parameters of the content. I have final say on what shows get added. I also have “gong” privileges to get rid of shows that are doing badly. Aside from that, I am leaving Matt in charge of programming.

4. As Managing Editor and Websmaster, Michael Polignano is also putting in a great deal of work to get the new network started, and ultimately he controls the keys.

5. CC Radio will be like VOR in a number of ways:

First, since CC Radio is an “outreach” project, the contents will be a bit broader in ideology and tone than what appears on the front page of CC/North American New Right.

Second, our hosts may not think of themselves as White Nationalists or New Rightists, but as long as they do their part to promote an exciting intellectual atmosphere in which White Nationalism and the New Right are part of the conversation, that is good enough for us.

Third, CC Radio will seek to engage the mainstream, but we will not “mainstream” ourselves through self-censorship, self-cooption, watering down, and other forms of wetness. We are trying to move the mainstream in our direction.

Fourth, CC Radio will encourage the discussion of politically incorrect topics, but since we seek to raise the status of such discourse, we will not host shows that are vulgar and stupid, or use racial and ethnic slurs and smears.

Fifth, show hosts need not promote the CC line on race and the Jewish question, but we will not give platforms to hosts who in any way promote anti-white racism or Jewish supremacism. That’s what the whole mainstream media is for. Nor will we give shows to non-white or Jewish hosts. In the end, if we are to save our race, we will do it “ourselves alone.”

Sixth, hosts are welcome to have guests who disagree with our agenda, even non-white and Jewish guests, within reason.

6. Counter-Currents Radio will differ from VoR in several ways:

First, hosts will have greater autonomy and responsibility for recording, editing, annotating, and uploading their shows. We think that Mike Conner may have burned out because he simply took on too much work. Thus, if someone wishes to host a show at CC Radio, we will teach them how to do as much as possible himself. We will even assist hosts in archiving their shows on their own sites, so nothing is lost if the network goes down.

Second, all pre-recorded shows will go online as podcasts immediately. They will not be “broadcast” at a particular time and then appear as podcasts sometime in the future. We may have “live” shows as well, but with prerecorded shows, we will not impose an artificial “scarcity” upon them that is a relic of old school broadcasting. Once a podcast goes online, we will “push it out” to subscribers through mobile apps, iTunes, and RSS feeds, so people will hear about new shows from their favorite hosts immediately and be able to listen to it at their leisure.

Third, if we do not hold hosts to a weekly “broadcast time” there is no need to hold them to a weekly production schedule either. Of course, it would be IDEAL if every host did something once a week like clockwork, but if some hosts do three shows a week and others only one a month, that is fine. Since most listeners will subscribe to shows on iTunes or through RSS feeds or mobile apps, rather than “tune in” at a particular time, they will not be disappointed by a “no show” nor will they feel that they are getting too much of another host. We want to create a production and delivery framework and then get out of the way, enabling our hosts to make their voices heard.

Fourth, we want Matt to make a living as much as possible doing CC Radio, and we want the institution to be financially self-sustaining, even bringing money into our movement rather than simply draining money out of it. So the time Matt saves by enabling hosts to do more of “it” themselves will be devoted to “monetizing” the network: seeking out advertising, broadening the audience, and cultivating donors. We see no reason why the same people who pay to advertise on the Republic or Oracle Networks cannot be persuaded to advertise with CC Radio, provided we offer high-quality content that attracts enough listeners.

As more people are turning away from traditional television and other mainstream media for news and entertainment, advertisers are increasingly investing money in podcast advertising. Of course, sharing our message with a large and growing audience is something we need to invest our time and money in anyway, but I’ve seen some of the numbers, and I genuinely believe the support we receive right now is an investment in a project which will become at least partially (and perhaps entirely) self-supporting once it gets off the ground.

Fifth, CC Radio will be part of an integrated network to promote WN and New Right books and ideas. We want to make it possible for every new book published by CC, Arktos, Wermod and Wermod, Washington Summit Publishers, etc. to be promoted with reviews, author interviews, and discussions.

7. CC Radio will start with the following shows:

Tom Sunić, “The Sunić Journal”
Robert Stark, “The Stark Truth”
Paul Fromm, “The Fighting Side of Me”
Keith Preston, “Attack the System”
Richard Spencer, “Vanguard”
Mike Polignano and Greg Johnson, “New Right Radio”
Matt Parrott, Name TBA
“Books Against Time”: a book and author show co-hosted by Greg Johnson and John Morgan of Arktos Media
8. We would very much like to host Mark Weber’s and M. Raphael Johnson’s shows as well, and we will continue to pay them court. A number of other exciting shows are also in development. We would like to develop “magazine” shows (with a mix of interviews and commentary) around the following sorts of themes:

political commentary
popular culture
student activism
the “manosphere”
women in WN
neo-paganism
various music related shows
Please contact me at [email protected] if you wish to host such a program or recommend someone who might.

To get CC Radio off the ground, we have decided to extend our Summer Fundraiser to October 31st. Since we did the same thing last year, we might as well make it a tradition. We are also raising our fundraising goal from $25,000 to $30,000. Think of it as our Counter-Currents Capital Campaign.

Do I think it is too ambitious a goal? Not at all. There’s plenty of money in the White Nationalist sphere. Quite a lot of it was spent on helping Ron Paul and the Tea Party promote their race-neutral classical liberal messages. Now it is time to spend it on White Nationalists who are promoting our own message.

Archimedes once said, “Give me a lever and a place to stand, and I can move the world.” We need to give our hosts a new place to stand. Please help out today.

For more details on how to give, and some special incentives, click here for our latest fundraiser update.

Thank you, loyal readers and future loyal listeners.

Greg Johnson
Editor

If you enjoyed this piece, and wish to encourage more like it, give a tip through Paypal. You can earmark your tip directly to the author or translator, or you can put it in a general fund. (Be sure to specify which in the "Add special instructions to seller" box at Paypal.)

http://www.counter-currents.com/2012...radio-network/

VNN Media

Old September 13th, 2012 #165
Dave from New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hawthorne View Post

Fourth, CC Radio will encourage the discussion of politically incorrect topics, but since we seek to raise the status of such discourse, we will not host shows that are vulgar and stupid, or use racial and ethnic slurs and smears.

Damn, There goes my one chance at achieving a lofty position in the podcastian pantheon of White Nationalism.

Dave from New York
: "Hi folks, I just flew in from Eurasia and boy, are my Armenians tired!" (mild canned chuckling)

Dave from New York: "But seriously folks it's great to be here at CC radio. In fact, it reminds me of a story; this nigger walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulders. Bartender says, hey, that's pretty neat, where'd ya get that thing? The parrot replies, Africa! They're all over the friggin' place!" (Some canned guffaws, a hearty belly laugh)

Dave from New York: "Take my Mexicans...Please!" (uproarious horse laughs, cackling, howling...shoot the works)

Old June 1st, 2013 #166
Cora McGuire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post

VNN started from nothing, just me writing daily. It succeeded without advertising in building a large audience for one reason alone. So it is with everything. If the quality and reliability are there, the audience will find it very quickly. That's what the saying "there's always room at the top" means: genuine quality is hard to find. Most stuff sucks.

I will be getting back on the air soon. I tested a simple taping system by which even a technophobe like myself can produce a simple podcast. I can even tape a talk between me and someone else, but I couldn't get the call in sound levels right, at first test. However, my first few podcasts will just be me doing what I do: singing, joking, doing voices, lecturing, hectoring, cursing, didactically browbeating dopes, criticizing, mulling, poking, obscenitizing...and so forth. At lot of time has gone by since the last Radio Istina. I know people want more because they email me requests, even after 4+ years of no show. So that proves there's value there, and as I have said all along, I would do it again when I was able and the time was right. Well, that's now. We have Golden Dawn and pedophilia and lots of other good material to get into.

I had to revisit this thread today for other reasons, but when I came across this post of yours, I wanted to give it a bump because there is nothing I would like more (and many, many others I am sure) than for you to be back on air on a regular basis

Old June 1st, 2013 #167
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora McGuire View Post
I had to revisit this thread today for other reasons, but when I came across this post of yours, I wanted to give it a bump because there is nothing I would like more (and many, many others I am sure) than for you to be back on air on a regular basis
I'd say that Alex is a natural for the radio format especially if he had to deal with radios version of the heckler.

As to technology: Alex have you tried using a simple recording device on your computer plus a VOIP headset (i.e. the ones you use for making Skype calls) and then getting someone to make you an; or using a pre-exisiting, intro and outro?

Old August 10th, 2013 #168
Paul Smith
Death Camp of Tolerance

CC Radio? What is that? I don't see anything that resembles VoR.

Talking about VoR, website was online only few weeks ago, but now there is some kind of stupid error. Looks like someone who is resposible for server screwed updating it and then left it broken.. Direct links to mp3s still work.

Not all shows on there were great, but to each his own right? VoR was best WN audio archive for wide range of topics and people interviewed, also website looked good and quite professional, although I liked their original design more. Hopefully it will get fixed again.

In any case, some of the shows are archived here http://archive.org/details/VoiceOfRe...vesreasonRadio

Thread