VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 28th, 2005 #1
Georgie

Default Europe's First Pyramid Discovered In Bosnia

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin...cgi?read=80951

Quote:
Bosnia's daily Dnevni Avaz reported about "a sensational discovery" of "the first European pyramid" in the central town of Visoko, about 20 miles north of Sarajevo.

Excavations at a hill site above the town have been going on for several months and initial analyses "have confirmed the original claim that this is Europe's first pyramid and a monumental building, similar in dimensions to the Egyptian pyramids."

The artefact is said to be around 10,000 years old.

"The pyramid is 100 metres high and there is evidence that it contains rooms and a monumental causeway ... The plateau is built of stone blocks, which indicates the presence at the time of a highly developed civilisation," Dnevni Avaz writes further.

Old October 28th, 2005 #2
Dasyurus Maculatus
Banned

Pictures >

http://dino.avdibeg.dk/blog/2005/10/...of-bosnia.html

Old October 28th, 2005 #3
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

This is a great discovery. The radio show I heard it from this morning used the figures "between 10 and 20 thousand years old. All the sites that show pictures I have found are in what I assume is the Bosnian language. I have not been able to access the web site provided by D. M. above.

I hope this puts an end to the notion that civilization began 5 to 6 thousand years ago. Apparently, sophisticated civilization existed on a large scale more than 10 thousand years ago in Eastern Europe.

Enkidu

Old October 28th, 2005 #4
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

I finally got the web site to partially load --- only text, pictures would not load. Just in case you are having problems:

"Near the city of Visoko, 30 km north of Sarajevo, there is a stone pyramid of monumental size, claims the Bosnian archeologist Semir Osmanagi?, who lives and works in the USA.

After several months of geological and archeological research, Mr. Osmanagi? concluded that under the present hill of Viso?ica hides a stairs-like pyramid, about 12,000 years old. Osmanagi?, who intensively researched on pyramids in Americas, Asia and Africa for the last 15 years and wrote several books on the subject, says he's quite sure he found the first pyramid in Europe, which is quite similar to ones in the Southern America.

He believes that the project would completely change Bosnia's significance in the world of archeology.

On the top of "Bosnian pyramid of Sun" was a temple, built by pre-Illyrians, people who lived, according to Osmanagi?, 27,000 years ago.

Mr. Osmanagi? thinks he will solve the "Bosnian pyramid of Sun" in the next five years, but also prove the existence of "Bosnian pyramid of Moon", lying under the neighboring hill of Križž.

According to BBC, the leading Bosnian newspaper "Dnevni Avaz" writes:

"The pyramid is 100 metres high and there is evidence that it contains rooms and a monumental causeway ... The plateau is built of stone blocks, which indicates the presence at the time of a highly developed civilisation," the daily explains.
"Archaeological excavations near the surface have uncovered a part of a wall and fragments of steps," it reveals.
"Visocica hill could not have been shaped like this by nature," geologist Nada Nukic tells the daily. "This is already far too more than we have anticipated, but we expect a lot more from further analysis," she concludes."

-----------------

I like this: "On the top of "Bosnian pyramid of Sun" was a temple, built by pre-Illyrians, people who lived, according to Osmanagi?, 27,000 years ago."

This will put an end to the "before 4000 BC humans were all crude hunter gatherers, eating bugs and carrion and communicating through grunts."

Enkidu

Old October 28th, 2005 #5
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Why did someone notice the pyramid-shaped hill now and not between now and 6,000 years ago?
I'll bet this pyramid is a forgery built by the Serbs to stuff it with thousands of Bosnian Muslim corpses

Old October 28th, 2005 #6
Georgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkidu

This will put an end to the "before 4000 BC humans were all crude hunter gatherers, eating bugs and carrion and communicating through grunts."

Enkidu
Indeed. As time moves on we begin to see the past as quite different than what we think/thought it was.

Despite all of the history books, it seems as though we really don't know much do we?

Old October 29th, 2005 #7
FranzJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind Lampshade Maker
Why did someone notice the pyramid-shaped hill now and not between now and 6,000 years ago?
Because people who noticed it earlier kept their mouths shut.

The largest pyramid in the known world is alleged to be in China. "Alleged" because only a few (modern) white men have seen it and the government of China has declared it secret and off limits.

There's something the PTB don't want you to know, KLM. If it helps, the last time large-scale reinterpretation of the past took place between 1933 and 1945 by a regime that is no longer officially in business.

But it's a great find, it really is, and if the dates are right I'll be winning an old bet.

Old October 29th, 2005 #8
Whirlwind

Amazing! History being rewritten, as we watch. The chinese could not accept a pyramid, because it would put the lie to their claim of having created civilization independently of the West. And how about the hebe claim that the Earth is only 5765 years old? HA!
Thanks for making my day with this article Georgie.

Old November 7th, 2005 #9
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

HP Lovecraft would have had a great story based on this one.

That pyramid would be from Pre-Aryan invasion times correct?

Old December 5th, 2005 #10
Jenab
Senior Goatly One

Quote:
This is a great discovery. The radio show I heard it from this morning used the figures "between 10 and 20 thousand years old. All the sites that show pictures I have found are in what I assume is the Bosnian language. I have not been able to access the web site provided by D. M. above.

I hope this puts an end to the notion that civilization began 5 to 6 thousand years ago. Apparently, sophisticated civilization existed on a large scale more than 10 thousand years ago in Eastern Europe.

Enkidu
Civilization might have appeared in Europe before it did in the Middle East. I'd already known about pottery in Dolni Vestonice, Moravia, from 28,000 years ago. Now there's this pyramid in Bosnia, from somewhat later, but still older than any other known pyramid. One does begin to wonder how much of the "official" history is a pack of lies.

Old December 5th, 2005 #11
Chain

10,000 to 20,000 years old! The Jews will be issuing international arrest warrants for these archaeologist revisionists.

I'll try and go film them-- the pyramids and the Jooz.

Old December 5th, 2005 #12
FranzJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenab
Civilization might have appeared in Europe before it did in the Middle East... One does begin to wonder how much of the "official" history is a pack of lies.
Civilization was all over. There's a weird connection between pyramids, Kennewick Man and early N. America. Barry Fell (RIP) was very curious about ancient earthworks here that pre-date the native cultures, but accurately reflect sensibilities seen in the Mediterranian area. I mean all over. Megaliths in Germany, England and Spain to the Giza Plain, that kind of all over. Some very high culture used these but nobody has figured out for exactly what yet.

Assuming the N. American earthworks date to when Fell thought they did, over ten thousand years ago, "official history" is screwed all over the map. We know that's the same time frame, roughly, that can accomodate stone circles as far apart as the British Isles, the Danube basin, and Egypt.

An old and big fight over how old the Great Pyramid and Sphinx really are is not helping matters. But if you skip Giza and go to Nebta Playa which is also in Egypt and similar enough to Stonehenge to be a cousin, it gets interesting. Nebta Playa has what physicist Thomas Brophy, Ph.D calls a calendrical "stone-to-star line up" that is accurate to about 16,000 BC.

All these things may be the product of one culture. Not accidently, Europeans were not only in Europe during these ancient ages. It's going to get interesting.

Old December 6th, 2005 #13
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

From what I was reading yesterday, academics think the Aryan languages spread through Europe around 5K BC. So this would predate the Aryans. When was Stonehenge erected?

Old December 6th, 2005 #14
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
From what I was reading yesterday, academics think the Aryan languages spread through Europe around 5K BC. So this would predate the Aryans. When was Stonehenge erected?
My belief on this: What academics think on this is a joke. The Aryan people and their languages or the predecessor of their languages are possibly 60,000 or more years old. What the academics see and analyze are the tiny fragments of sophisticated civilizations that stretch back many tens of thousands of years.

The respectable knowledge is that all higher civilization started up about 3500 BC. This is obvious bunk. I've heard it referred to as "The Great Wall of History." It may be impossible to find out the truth, but I wouldn't doubt that there were great civilizations with sophisticated languages, art, literature, music, philosophy, and technology 100,000 years ago.

And what anthropologists conclude based on skull and shin bone fragments is just as weak as what archaeologists conclude from pottery shards found in convenient dry desert sands.

Plato, I believe in The Republic, said that a great flood about what we would call 10,000 BC had wiped out civilizations. Other cultures have memories of the same thing.

Enkidu

Old December 6th, 2005 #15
TheGreenMan
Banned

Quote:
... When was Stonehenge erected?
Stonehenge is believed on the basis of scientific data to have been constructed in three separate phases:

Stonehenge Phase 1.
The earliest portion of Stonehenge dates to approximately 2950 to 2900 BC.

Stonehenge Phase 2.
Approximately 2900 to 2400 BC.
It is not entirely clear for how long the first period of Stonehenge was in use before being given a stone-age civil engineering makeover. Archaeologists believe that the Beaker people were responsible for the second wave of building at Stonehenge when the "Blue stones" (from the Preseli Mountains in Wales) were brought in .

Stonehenge Phase 3.
Approximately 2550 to 1650 BC.
The third period was the longest and contained the most changes of all the periods.

(Reference: Professor Richard Atkinson - leading investigator of Stonehenge in the 1950s and 1960s).
http://www.anima.demon.co.uk/stones/...n/history.html

Old December 6th, 2005 #16
Lilian

Bosnian Pyramid

Bosnian Pyramid 1950

Bosnian Sunpyramid

BOsnian Moonpyramid

bosnian pyramid tunel

[/QUOTE]

Old December 6th, 2005 #17
FranzJoseph

Don't forget the posts, Stonehenge had wood posts before there were any stones. The wood posts have been dated to 7th millenium, around 10,000 years ago. Exactly the same at Nebta Playa: They built a "rough draft" then went on to a more complex monument.

If the same culture built this (later becoming Stonehenge), the Danubian circles, N. American "sun stone wheels" and Nebta Playa in Egypt, then assuming a worldwide disaster knocking over a high civilization is not too crazy. Even Plato's general date for the catastrophe is not too bad.

Google "Hesiod" and read him. A Greek poet who came before Homer, Hesiod specifically says there were three high cultures prior to our own. He puts it in poetic terms. We pay homage to Hesiod every time we use the terms "Golden Age", "Silver Age" and "Bronze Age."

Because Hesiod put it in metaphor, we can't deduce much hard data for our own historical understanding. But it's most likely all there otherwise.

Old December 6th, 2005 #18
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:

Plato, I believe in The Republic, said that a great flood about what we would call 10,000 BC had wiped out civilizations. Other cultures have memories of the same thing.

Enkidu
The Greek Noah was named Deukalion, if memory serves. What was the name of the Babylonian one? Cant recall.

Plato also described an island called Atlantis in great detail, and clearly regarded the stories as credible.

Old December 6th, 2005 #19
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranzJoseph
Google "Hesiod" and read him. A Greek poet who came before Homer, Hesiod specifically says there were three high cultures prior to our own. He puts it in poetic terms. We pay homage to Hesiod every time we use the terms "Golden Age", "Silver Age" and "Bronze Age." Because Hesiod put it in metaphor, we can't deduce much hard data for our own historical understanding. But it's most likely all there otherwise.
Of course the Aryans of India believed in devolution according to three cycles, the Iron age being called the "Kali Juga."

Old December 6th, 2005 #20
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
The Greek Noah was named Deukalion, if memory serves. What was the name of the Babylonian one? Cant recall.

Plato also described an island called Atlantis in great detail, and clearly regarded the stories as credible.

"The Chaldean Flood Tablets from the city of Ur in what is now Southern Iraq, describe how the Bablylonian God Ea had decided to eliminate humans and other land animals with a great flood which was to become "the end of all flesh". He selected Ut-Napishtim, to build an ark to save a few humans, and samples of other animals."

from http://www.religioustolerance.org/noah_com.htm

Article: COMPARISON OF THE BABYLONIAN AND NOAHIC FLOOD STORIES

Enkidu

This shouldn't bother Christians much. My parish pastor told me that he considered most of the Old Testament to be legends based on Babylonian and Sumerian Myths. He was, aside from this, a serious, believing Catholic.

Thread