Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Science & Technology
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old July 29th, 2014 #1
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Default Female brains really ARE different to male minds with women possessing better recall and men excelling at maths

Female brains really ARE different to male minds with women possessing better recall and men excelling at maths

Nothing new here. Every man knows that women never forget and men need to be able to compute the cost of obtaining and sustaining women.

Quote:
  • Researchers say that if both sexes had access to same levels of education women would do best on memory – and men at maths
  • More than 31,000 men women aged 50-plus from 13 countries were put through three tests of brainpower
  • In northern Europe, women in their 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s outperformed men in memory test

Old July 29th, 2014 #2
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate

When these tests are conducted worldwide and then assessed to be comparissons between males and females in general, the researchers don't take into consideration the varying forms of education which result in varying conclusions to their research or it's also possible that they take advantage of not disclosing this fact as a method of manipulating public opinion for whatever reasons. Assessing mathematic competence, for example, a practical education pedagogic will deliver different results than a literary-based system of which short-term photographic memory capibility will have an advantage over the practical-based system. Since male and female brains work in different ways, each one has an advantage in both photographic and analytical education forms. Not that any of them are inferior to one another. The advantages of both are results of evolution tempering the qualities of each to suit their roles in their respective environments. That's why men make bad mothers and women make bad hunters & gatherers.

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; July 29th, 2014 at 03:40 AM.

Old July 30th, 2014 #3
Josie_in_SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Nothing new here. Every man knows that women never forget and men need to be able to compute the cost of obtaining and sustaining women.
Don't forget, half of your DNA is from women. If you think you have a great mind, perhaps you should thank them?

Old July 30th, 2014 #4
Chad Wentworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie_in_SF View Post
Don't forget, half of your DNA is from women. If you think you have a great mind, perhaps you should thank them?
And half the DNA of women is from men. Why do you have to bring that up every time? Are you uncomfortable with biology?

Old July 31st, 2014 #5
Josie_in_SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Wentworth View Post
And half the DNA of women is from men. Why do you have to bring that up every time? Are you uncomfortable with biology?
I didn't really "bring it up." I don't know why it's even an issue.

Old August 1st, 2014 #6
Chad Wentworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie_in_SF View Post
I didn't really "bring it up." I don't know why it's even an issue.
Just that I see it in a lot of arguments. Generally stuff like this is brought up into the spotlight to create gender-based ideological division.

I think it's important to take into consideration both parts of an individual's genetic inheritance. Not all good predispositions come necessarily only from one side or the other.

Old August 1st, 2014 #7
Vance Stubbs
Hatespeaker

Makes sense. Men evolved to be analytical and decisive, women evolved to be advisory and instructive, children evolved to have a high capacity for future development.

Also the difference in sexual brain structure is developmental/hormonal, not genetic.
"Surely people differ in their biologically determined qualities. But discovery of a correlation between some of these qualities is of no scientific interest and of no social significance, except to racists, sexists and the like."

Thread