Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 22nd, 2016 #1
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Default Matt Hale's Appeals are not Exhausted (TCM)

I had been under the impression that Matt's appeals had been exhausted, as this was circulated on the internet, and no info was available past the 7th Cir Court of Appeals for a while.
Not true.

Matt would like any and all help with this.
From Matt:

"..You can share my case numbers and everything else with whomever you please. If enough people raise hell about my predicament, I truly believe that we can end it. So, I need you, and I need everybody else. If there is anything that I can do to help you help ME, just let me know.."

So requests via FOIA as a private citizen can be made to IIlinois, pursuant to section 2(c) of the Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140/2(c)) :
Docket No. 03 CR 11 for original trial.
Docket Number: 05-1922 for 2013.
11-3868 for the US Court of Appeals Seventh Circuit, 2006.

Send it to:
Sarah Pratt
Public Access Counselor
Office of the Attorney General
500 S. 2nd Street
Springfield, Illinois 62701

Or email: [email protected].

FBI:
Main point of interest is in finding the real identity of paid CI 'Tony Evola.' I already had this request denied and will explain why below, but there are other avenues, possibly.

(From a case involving similar where it was ruled they had to release the id of the CI):
"..The FBI cannot cite an exclusion provision related to confidential informants under the federal Freedom of Information Act regarding a request for records about civil rights era photographer Ernest Withers after the bureau was found to have officially confirmed Withers was an informant through a records release, a federal district court in Washington, D.C. ruled Tuesday.
U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled the FBI could not apply the section 552(c)(2) exclusion — which allows law enforcement agencies to protect the identities of confidential informants by treating such records as outside the scope of any processing or response requirements under FOIA — to Withers’ documents because his status as an informant had been “officially confirmed.” The exclusion can no longer be used a basis to refuse to acknowledge the existence of a record if the individual's status as an informant "has been officially confirmed.."

Evola is as far as I'm aware was confirmed informant. It was known to the Defendant at the time, another requirement.
So, prob is the Def Counsel should have made this demand during trial. Post trial it's hard to get it released. And certain provisions make it difficult to obtain the file of a living CI without express written permission of the CI. But it's been done.

Reason this is important: Evola was 'learning disabled' and no telling what else would be in those records.
Alford pleas have been obtained for far less with regard to Govt. misconduct. Worth a try.

Old September 12th, 2016 #2
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Default Updates

I think it's sad to see the lack of interest in either Creativity or Matt Hale on this forum.

I've been temporarily banned from SF for pointing to a religious quote in someone's signature line as part of my criticism of them-apparently that violates the forum rules there, so I haven't been able to update on Matt, and a lot has gone on. Some others have updated but only partially.

The two of us who are/were writing to FBI and PACER to get docs were very concerned when Matt was placed in Solitary Confinement that it had something to do with our questions, although neither one of us violated the law in any email or request. Of course we knew they wouldn't be happy that someone was looking at the case, though.

As it turns out, some retarded scum sent threatening letters to a Judge, a Prosecutor, and an Attorney. Threatening and filled with filth. How helpful.

Based on some of the trolling on SF I think this was done by antis and done deliberately.
I hope they find exactly who did it.

I can't believe they are actually punishing Matt for it, though. How sick.

So to make a long story short I question putting info on the threads re Matt's case-a lot of what was there could be found by trolls on their own, but I think it gave them an interest in stopping people who were trying to really do something good, easy access to case numbers and who to send their abusive garbage letters to. I guess antis are pretty lazy and needed to be pointed in the direction of where to wreak havoc.

Also, something that someone made me aware of-Solitary Confinement in Supermax is semi comfortable (as far as prisons go), but in a facility like Matt is in now, they are designed for punishment-to make the prisoner very uncomfortable so they don't do whatever it is they were sent there for again.

Real disgusting, what people will do to someone already suffering, and their elderly mom whom they caused a lot of worry.

BTW, trolls: We're still working on the case, and you will possibly regret having done what you did (I mean that in a very legal sense, not a criminal dirtbag sense-the only language you speak).

Old September 27th, 2016 #3
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Default Matt hale solitary confinement

Matt is in SHU (Solitary) because a black Warden wants to keep him there.

He was accused of sending a press release via regular mail.

Well, he sent it via e mail. They interrogated him for two weeks before ''finding" the e mail. The e mail is monitored before it goes out, so if it were not allowed (the press release), they should've simply not allowed it to be sent.

So instead of letting him out of SHU, they said no. Warden 'didn't like' the press release, even if it was sent according to prison rules, and contained nothing illegal.

Now come to find out they will keep him-even if he is released on the 45 day mark-without email, visitation, etc. So no communication whatsoever for three months.

How'd they do this? Supposedly now a fellow prisoner has told them that Matt told him to send the press release.
This prisoner signed something stating this.
Matt's mom mentioned that Matt had loaned this prisoner a newsletter or something to that effect, and it contained his Mom's contact info.

Matt had gone on a hunger strike beginning Sept 11th to protest his treatment. He lost 17 lbs. by the 14th (he told this to a supporter in a letter, we did not relay it to his very worried mother), but he agreed to eat now.
He also said in his letter that they deliberately gave him really awful food, and it was almost easier not to eat.

His only communication right now is via letters. No books, no music, no communication whatsoever.

His mom suggested a petition to get him out of SHU. I started it two weeks ago and it has 46 sigs. It will be discussed soon on the radio show assoc. with 'White Lives Matter' and on WLM FB. Please sign.

I'm emailing it to the Complex Warden every 25 signatures.

*BTW: Matt's mom has not received word on Matt from the prison on how he's doing, only via a letter from Matt. They literally hung up on her. It's very sick-how hard is it to say, 'He's ok, not sick' or similar?

He also has some of his letters apparently confiscated. He writes back for every letter sent. I recv'd a letter on 9/16 that he sent on 9/13, but I wrote on 8/21.
So until Matt filed an emergency complaint and it was reviewed, they were likely withholding mail.
The other party had written him 13 letters, and he only got 4 of them apparently.

Here is the petition:
https://www.change.org/p/sjulian-bop...ry-confinement

If letters were all you had, they'd seem like gold. So here's where to write to Matt:

Matthew F. Hale
#15177-424
FCI
P.O. Box 33
Terre Haute, IN 47808

Thread