Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 28th, 2012 #1
K. Sigvin

Lightbulb DIY shampoo, conditioner and deodorant.

- Two small bottles (I use sampler bottles I got from a hotel I stayed in)
- Baking Soda
- ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Water

Add 1-2 table spoons of baking soda to one of the bottles; fill the remaining bottle with water.

Fill the second bottle 1/2 ACV and water.

When showering, empty contents of bottle containing baking soda and water, massaging hair root to tip, ensuring all build-up from commercial bullshit is washed out of your hair. Wash remaining baking soda from your hair.

Next, empty contents of ACV and water on to your hair, massaging in the same way.. The only problem with using any kind of vinegar in this fashion is, you smell like a pickle after getting out of the shower. The smell goes away after 15 minutes or so, but you can add a few drops of an essential oil to nullify the smell of vinegar.

This process will take a while if you are still using commercial products on your hair, since this over-priced bottled bullshit strips your hair of natural oils, forcing it to try and restore it back to its original form; in short, your hair will be greasy, but your body will eventually adjust.

The baking soda and ACV is a inexpensive and healthy alternative to all the "shampoo" that claims to clean your hair and scalp.

For me, I always have baking soda and ACV vinegar kicking around, since I use the baking soda for whitening my teeth and also for general household cleaning and the ACV mainly for cooking!

Edit:

Natural Deodorant Recipe

1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup baking soda
Empty deodorant stick
Essential oil, for scent (optional)

Measure all three ingredients into a small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the coconut oil melts and the ingredients are combined; add a few drops of your favourite scent (optional). Pour the liquid into the container of your choice. An old, empty stick deodorant container works well. Allow the mixture to cool and solidify, either at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Apply to underarms daily. During warm weather, keep your deodorant in the refrigerator or it may melt.

Edit:

Disregard the last two posts of idiocy; if you do a bit of research, you will find that this approach happens to be one of the most common of those who are adamant on avoiding the expensive junk on the shelves that does nothing but damage to your scalp and hair, male or female, regarding the baking soda/ACV wash.

Last edited by K. Sigvin; July 29th, 2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the 'er' on conditioner.. It was bugging me, haha; also added more information.

Old July 28th, 2012 #2
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Ummm.....That's what you use to get rid of fleas in your hair. Could come in handy in everyday life.

Old July 28th, 2012 #3
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Sigvin View Post
... Do you wash your hair with water alone or use what the TV tells you to?

No, fucktard....I wash my hair with Paul Mitchell. Damn, you seem familiar.

Old August 5th, 2012 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

Shampooing your hair daily, or even every few days, is not advisable.

Old August 5th, 2012 #5
Steven L. Akins
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Shampooing your hair daily, or even every few days, is not advisable.

Tags
apple cider vinegar, bakng soda, diy, hair, shampoo

Thread