VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 24th, 2009 #1
Kiel

Default As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me - The True Story Of Clemens Forell

http://podblanc.com/as-far-as-my-fee...clemens-forell

Amazon Amazon

"
Reminiscent of Slavomir Rawicz's classic The Long Walk, an amazing narrative of escape and survival.
In 1944, German paratrooper Clemens Forell was captured by the Soviets and sentenced to twenty-five years of labor in a Siberian lead mine. In the Gulags, this was virtually a death sentence. Driven to desperation by the brutality of the prison camp, he staged a daring escape. For the next three years, Forell traveled 8,000 miles in barren, frozen wilderness, haunted by blizzards, wolves, criminals, the KGB, and the fear of recapture and retribution. Only a remarkable will to survive, and a bit of luck, allowed him to reach the safety of the Persian border. The resulting story is a rare document of the horrors faced by POWs in the Soviet Union, and a testament to the human spirit."

Has anyone here seen this? It looks and sounds like an incredible story, one your "greatest generation" idiots are probably completely ignorant of. Germans preforming heroic acts before and after the war? What are you some neo-nazi?

Old June 24th, 2009 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

This must be the guy alluded to by the narrator on Man vs. Wild. He mentioned this in his Siberia show, that some German had walked all the way out. Now that is the echt German spirit!

Old June 24th, 2009 #3
Kiel

Just to think, not only to survive the Soviet Gulag, where tens of millions died but to escape from it, and make it from Siberia to Iran?! Makes proud to be of German blood, and only reinforces my WN determination!

Thread