Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Clownage > Nutzpah Lounge > Opposition > Opposing Views
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old December 17th, 2006 #201
ngrh8r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperance
No culture did not fall from the sky. It existed before race existed. It existed before people existed.
Every post you make is a bit less intelligent than the last. By next week, I imagine you'll be down to random keystrokes.

Culture existed before people existed? Care to explain this retarded comment?

Old December 17th, 2006 #202
esperance

Hmm. perhaps not clear - but not moronic.

What we understand to be culture existed before people existed.

Old December 17th, 2006 #203
esperance

People are not the only things with culture.

Jane Goodall studies culture.

Old December 17th, 2006 #204
ngrh8r
Banned

Quote:

Culture? So it's "culture" when one chimpanzee sticks his finger up another's rectum, sniffs it, and then puts it in his mouth?
The term "culture" implies abstract thought and learned behavior, not raw instinct. Every instance of tool use by the great apes has been proven to be the result of human interference.

Even a rat can learn to imitate certain human actions. That hardly qualifies as culture.

Old December 17th, 2006 #205
esperance

The term "culture" implies abstract thought and learned behavior, not raw instinct.

Culture also implies how and why animals and people mate, obtain their food, fight, sleep ....all kinds of things. That is part of culture too. Not ONLY abstract thought.

If studying mating and dating rituals tell us anything...a lot of human culture is based on raw instinct.

Old December 17th, 2006 #206
ngrh8r
Banned

By your logic, then even single celled organisms like amoeba and viruses have a culture. Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Old December 17th, 2006 #207
esperance

Hmm.

Are you sure?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacterial_culture

Old December 17th, 2006 #208
Kamerad Q

Quote:

Then why not bring chimpanzees into the fold? After all, culture is just a construct of little, or no biological consequence, and as we all have been trained to know; fur is only skin-deep. You must have a heightened sense of irony with your social constructs, because you are as bound to the “social construct” you ape from duplicitous Jews, as a fish is to water. BTW, what makes one social construct preferential to all the others? Let us bow our heads in reverence, and ask God’s chosen arbiters-of-morality for more guidance on this matter.

Old December 17th, 2006 #209
yamato...

that is in entirely different context. bacterial culture is merely a colony of bacteria cells. it's like you saying human tissue is related to the tissue you use to blow your nose.

Old December 17th, 2006 #210
Anima Eternae
The Clairvoyant

Quote:
a lot of human culture is based on raw instinct.
That certainly would explain cultural differences between races...

Old December 17th, 2006 #211
Kamerad Q

Quote:
Funny, you have reduced the world to a petri dish, but you still can’t see the forest for the trees.

Old December 17th, 2006 #212
ngrh8r
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima Eternae
That certainly would explain cultural differences between races...

Meaning that certain races lack the intelligence to overcome instinctual behavior?

Old December 18th, 2006 #213
Sándor Petőfi
Banned

So, you believe in class? You believe in culture? Well, I'm sorry, but I am here with my leftist logic, and I'm going to shatter those illusions!

Divisions of classes and their recognition differ from culture to culture.
Divisions of classes are fuzzy.
Divisions of classes have been used to oppress segments of a population.
Class must be a cultural construct, and therefore does not exist.

Divisions of cultures and their recognition differ from culture to culture.
Divisions of cultures are fuzzy.
Divisions of cultures have been used for cultures to oppress other cultures.
Culture must be a cultural construct, and therefore does not exist. OOPS!

Old December 18th, 2006 #214
Sándor Petőfi
Banned

Quote:
Are you trying to be funny? Or do you seriously believe that a petri dish of unicellular organisms has something to do with Rafael and Mozart?

Old December 18th, 2006 #215
Sándor Petőfi
Banned

Quote:
The term "culture" implies abstract thought and learned behavior, not raw instinct.

Culture also implies how and why animals and people mate, obtain their food, fight, sleep ....all kinds of things. That is part of culture too. Not ONLY abstract thought.

If studying mating and dating rituals tell us anything...a lot of human culture is based on raw instinct.
Your position on the gradual evolution of culture, and much of a culture being instinctive, does not support your position on race. Just take a look at the latter; if differences exist from culture to culture in mating in obtaining food, fighting, sleeping etc., and these are instinctive(i.e. basic biological survival mechanisms) as you suggest, then the differences are biological. As for the former, if we acknowledge some form of culture in animals, then we must ask why, for instance, the "culture" of chimpanzees is so primitive, and closer to the "culture" of a congoid tribe, compared with the Western, Classical or Mesopotamian "cultures". Again, the cause is obviously a biological one. No one ould dare claim that perceived differences between a Europid and a chimpanzee are a "cultural construct". And, no, changing natural behaviours and social mimicry do not undermine anything.

Old December 18th, 2006 #216
Anima Eternae
The Clairvoyant

Fade is that you? You seem a little bit too bright to oversimplify culture to a "racial construct".

Old December 18th, 2006 #217
Mr.Pepe...

Aslong as it is black male/white, asian, hispanic female I have no problem with race mixing.

Old December 18th, 2006 #218
esperance

"Culture must be a cultural construct, and therefore does not exist. OOPS!"

Now you are on to something.

Anthropologists have been discussing the idea of cultural relativism. I personally think that this means that each individual person has its own culture - a way of cultivating itself and comes from varied systems of cultivation.

http://www.panam.edu/faculty/mglazer...relativism.htm

For instance...

"Just take a look at the latter; if differences exist from culture to culture in mating in obtaining food, fighting, sleeping etc., and these are instinctive(i.e. basic biological survival mechanisms) as you suggest, then the differences are biological."

Not just biological - biological combined with environmental and sexual and political, etc. influences.

The reaction that people have to each other based on colour, and actions that we pursue based on colour are learned. They are not biological - they are chosen. For instance - children learn about who they identify as being outside of their race group between the ages of two and six. It is a construct designed to facilitate what some perceive to be success/order/etc.

In my opinion, I can not say that the culture of a chimpanzee is primitive. Perhaps the culture of a chimpanzee is sufficient and suited to the goals and 'ideals' of a chimpanzee.

In my opinion the concept of race is an economic and political device that is used to create an artificial social order. I do not think it serves a purpose other than to maintain that artificial order. I also think that people who live outside the social expectations of race have a greater potential to self-actualize. But that's another story...

Old January 22nd, 2007 #219
rejuven8

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrosa
It's very obvious she's a mongrel.
Rhianna has a dark-skinned Black mother, and a light skinned father who appears to be mixed race. She is a light skinned Bahamian. This a picture of her without all the lighting:

Old January 22nd, 2007 #220
rejuven8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIP
She's Jamaican, a majority of them have some degree of White admixture due to the hundreds of years of British domination as do most Carribeans in general. Are you gonna say that Sean Paul guy from there is 100% African too?

BTW, Beyonce can claim to be 100% African all she wants but I'd be willing to bet a DNA test would show some White blood, and it would be in the "not so distant" past to boot.
Beyonce has admitted to having had a great-grandfather who was French. She is only 1/8th white, and that is not counted; I'm pretty sure we all know why...

Thread