Steve Lillywhite
Banned

Location: The U.S. Office to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism
Default Negro Faces The Death Penalty For Killing His [White] Girlfriend's Dad

Teen accused of killing his girlfriend’s father

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Randy Ludlow

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

A Louisiana college student dating a small-town Ohio girl is suspected in the shooting death of her father.

Carlton Lorenzo Love Jr., 19, was charged yesterday with the aggravated murder of Mark H. Shrader, 44, who was found dead Thursday by his daughter in their house in the Morrow County village of Cardington.

Love, a student at Louisiana Tech University, recently traveled to Cardington to meet 17-year-old Katie Shrader, said Carlton Love Sr., the suspect’s father.

The two met while attending high school in Bossier City, La., where Katie lived with a relative before returning to Cardington, the elder Love said.

The suspect’s father was unaware that his son had been charged with aggravated murder until contacted by The Dispatch.

"I talked to him a couple of days ago. I was sending him money for a bus ticket home," Love Sr. said. "He’s a soft-spoken kid; he doesn’t start any trouble."

Katie Shrader reported coming home with her boyfriend Thursday afternoon to find the front door open at 208 E. Gre- gory St.

"I just came home from walking home and I just saw my dad dead," she calmly told a 911 dispatcher. "There’s blood all over the bed. ... There’s like a hole in the back of his head."

Katie said she left home about noon and returned to find her father’s body. She called 911 at 1:38 p.m. Thursday.

Sheriff Steven Brenneman declined to discuss an apparent motive or detail the relationship between Katie Shrader and Love Jr.

Love was detained for questioning after investigators arrived at the house.

The handgun that might have been used to kill Shrader was found in a dresser drawer in the house, said Morrow County Prosecutor Charles Howland. Ballistics tests are pending.

Katie Shrader is not suspected of involvement in her father’s death, the prosecutor said.

Love’s bond was set at $1 million yesterday by Morrow County Municipal Judge Lee McClelland. Love is scheduled to appear in court Monday.

Agents of the Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation are assisting deputies and Cardington police with the investigation. Cardington, a village of 2,023 residents, is about 35 miles north of Columbus.

http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.p...325-D1-05.html

Thread