VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 1st, 2013 #521
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Penninx View Post
But, should we really sympathize with this al-Asshat creature? I'm asking, because he helped ‘Papa Bush’ during the first Iraq war, against the ― in my opinion, anyway ― far more competent and honorable Arab leader, Saddam Hussein.

That was his father the late Hafez al-Assad.

The relationship with Iraq was difficult in the past because Saddam refused to ally with Syria against Israel. The late Assad also supported Iran during the Iraq-Iran war, at the time the US was of course supporting Saddam as he was their puppet back then, acting as a bulwark against the Iranian shiite 'threat' during the 80s.

Quote:
So, al-Asshat has helped international jewry to slaughter another, far more competent and prolific Arab leader; Mo'ammar al-Qadhaffi of Libya.
What are you on about? Syria had nothing to do with the murder of Gaddafi.

Quote:
This may come to haunt al-Asshat some day... and he can't claim he wasn't warned!
You sound like you support ZOG's rebels

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old February 1st, 2013 #522
America First

Very disturbing news, but many reader's here knew it was coming for a long time.

The last 100 years this World has seen modern weapon's used in organized violence kill millions of civilian's, and Western Nation's assaulted by other Western Nation's are controlled by enemy alien's, not Pepperidge Farms that's for sure.

Belgrade was one of the latest tragedies against a White Nation that was defending its own people.

Criminal Islamo mercenaries trained by the West attacked Christian Belgrade.

Only Islamo useful idiots, fags, and enemy alien's did not wept at the news of the violent attack/crime against Belgrade in 2000 IMO.

Islamo nuts/criminal's are now being used again, and when this does not work look who shows their hand clearly.

Sad.

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp

Old February 1st, 2013 #523
America First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian View Post

The relationship with Iraq was difficult in the past because Saddam refused to ally with Syria against Israel. The late Assad also supported Iran during the Iraq-Iran war, at the time the US was of course supporting Saddam as he was their puppet back then, acting as a bulwark against the Iranian shiite 'threat' during the 80s.

Unquote

Clarity.

-Charles A. Lindbergh

Old February 1st, 2013 #524
Serbian

How perverse can you get

Quote:
US Responds to Israeli Attack by Warning Syria

Obama Likely Told About Attack Ahead of Time

by Jason Ditz, January 31, 2013

Print This | Share This

After official silence yesterday (apart from anonymous claims about what was hit), the White House has finally officially responded to the Israeli attack on Syria by issuing a warning to the attacked Syrian government.

Staying completely off-topic on the attack, the US instead followed up on its own reports that the attack targeted SA-17 anti-aircraft missiles, warning that Syria could “further destabilize the region” with its putative shipments.

Syria for its part insists the attack didn’t hit a “convoy of trucks” but rather a building related to Syrian military planning, killing two people. So far there has been no evidence either way, and Israel has refused to comment on its attack at all, beyond hinting at more to come.

Off the record, officials say the relative non-response from the US is further indication that President Obama knew of the Israeli attack ahead of time, and indeed the head of Israeli military intelligence is currently in the US for talks.
http://news.antiwar.com/2013/01/31/u...warning-syria/

Old February 1st, 2013 #525
Serbian

Israel May Attack Syria More in the Future

Officials Won't Confirm Wednesday Attack, But Hint at More

by Jason Ditz, January 31, 2013

Print This | Share This

Since Wednesday morning’s attack on Syria, Israel has been typically coy, refusing to confirm or deny what was attacked, and indeed whether they attacked at all, though privately there appears to be little doubt that they did so.

The question now is, having “gotten away with” an attack on Syria, with Syrian officials threatening retaliation but really in no position to do so, whether or not Israel will attack again. Officials are hinting that this will be the case, though again in the usual vague terms.

The reports from Western officials are that the attack was aimed at preventing SA-17 anti-aircraft missiles from being sent to Hezbollah, in southern Lebanon. This is part of Israel’s ongoing efforts to keep factions they are liable to go to war with at any time light on defensive arms, to make future wars more convenient to launch.

Yet from the Assad regime’s standpoint, the Israeli attack may be a blessing, giving it a measure of international sympathy and an opportunity to play up its civil war as part of a fight against Israel.

And as the war continues to worsen, Israel may find itself under pressure to act more and more, as Syria’s massive weapons cache, as with Libya’s, becomes more difficult to keep a handle on, and weapons smuggling becomes not only a state occupation but one for private smugglers. Israeli officials may be comfortable threatening more and more attacks, but if they are stuck constantly launching strikes against the Syria-Lebanon border they may find themselves getting drawn deeper into a regional war they really don’t want.

http://news.antiwar.com/2013/01/31/i...in-the-future/

Old February 1st, 2013 #526
R. Penninx
Racist Nazi Redneck Jihadi

Quote:
What about Syria's recognition of the NTC, was that also his father... from the crypt, perhaps?

Quote:
The relationship with Iraq was difficult in the past because Saddam refused to ally with Syria against Israel.
So that was a valid reason to side with America (and Israel) and mortally betray them?

Quote:
The late Assad also supported Iran during the Iraq-Iran war, at the time the US was of course supporting Saddam as he was their puppet back then, acting as a bulwark against the Iranian shiite 'threat' during the 80s.
You know which countries also did? America and Israel. Look up: Iran-Contra affair.

Quote:
Did you, perhaps, miss the fact that Syria recognized the “NTC”? (Wasn't it in a big enough font size for you?)

Quote:
Says someone who's cheer leading a state that has sided with America (and Israel, perhaps indirectly) to defeat its racial kin and have their ― again, as I said ― far more competent and prolific leaders killed.

Quote:
Syria Says It Has Right to Counterattack Israel
That they're even asking, not doing, shows how pathetic and weak they are. It's amazing that Iran sees that as a valuable ally. I'd be seething, if I were an Iranian citizen. Iran treats Syria almost similarly to, say, how America treats Israel.

To all those who ‘thumbed down’ my previous post: Disprove a single thing, else stick those thumbs somewhere else.

Old February 1st, 2013 #527
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
That they're even asking, not doing, shows how pathetic and weak they are. It's amazing that Iran sees that as a valuable ally. I'd be seething, if I were an Iranian citizen. Iran treats Syria almost similarly to, say, how America treats Israel.
What exactly would you like to see them do? Retaliate with full force with get drawn into a full out conflict with Israel? That would certainly play into the hands of Israel, and it would very likely be the nail in the coffin as regards the chance of holding out against the insurgency. But perhaps that is exactly the development you'd like to see...? I think Iran wants to see Syria keep their composure as well, and not your undiciplined, reckless, muzzie-impulsive- macho-approach.

Old February 1st, 2013 #528
R. Penninx
Racist Nazi Redneck Jihadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solskeniskyn View Post
What exactly would you like to see them do? Retaliate with full force with get drawn into a full out conflict with Israel?
They aren't already?

Quote:
That would certainly play into the hands of Israel
Not attacking Israel doesn't?

Quote:
[I]t would very likely be the nail in the coffin as regards the chance of holding out against the insurgency.
Sorry, why should we (or I) care again? Syria hasn't done anything against the jew over the last century. Name me one incident where Syria did anything.

The Palestinians did far more, especially Arafat. Remember the bomb attacks and so on? Palestinians are like fish in a barrel and manage to pull more off than the Syrians. Don't you find that interesting?

Quote:
I think Iran wants to see Syria keep their composure as well, and not your undiciplined, reckless, muzzie-impulsive- macho-approach.
You're calling me a ‘muzzie’ now, heavyweight debater?

Old February 1st, 2013 #529
Tim

Syrian newscast in English about the "Israeli" attack on the Center for Scientific Research in Jamraya, near Damascus.

Here is a video of the attack that was apparently recorded by an insurgent.

Old February 1st, 2013 #530
America First

SEA PORT. Listen up Pilgrim's.

-Charles A. Lindbergh

Old February 1st, 2013 #531
Tim

Witness to air raids

"Sofi Haddad, an activist from al-Hameh, close to the scene of the apparent Israeli air raids, said she heard 10 explosions just after midnight on Wednesday morning."

"Jamraya lies on a hill that houses officers and chemical experts who work at the scientific research centre. There are also huge warehouses under the hill that contain all the chemical materials and explosives storage which are used at the centre."

"The centre is part of a military industrial compound in a district called al-Fardous in Jamraya. It has many buildings and warehouses. The centre is responsible for developing weapons and military techniques. It is affiliated to the ministry of defence."

"Yesterday at around 12:30am, we heard a series of explosions. It was like 10 explosions one after another. High clouds of smoke covered the district with orange flame. The fire continued for about 45 minutes before it was extinguished. None of the houses nearby were hit. It was completely dark and none of us saw any of the planes."

"We did not know what was the source of the explosions was. It was only in the morning that we learned that Israeli warplanes hit the scientific research centre."

Old February 1st, 2013 #532
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
They aren't already?
No.

Quote:
Not attacking Israel doesn't?
In a vacuum Israel deserves to get 100X worse in retaliation, but Syria has to carefully weight their every move at this juncture.

Quote:
Sorry, why should we (or I) care again? Syria hasn't done anything against the jew over the last century. Name me one incident where Syria did anything.
You only have to go back to 2006 where they provided support and crucial assistance to the Lebanese in the war. The claim is not that they're a major anti-jew force, only that they're an definite counter-weight against Israel in the region. Going by that alone one would think that a fellow like you, who claim to not "care", would opt for just rooting for Assad with shrugged shoulders since he must be preferable to the U.S/Israel backed jihad mercenaries at least.

Quote:
The Palestinians did far more, especially Arafat. Remember the bomb attacks and so on? Palestinians are like fish in a barrel and manage to pull more off than the Syrians. Don't you find that interesting?
Well, no, not really, since nobody has ever claimed anything to the contrary.

What's interesing however is that you, in the given situation on-ground in Syria, appears to be siding with the insurgents. How come?

What happened in Libya was a shame, but you can't fault Syria for that, or at least I havn't seen anything that would suggest they playing an active role. The link you posted earlier does not say that at all. According to your logic, Iran also helped "slaughter" Khadaffi since they also recognized the transitional council as legitimate. Palestine too.

Quote:
You're calling me a ‘muzzie’ now, heavyweight debater?
No, I said that your proposed frenzied retaliation was muzzie-like in its impulsiveness and recklessness.

Last edited by Solskeniskyn; February 1st, 2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: **

Old February 2nd, 2013 #533
Tim

Syria and Algeria were the only two members of the League of Arab States who voted against the establishment of a no-fly zone over Libya (Source).

Libya was expelled from the League of Arab States on February 22, 2011 (Source).

Syria was expelled from the League of Arab States on November 12, 2011 (Source).

Syrian pilot killed fighting for Col. Gadhafi in Libya

"Syrian opposition sources said the regime of President Bashar Assad has approved the deployment of hundreds of fighters to Libya as well as air and anti-tank munitions to Gadhafi. They said Syrians have also served as pilots for Gadhafi’s fleet of MiG fighter-jets."

"Opposition sources said Syrian Air Force officers were flying some of the MiG-23 and MiG-25 fighter-jets ordered to attack rebel-held towns in Libya. They said at least one Syrian Air Force officer was killed and identified after his plane was downed."

"Syria said on Thursday it was against foreign intervention in Libyan affairs as Western states debated how they should respond to a popular uprising against Libya’s leader Muammar Gaddafi."

"'Syria affirms its rejection of all forms of foreign interference in Libyan affairs, since that would be a violation of Libya’s sovereignty, its independence and the unity of its land,' the Foreign Ministry said in a statement."

Old February 2nd, 2013 #534
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Syria and Algeria were the only two members of the League of Arab States who voted against the establishment of a no-fly zone over Libya (Source).

Libya was expelled from the League of Arab States on February 22, 2011 (Source).

Syria was expelled from the League of Arab States on November 12, 2011 (Source).

Syrian pilot killed fighting for Col. Gadhafi in Libya

"Syrian opposition sources said the regime of President Bashar Assad has approved the deployment of hundreds of fighters to Libya as well as air and anti-tank munitions to Gadhafi. They said Syrians have also served as pilots for Gadhafi’s fleet of MiG fighter-jets."

"Opposition sources said Syrian Air Force officers were flying some of the MiG-23 and MiG-25 fighter-jets ordered to attack rebel-held towns in Libya. They said at least one Syrian Air Force officer was killed and identified after his plane was downed."

"Syria said on Thursday it was against foreign intervention in Libyan affairs as Western states debated how they should respond to a popular uprising against Libya’s leader Muammar Gaddafi."

"'Syria affirms its rejection of all forms of foreign interference in Libyan affairs, since that would be a violation of Libya’s sovereignty, its independence and the unity of its land,' the Foreign Ministry said in a statement."

Thanks Tim. That's very interesting, and that makes this troll's(?) assertion that Syria of all countries are somehow partly to blame for the attack on Libya look even sillier.

Old February 3rd, 2013 #535
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solskeniskyn View Post
Thanks Tim. That's very interesting, and that makes this troll's(?) assertion that Syria of all countries are somehow partly to blame for the attack on Libya look even sillier.
Indeed.

Here is another one for R. Penninx and others who are attacking the only serious anti Israel alliance in the region.

Quote:
Clinton in parting warning on Syria

Outgoing US secretary of state Hillary Clinton has issued a parting warning about Syria’s civil war, accusing Iran of playing an increasingly prominent role in directing the violence.

Clinton said Iran’s involvement heightened the danger of a larger regional conflict drawing in Israel or other neighbours.

“I’ve done what was possible to do,” she told reporters on the eve of her last day in office. But she painted a harrowing picture of a war that could still get worse.

“The worst kind of predictions about what could happen internally and spilling over the borders of Syria are certainly within the realm of the possible now,” she said.

The conflict “is distressing on all fronts”, Mrs Clinton told a round-table of journalists, ahead of John Kerry being sworn in as her successor. Yesterday was her last day as Secretary of State, with speculation rife that she will run for President in 2016.

She pointed the finger primarily at Iran in the Syrian crisis, accusing it of dispatching more personnel and better military material to President Bashar Assad’s regime to help him defeat rebel forces.

Its Lebanese proxy, Hezbollah, is also playing a bigger role in the conflict.

“The Iranians are all in for Assad, and there is very little room for any kind of dialogue with them,” Mrs Clinton said.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...1UDmsEZE.email

Old February 3rd, 2013 #536
America First

Let me when itz stroke time again.

-Charles A. Lindbergh

Old February 3rd, 2013 #537
Serbian

I am far more concerned about this than with any Amerikwan EU threats against Syria.

Has Russia been bought yet again, just like during the 90's Yugoslav wars?

Or are they sensing that Assad will not survive and are therefore positioning themselves to get a better foothold in a post Assad Syria, as to not remain left out in the cold as they were in Libya and Iraq.

Only time will tell.

Quote:

Russia holds ground-breaking talks with Syrian opposition, wants to maintain 'regular contact'

Ground-breaking talks between the Russian foreign minister and the Syrian opposition leader have bolstered a global push to narrow sharp differences over how to end the conflict in Syria.

Moscow said Saturday it wanted to keep in regular contact with the Syrian opposition, after its Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Syrian National Coalition leader Moaz al-Khatib met for the first time.
read more

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle8152061/

Old February 3rd, 2013 #538
Serbian

Assad says Israel trying to destabilise Syria

Updated: 22:17, Sunday, 03 February 2013

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has accused Israel of trying to destabilise his country by attacking a military research base outside Damascus last week.

He said Syria was able to confront "current threats ...and aggression", state media said.

Mr Assad made the remarks in a meeting with Saeed Jalili, Iran's national security council secretary, in the Syrian capital.

It was his first reported response to the attack.

State news agency SANA quoted Mr Jalili as reaffirming Tehran's "full support for the Syrian people ... facing the Zionist aggression, and its continued coordination to confront the conspiracies and foreign projects".

The Syrian president, Shia Iran's closest Arab ally, is battling a 22-month-old uprising in which 60,000 people have been killed.

Mr Assad says the rebels are Islamist terrorists funded and armed by Turkey and Sunni Muslim Gulf Arab states.

Neighbouring Israel has said it might have to intervene to prevent Syrian chemical or advanced weapons falling into the hands of militant groups, including Lebanon's Hezbollah, which fought a 34-day war with Israel in 2006.

Diplomats, Syrian rebels and security sources said Israeli jets bombed a convoy near the Lebanese border on Wednesday, apparently hitting weapons destined for Hezbollah.

Syria said the target was a military research centre northwest of Damascus.

Meanwhile, Syria's opposition leader flew back to his Cairo headquarters from Germany today after talks with representatives of Russia and Iran, Mr Assad's main backers.

The Russian and Iranian foreign ministers, and US Vice President Joe Biden, portrayed Syrian National Coalition leader Moaz Alkhatib's new willingness to talk with the Assad regime as a major step towards resolving the two-year-old war.

"If we want to stop the bloodshed we cannot continue putting the blame on one side or the other," Iran's Ali Akbar Salehi said.

He added that he was ready to keep talking to the opposition.

"This is a very important step. Especially because the coalition was created on the basis of categorical rejection of any talks with the regime," Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov was quoted as saying by Russia's Itar Tass news agency.

Russia has blocked three UN Security Council resolutions aimed at pushing Mr Assad out or pressuring him to end a civil war in which more than 60,000 people have died.

But it has also tried to distance itself from Mr Assad by saying it is not trying to prop him up and will not offer him asylum.

Syrian state media said Mr Assad received a senior Iranian official and told him Syria could withstand "threats ... and aggression" like an air attack on a military base last week, which his government has blamed on Israel.

Politicians from the US, Europe and the Middle East at the Munich Security Conference praised Mr Alkhatib's "courage".

But the moderate Islamist preacher was likely to face sharp criticism from the exiled leadership back in Cairo.

Mr Alkhatib has put his leadership on the line by saying he would be willing to talk to representatives of the Assad regime on condition they release 150,000 prisoners and issue passports to the tens of thousands of displaced people who have fled to neighbouring countries but do not have documents.

"He has a created a political firestorm. Meeting the Iranian foreign minister was totally unnecessary because it is useless.

“Iran backs Assad to the hilt and he might as well have met with the Syrian foreign minister," said one of Mr Alkhatib's colleagues on the 12-member politburo of the Syrian National Coalition.

Mr Alkhatib, whose family are custodians of the Umayyad Mosque in the historic centre of Damascus, is seen as a bulwark against Salafist forces, who are a main player in the armed opposition.

He was chosen as the head of the Coalition in Qatar last year, with crucial backing from the Muslim Brotherhood.

The Syrian opposition member, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed to comments by Mr Salehi and Mr Lavrov after the meeting with Mr Alkhatib as evidence that they had not changed their positions and still backed Mr Assad.

Mr Salehi told the Munich conference where the round of talks took place that the solution was to hold elections in Syria - making no mention of Assad having to leave the country.

Firm opposition backers like Qatar's Prime Minister Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani and US Republican Senator John McCain voiced frustration in Munich at the international community's reluctance to intervene in the Syrian conflict.

"We consider the UN Security Council directly responsible for the continuing tragedy of the Syrian people, the thousands of lives that were lost, the blood that was spilled and is still flowing at the hands of the regime's forces," said Mr al-Thani.

Russia played down the significance of the discussions in Munich, with one diplomatic source calling the talks between Mr Lavrov and Mr Alkhatib "simply routine meetings".

"We have presented our views when Minister Lavrov meet Alkhatib, we have noted his comments that there is still a chance for dialogue with Syrian government. That is something we have called for," said the Russian source.

"To what extent is that realistic, that's a different matter and there are doubts about that," said the source.

One source in Mr Khatib's delegation said the offer of dialogue would find an echo among Syrians opposed to Mr Assad who have not taken up arms "and want to get rid of him with the minimum bloodshed".

Fawaz Tello, a veteran Syrian opposition campaigner based in Berlin, said Mr Alkhatib had made "a calculated political manoeuvre to embarrass Assad".

"But it is an incomplete initiative and it will probably fizzle out," Mr Tello told Reuters.

"The Assad regime cannot implement any item in the series of initiatives we have seen lately because it would simply fall."

Russia and Iran were already beginning to use Mr Alkhatib's initiative negatively, he said, while "the regime and its allies will only treat Alkhatib's meetings as an additional opportunity to smash the rebellion or weaken it".

Asked about the risk of his strategy being seen as a sign of weakness in the opposition or frustration at the Free Syrian Army's gains, Mr Alkhatib told Reuters in Munich: "The fighters have high morale and they are making daily advances."

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0203/365...-breakthrough/

Old February 3rd, 2013 #539
Serbian

Moaz al-Khatib

Quote:
On 11 November 2012, al-Khatib was elected as the President of the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces, a coalition of opposition groups that was formed on the same day.[20][21][22] The coalition has since been recognized as the legitimate government of Syria by a number of countries.

Al-Khatib has not ruled out negotiating with President Bashar al-Assad, noting that dialogue did not mean "surrendering to the regime's cruelty" but was instead the "lesser of two evils."[3]

After being elected President of the coalition, Khatib called on world powers to fully arm the Free Syrian Army.[23]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moaz_al-Khatib

Old February 3rd, 2013 #540
America First

Quote:
I am far more concerned about this than with any Amerikwan EU threats against Syria.

Has Russia been bought yet again, just like during the 90's Yugoslav wars?

Or are they sensing that Assad will not survive and are therefore positioning themselves to get a better foothold in a post Assad Syria, as to not remain left out in the cold as they were in Libya and Iraq.

Only time will tell.

read more

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle8152061/

If these thugs were power in the 1948, Ghandi would have been murdered and India would have have stayed a colony.

The attack on Belgrade happened with not resistance from Whites in North America, because the majority have been extremely dumbed down and braid washed stupid since 1945. Beer bellied fools who ranted against clitooon fro eight years supported him over night when the TV flags waved with music in the back ground.

After being elected President of the coalition, Khatib called on world powers to fully arm the Free Syrian Army.[23

Unquote

What ? Oh, sure they need drones, jet fighters, and maybe a nuke too?

After what Putin stated about the last Nation taken down, I would have thought he would have blocked this with Syrian ports.

Maybe he has decided not to got toe to over this one. I don't believe he is a puppet, but knows how dangerous the World is now and playing with his power carefully IMO.
Never underestimate how phucking stupid and duped White's are in the majority.

Nothing is going to wake up White's as I can see.

-Charles A. Lindbergh

Last edited by America First; February 3rd, 2013 at 10:02 PM.

Tags
assad, chemical weapons, international control, israeli isis coalition, jew isis alliance, marie colvin, russia, syria, syria unrest

Thread