VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 23rd, 2008 #1
yankee jane
Mene, Mene, Tekel Upharsin

Default Real Time and The Endless Windows

I know you were working with Real Time earlier (had it turned off to see how the forum ran without it).

Now that its back, did you know that every time you click on Real Time it opens in a new window, then if you click on a post in Real Time it opens in yet another new window, then if you click on Real Time again you get yet a third new window opened up? It continues this way until you have an endless number of separate windows open that need to be closed....

Old March 27th, 2008 #2
varg

It shouldnt open up a new window when you click it anymore.. does it?

Old March 27th, 2008 #3
yankee jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
No,it doesn't. It does open a new window (usually) for the thread when I click on a post when in Real Time, but it has always done that.

New wrinkle today - Real Time doesn't seem to be real timing. The latest posts listed are 6 to 8 minutes old and when I hit refresh or go out of Real Time and come back in, nothing updates. It seems to only be updating itself every ten minutes or so.

Old March 27th, 2008 #4
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee jane View Post
No,it doesn't. It does open a new window (usually) for the thread when I click on a post when in Real Time, but it has always done that.

New wrinkle today - Real Time doesn't seem to be real timing. The latest posts listed are 6 to 8 minutes old and when I hit refresh or go out of Real Time and come back in, nothing updates. It seems to only be updating itself every ten minutes or so.
same here! Also what happened to "who's online"?

Old March 29th, 2008 #5
TheLastRebel

Quote:
The Real Time feature i would think ( not seeing it run ) would be a huge resource hog on SQL Queries. being that it opens on up each time and as it states, Is Real Time.

Old March 29th, 2008 #6
varg

Indeed.. it does.. I disabled it a few days ago but a lot of people wanted it back

Old March 29th, 2008 #7
yankee jane

Quote:
Indeed.. it does.. I disabled it a few days ago but a lot of people wanted it back
Its still not working. The most recent post is 15 to 20 minutes old and you have to hit refresh and then it shows the most recent post at 24 or more minutes old.

Old March 29th, 2008 #8
varg

That should be fixed now.. I need to figure out how to make it so it doesn't log you out when you use realtime though

Old March 29th, 2008 #9
yankee jane

Quote:
That should be fixed now.. I need to figure out how to make it so it doesn't log you out when you use realtime though
Thanks! It hasn't logged me out yet, but when I signed in I checked "Remember me" and I'm always logged in when I come to this site, maybe that's why...

Thread