VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 21st, 2010 #301
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Steele's Latest Home Away from Home

The Man of Steel is now in Spokane Washington County jail. This is about 30 miles West of Coeur D' Alene, Idaho.
========
http://www.spokanecounty.org/sheriff...r/Default.aspx

Spokane County Inmate

STEELE, EDGAR J
Stay #: 1000016623
CID #: 361857
Race: White
Intake Date: 06/15/2010 at 21:01
+ Booking Number: 1000027583
Case Number: 000000000
Booking Date/Time: 06/15/2010 21:01

Spokane County Jail
1100 West Mallon
Spokane , WA 99260-0320

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 21st, 2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo

Old June 21st, 2010 #302
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Crime Scene Map

This is a map of the local area. Sagle is at the point of the "A" symbol. Sandpoint, Idaho is just north of there. Spokane, Washington is where that he is jailed. It is 60 miles southwest of Sagle. Coeur D' Alene is about 45 miles south of Sagle.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; August 2nd, 2012 at 12:39 PM.

Old June 21st, 2010 #303
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

The psychological torture is being increased. Moved away from is family. He must be one very isolated individual.

Of course cog in the machine will just claim they are doing their job.

Wonder who is advising the wife, son, mother-in-law, etc not to make public comments. Or maybe Steele knew this day would come and has advised them. Nobody is speaking out for him.

Only making an observation here: in 2000 years nothing has changed, the jew is still using law of the enemies to eliminate those who speak out publicly against the synagogue of satan. A believer or not, it must be acknowledge, the jew has mastered the art evil.

Old June 21st, 2010 #304
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Now that the federal government has moved Steele across state lines the federal government has violated its own "interstate commerce system" laws in the framing of Steele.

Old June 21st, 2010 #305
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Certainly the ZOG is going to have to be more treacherous to eliminate Steele. Having a nigger kill him because nigger thinks Steele is a fag is not going to work.
Let me tell you what they did to me. They had about two weeks before the statute of limitations was to expire on one charge that the state was not going to be able to get a conviction. One week before the statute of limitations was to expire they 'created' FIVE (5!) additional charges out of thin air. Revoked my bond so that I wasn't able to assist in my defense.

After a week long (YES, an entire week for bogus misdemeanor charges) trial I was convicted of all charges by a mostly nigger jury. Seven days into a 12 month sentence, they did a surprise cell block search of three cells blocks. They put about 200 niggers and 5 Whites into a gym area with no supervision by jail personnel.

A 280 pound nigger came up to me and demanded my watch. I said no and walked away. It came up behind me and choked me unconscious. Those who witnessed it thought I was dead. I regained consciousness at some point thereafter and was hurting bad.

It was all I could do to get one of the guards' attention. I spent a night in the hospital, and did get my watch back. I had a friend come pick up my valuables a couple of days later.

It can be just that simple. I hope Steele doesn't have anything shiny on him that might get a nigger's attention. I had to learn the hard way.

Old June 21st, 2010 #306
Eric Wright
Busy being Born

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post

A 280 pound nigger came up to me and demanded my watch. I said no and walked away. It came up behind me and choked me unconscious. Those who witnessed it thought I was dead. I regained consciousness at some point thereafter and was hurting bad.
Your mistake was walking away. As soon as a demand is made for your property, your immediate response should be a punch to the mouth of the demanding person.
The Negro was "heart checking" you. Some whites would of gave up the watch right away. By you saying "No" and walking away, you basically told him:" I have enough pride to just not give this to you, but you can take it through physical force with little amount of resistance". Its quite common for people, especially whites to go through this in prison.
Blacks tend to view whites in prison as weak, and with money, so they feel it is easy prey.
Just a future note to anyone who has the misfortune of getting caught within the net of the system. Whatever the race of the person, if they make a demand for something of yours, the only thing you should give them is a strong punch to the jaw.
Win, lose or draw (just like with school yard bullies) they will learn that you are willing to fight, and will move on to the softer target.
If Steele had to do his time in Idaho, he would be pretty OK, since (speaking with skinheads that did time in the Idaho system) it is majority White. But Steele I believe is facing Fed time, so, while still better than you average state prison, would probably be worse off than an Idaho state prison.

Old June 21st, 2010 #307
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Breaking News on Bombmaker

I will post more when available.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/hbo/2...-hire-suspect/

No Bail For Murder-for-Hire Suspect
Posted by DFO at 6:03 p.m. on June 21 Comments (0)
TagsEdgar SteeleLarry Fairfaxmurder for hire

Via Meghann Cuniff’s Twitter: “Judge orders Larry Fairfax, who told FBI about Edgar Steele’s alleged murder plot but didn’t mention already-placed pipebomb, held w/o bail.”

Old June 21st, 2010 #308
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Bombmaker Ordered Held Without Bail

The photo is from http://www.kxly.com/news/23923194/detail.html which is an old story. This is the latest on the hearing for the bombmaker. It sounds like that he has come with some of those "the dog ate my homework" excuses.

There is another Negro in the woodpile here. Silver coins of face value $10,000 are worth $160,000 at present. Suppose that they were of lesser face value worth only $10,000 in current Jew money. Then where is the other $15,000 that Steele supposedly paid up front?
========
http://www.kxly.com/news/23983439/detail.html

Fairfax ordered held without bail
Posted: 6:09 pm PDT June 21, 2010

COEUR D'ALENE -- Larry Fairfax, the Sagle, Idaho man charged with building two pipe bombs as part of North Idaho attorney's murder-for-hire scheme to kill his wife and mother-in-law, has been ordered to be held in jail without bail.
The decision was made during a detention hearing held Monday afternoon in Coeur d'Alene that Fairfax, 49, should remain in custody of the US Marshals until his next court date.

During the hearing Fairfax claimed that he was scared of Edgar Steele but went along with the plot, going so far as to accept $10,000 in silver coins as a down payment for killing Steele's wife and his mother-in-law.

FBI agents confirmed that Fairfax was the informant who tipped them off to the murder-for-hire plot, adding that he agree to do wiretaps, but never told authorities that he had followed through with building two pipe bombs and never told them he had placed one on Cyndi Steele's SUV, which was found last week when she took the vehicle in to a Coeur d'Alene Quik Lube for an oil charge.

During an interview after his arrest Fairfax claimed that while he had placed the pipe bomb on her vehicle he had safeguarded it by placing a piece of tape over the fuse in order to prevent it from going off.
Attached Images

Old June 21st, 2010 #309
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry More on the Bomb Maker

If Steele still distrusts the U.S. currency system, he couldn't be totally crazy. Fairfax must have pissed away $100 on gasoline between Sagle Idaho and Bend Oregon looking for that missing bomb. It must have been a 600 mile round trip. Did he check both sides of the road?

This guy is a real piece of work. Clearly his grade school teacher let him get away with "the dog ate my homework" excuse. The jury should get quite a kick out of him.
========
http://www.krem.com/news/local/Steel...-96849249.html

by KREM.com, John Langeler
krem.com
Posted on June 21, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Updated Tuesday, Jun 22 at 5:36 AM

COEUR D'ALENE -- Prosecutors say a North Idaho attorney accused of plotting to kill his wife and mother-in-law as part of a murder-for-hire plan used silver pieces to pay the hitman.

At a detention hearing Monday, a federal judge ruled Edgar Steele will remain in jail on the murder-for-hire charges. Prosecutors say Larry Fairfax has admitted to his role in the plot, including building and placing a bomb on Steele's wife's vehicle on May 30. According to the FBI, Steele wanted the bomb to go off on June 11, when his wife, Cyndi, was traveling to Oregon to visit her mother.

According to prosecutors, Steele paid Fairfax $10,000 in silver pieces because he distrusts the U.S. currency system and had a stockpile. Fairfax told investigators he thought the bomb may have fallen off Cyndi's vehicle, and even traveled to Oregon to see if they could find it. Despite informing police and wearing a wire during conversations with Steele, prosecutors say at no point did Fairfax tell law enforcement that a bomb was already in place on Cyndi's vehicle.

Fairfax's wife and son testified in federal court Monday. Both said they "somewhat feared for their family's safety" and that Fairfax never mentioned any part of the plan.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 25th, 2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added missing date and reporter name

Old June 21st, 2010 #310
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Bombmaker Can't Find His Own Bomb.

The jury will be ROTFLTAO.
=========
http://www.khq.com/global/story.asp?s=12686290

Judge in CDA Bomb Case: Don't Release Fairfax

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 8:09 PM
Updated: Jun 21, 2010 8:09 PM

COEUR D' ALENE Idaho. - A federal judge ruled Monday afternoon that Larry Fairfax should not be released from the custody of U.S, Marshals. The judge said she could not reasonably assure the safety of certain people within the community based on the evidence presented by government. Special agents with both the FBI and ATF testified against Fairfax. Fairfax admitted he had built two pipe bombs as part of a murder-for-hire plot. He admitted he was hired by attorney Edgar Steele to kill Steele's wife. The plan was for the device to explode while she traveled to Oregon, causing the wife's car to crash and kill her.

The FBI special agent also testified that Fairfax had been working with them about the suspected murder-for-hire plot involving attorney Edgar Steele prior to the pipe bomb being discovered on June 15th. Fairfax never mentioned to the FBI that he had placed a pipe bomb underneath Cyndi Steele's SUV.

In court, Fairfax's lawyer argued that his defendant never intended for the bomb to explode. He said that Fairfax taped the fuse to prevent it from igniting. Fairfax also traveled to Oregon City, Oregon, where Cyndi Steele was staying to see if the bomb was still attached to her car. He didn't see it and thought it had fallen off. It was later discovered attached to the car when the SUV was taken to a Quick Lube shop in Coeur d'Alene.

Fairfax says he received $10,000 in silver coins from Edgar Steele to kill Steele's wife. Fairfax's attorney says Fairfax intended to take the money and not commit the murder. He says that is why he taped the fuse of the bomb.

Old June 21st, 2010 #311
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Quote:
During the hearing Fairfax claimed that he was scared of Edgar Steele but went along with the plot, going so far as to accept $10,000 in silver coins as a down payment for killing Steele's wife and his mother-in-law.
Killer hit-man Fairfax is scared of a 64 years man with a serious heart condition?

We have told before about the $500/$400 travel expenses, the $25,000 after the hit, and $100,000 after the insurance policy paid off. It was reported that the these numbers was discussed during the June 9 and 10 meeting between Fairfax and Steele. Why was the $10,000 in silver coins not reported early? Was the silver coins mentioned to the meetings and the FBI forgot to include it in the court documents or did the MSM forget to report the it or did Fairfax forget to the tell the FBI? Or did Steele forget to mention the silver coins during his recorded conversation with Fairfax when discussing Fairfax compensations package for killing his wife and mother-in-law?

And if Steele has a lot of money in coins why does he need to have is wife murdered for the insurance pay off, especially if he has agreed to pay Fairfax $135,000 ($500 + $10,000 + $ 25,000 + $100,000) for the hit. And as somebody astutely pointed out, is may be the case that Steele's wife's horse business provided a comfortable living for house husband Steele.

And just think about it, how much does a profession hit-man make for a hit of a low profile individual such as Steele's wife. Doesn't $135,000 seems like a high number for a hit horse farm owner in a remote area.

Now that the ZOG/FBI conspiracy is falling apart it time to consider other more likely conspiracies:

1) Fairfax was blackmailing Steele. Steele could claim that he was afraid of Fairfax. It is more likely that Steele or Fairfax has a history of violence?
2) Fairfax was threatening to kill Steele and/or is wife. Steel could claim that because the FBI had just ignored other threats against his family, Steele knew that reporting to the threats would be ignored.
3) Surely Fairfax was aware that Steele had a large amount of silver coins that Steele could use to payoff Fairfax blackmail and/or threats.
4) Fairfax was plaining to kill Steele and/or is wife. That would explain the pipe bombs.
5) Maybe Steele was setting Fairfax up after Fairfax threatened to kill his wife. Maybe Steele said he wanted her dead anyway and would give Fairfax a huge some of money to kill her. Steele was then planning to make an anonymous call say that a man in a car X as following a woman in car Y and he plained to kill her. Steele could claim that if he identified himself the authorities would do nothing.
6) Maybe Steele told his wife about Fairfax and his threats and he and his wife may have know about the pipe bombs on the car and that is why she took the car(s) the get a oil and lube jobs before the hearing.
7) Maybe Fairfax started to realize that Steele was setting him up and that it was best for him to go the FBI (not local police) and claim that Steele had hired him to kill his wife and mother-in-law. Fairfax conveniently forgot to mention the pipe bombs from the first murder attempt, and forgot to tell FBI about is efforts to find them, and forgot to tell FBI about the $10,000.
8) If Fairfax really thought the pipe bomb was missing, maybe he thought that Steele removed the pipe bomb and was going to turn Fairfax and maybe Fairfax thought his finger prints were on the pipe bomb.
9) Maybe the FBI was monitoring Steele and his property and communications as allowed by the Patriot Act and other internal terrorism laws. Maybe he FBI learned that the Fairfax was black mailing Steele and threatened Fairfax if he did not help the FBI set Steele up. Maybe it was the FBI originated plan to plan the killings when Steele's wife traveled to meet her mother-in-law out of state and since state a line would have been crossed the FBI could claim jurisdiction.

It would be nice to know just how much of monitoring of Steele's life is performed by the ZOG. It would be nice of Steele could demand all government documents related surveillance of him be provided for his defense.

Old June 22nd, 2010 #312
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Lawyer's Honesty

Lawyers don't have much of a reputation for honesty. In a rare turn of events, my money in this case is on the lawyer instead of the scumbag Fairfax.

Old June 22nd, 2010 #313
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Steele's Heart Condition

Steele's Heart condition is greatly exaggerated. While he has gone thru the equivalent of a multiple heart bypass, he has all original equipment except for a dacron aorta and a pig heart valve. His heart is as good as new.

However his chest was sawed in two and he was suffering badly for the month of December. The only significant thing is the time that he spent on the heart lung machine and the fact that his aorta was operated on. This tends to trigger many very small strokes from blood clots and debris created during surgery. This tends to decrease the IQ of the patient the longer the heart lung machine was running.

Ronnie Raygun, of Blessed Memory, was never the same after he was shot. He didn't have that many brains to start with and couldn't afford to lose any of what he had. Being shot in the lungs exposes you to many small clots which cause many small strokes.

Steele may have suffered brain damage and not realized what had happened. OTOH, his newsletter of 15 January and 21 May seemed to be the old Steele in fine form. His wife is a better authority on whether his mind has been affected. Much of his bad appearance in mug shots can be attributed to the shock of his arrest. He also suffers from some kind of birth abnormality that gives him a weird look under normal conditions.

Old June 22nd, 2010 #314
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...b-murder-plot/

Quote:
The two-hour hearing included testimony from Fairfax’s 26-year-old son, wife of 31 years and a retired judge and lawyer who called Fairfax “about the hardest working guy I know.”
Quote:
Fairfax, who has no criminal history, ...
More MSM character rehabilitation of hit-man-loving-husband-and-father-pipe-bomber-give-you-the-shirt-off-his-back Larry Fairfax. Has the MSM printed any thing positive about Steele?

Quote:
Dale said Fairfax didn’t appear to be a flight risk but questioned the community’s safety if he was free, noting he didn’t tell his wife about the plot and didn’t mention $10,000 in silver coins Steele gave him when he accepted the murder job. Fairfax traveled to Oregon to make sure the pipe bomb was off Cyndi Steele’s car, but he told his wife he was just checking to see if she was seeing another man as he claimed Steele suspected, according to court testimony.
Wow, that is interesting. So here we have a small town and Fairfax tells his wife that Steele thinks his wife is seeing another man and that he is going to Oregon to spy on Steele's wife. Now, what are the chances that his wife is going to blab this to another person and that person to another ...

It would be interesting to know what Fairfax told Steele about how he explained his trip to Oregon to his (Fairfax's) wife. Surely Steele would have shot down any plan that would have included reference to Steele and his wife.

Quote:
The case began June 9 when Fairfax told FBI Special Agent Mike Sotka he’d been hired by Steele,
How does one go about making contact with an FBI special agent? How does one go about getting the FBI to immediately (that same day!) act on the information? Does the FBI need any evidence to act? Can the FBI record a conversation without court permission? If the FBI needs court permission can the really get it within hours and start recording conversions in the same day?

Quote:
Fairfax was not facing a criminal investigation until the pipe bomb was discovered. Within hours, he and retired lawyer Jim Michaud, who testified on Monday, were meeting with investigators in Coeur d’Alene, where Fairfax reportedly admitted he’d planted the bomb but said he’d rigged it not to explode and intended to take Edgar Steele’s money and not commit the murder.
A lawyer comes out of retirement to testify and support Fairfax? And this retired lawyer seems to have been involved in the Fairfax situation before the pipe bombs were found?

Quote:
Miller said his client thought the bomb was off the car after he traveled to Oregon to check the car and that he’d only planted it as a ruse to convince Edgar Steele he was complying with the plan.
Fairfax is a great guy all right. I guess he needed the money to buy shirts to give to people who needed them off his back.

Quote:
“The fact of the matter is this defendant stopped a murder,” said John Miller, Fairfax’s public defender.
Maybe the $PLC and Obama will give in some awards for stopping murders.

Quote:
A Spokane County bomb technician called the 12-inch bomb “one of the biggest pipe bombs that he could remember, and they deal with this more frequently than we would like,” Smith said.

Smith said he’s investigated two homicides by pipe bomb “and they were no where near as large as this pipe bomb.”
So how is Fairfax going to explain how he acquired the skills in building large pipe bombs?

Quote:
Michaud called Fairfax “just not a guy who’s going to leave his family” and said he met Fairfax in the mid-1990s when he needed someone to help with excavation work.

“I have the highest regard for his character,” Michaud said.
More MSM character rehabilitation of hit-man-loving-husband-and-father-pipe-bomber-give-you-the-shirt-off-his-back-con-people-out-of-money-with-fake-murder-attempts Larry Fairfax.

Wow, Fairfax must be one hell of a excavator if his work left a lawyer with the "highest regards for his character".

Old June 22nd, 2010 #315
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
The photo is from http://www.kxly.com/news/23923194/detail.html which is an old story. This is the latest on the hearing for the bombmaker. It sounds like that he has come with some of those "the dog ate my homework" excuses.

There is another Negro in the woodpile here. Silver coins of face value $10,000 are worth $160,000 at present. Suppose that they were of lesser face value worth only $10,000 in current Jew money. Then where is the other $15,000 that Steele supposedly paid up front?
This story gets more and more bizarre. The US Attorney is going to look like a complete fool at trial, as things appear now.

On the silver coins, I feel the story is that the $10,000 is the "market value", as opposed to face.

Doing a back-of-the-envelope calculation, with Ag at $18/T.oz, and an assumption of 1 oz. American Silver Eagles. . .

10,000/18 = 555.5 coins

1 troy oz. = 31.1/28.35 avoirdupois (common) ozs. ~ 1.1 ozs

555.5 * 1.1 = 611.1 ozs. ~38.2lbs. of silver coins.

Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus Christ and only got 40 pieces of silver. This Fairfax guy might have needed help to haul-off the silver he claims he got to kill a relative nobody!

Except the relative nobody was the spouse of someone on the jewish hit list.

Old June 22nd, 2010 #316
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

One thing is for sure, either Steele or the FBI or both are thinking the following at this time:

"Why did I/we get involved with that stupid slob Larry Fairfax? What made me/us think that fat idiot would to be able to help me/us execute my/our hit/setup? Why didn't I/we just do the job my/ourselves?"

Old June 22nd, 2010 #317
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Elegant Summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
One thing is for sure, either Steele or the FBI or both are thinking the following at this time:

"Why did I/we get involved with that stupid slob Larry Fairfax? What made me/us think that fat idiot would to be able to help me/us execute my/our hit/setup? Why didn't I/we just do the job my/ourselves?"

Tintin has just summed up these 316 posts in one sentence. This is a bad hair day for everybody.

Old June 22nd, 2010 #318
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Steele's Silver Stash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus Christ and only got 40 pieces of silver. This Fairfax guy might have needed help to haul-off the silver he claims he got to kill a relative nobody!
list.

Leonard is in fine form today. I have dabbled in silver myself and his calculation is only off by a small fraction of a percent. The actual figure is 38.09142858. (7000 grains per pound, 480 grains per troy ounce, 10,000/18 troy ounces)

This gets back to my original idea that perhaps the real purpose of this setup was to get Steele's silver stash.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 22nd, 2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: correct calculation error

Old June 22nd, 2010 #319
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Complete Post from Idaho Spokeman

I have posted the entire article so that Tintin's remarks can be better appreciated.

It is curious that Cyndi filed for divorce 10 years ago because her husband was lying about being married on dating websites when he was in California. Now he is jealous. I say that he wouldn't hurt his little bread winner. Attorney's fees are few and far between.
========
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...b-murder-plot/

June 21, 2010 in Idaho
No bail for suspect in pipe bomb murder plot
Meghann M. Cuniff The Spokesman-Review

A suspected hitman-turned-informant who federal investigators say didn’t tell them he’d already planted a bomb on the car of a murder-plot target was ordered held without bail on Monday.

U.S Magistrate Candy Dale called her decision to keep Larry A. Fairfax, 49, behind bars “very difficult” but said he was a danger to the community.

Fairfax has been in jail since June 11 after auto shop employees found a pipe bomb attached to a car brought in by Edgar Steele’s wife, Cyndi Steele, for an oil change. The Sagle man had told investigators the week before that he’d been hired by Steele to murder Steele’s wife and mother-in-law but didn’t tell them about the pipe bomb, federal agents testified on Monday.

The two-hour hearing included testimony from Fairfax’s 26-year-old son, wife of 31 years and a retired judge and lawyer who called Fairfax “about the hardest working guy I know.”

Dale said Fairfax didn’t appear to be a flight risk but questioned the community’s safety if he was free, noting he didn’t tell his wife about the plot and didn’t mention $10,000 in silver coins Steele gave him when he accepted the murder job. Fairfax traveled to Oregon to make sure the pipe bomb was off Cyndi Steele’s car, but he told his wife he was just checking to see if she was seeing another man as he claimed Steele suspected, according to court testimony.

Dale said she had concerns there may be “other matters that Mr. Fairfax has not shared.”

Fairfax, who has no criminal history, faces two felony charges related to the explosive, which employees at Fast Lane Quick Lube, West Bosanko Avenue and U.S. Highway 95, found on the 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor June 15 after Steele drove it in for an oil change about 12:30 p.m.

Fairfax said he’d placed the bomb under the car May 30 but rigged it so it didn’t explode.

“The fact of the matter is this defendant stopped a murder,” said John Miller, Fairfax’s public defender.

Cyndi Steele was at the federal courthouse hours after the bomb was discovered for her husband’s bail hearing. Dale has since issued a no contact order between the couple, who have been married since 1985. Edgar Steele, known for his unsuccessful defense of the Aryan Nations in the lawsuit that bankrupted the group, is in custody at the Spokane County Jail; he’s due in court this morning for hearing to determine if he’ll remain there without bail.

The case began June 9 when Fairfax told FBI Special Agent Mike Sotka he’d been hired by Steele, who he said he’d known for 20 years, to kill Steele’s wife and mother-in-law. He said he’d already been paid $10,000 in silver coins, received $400 for travel expenses to Oregon, where Steele’s mother-in-law lives, and was to receive $25,000 for the murders, then $100,000 if an auto insurance claim paid off.

The FBI covertly monitored two meetings between Fairfax and Steele, then raided Steele’s home on Talache Road, about 10 miles southeast of Sandpoint, June 11. Steele pleaded not guilty June 15 to use of interstate commerce for the commission of murder for hire.

Fairfax was not facing a criminal investigation until the pipe bomb was discovered. Within hours, he and retired lawyer Jim Michaud, who testified on Monday, were meeting with investigators in Coeur d’Alene, where Fairfax reportedly admitted he’d planted the bomb but said he’d rigged it not to explode and intended to take Edgar Steele’s money and not commit the murder.

But Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan said the device “had all the components that are needed for a bomb to go off.”

“He took a gamble,” Whelan said. “He created a tremendous risk not only to Mrs. Steele but to the entire community.”

Miller said his client thought the bomb was off the car after he traveled to Oregon to check the car and that he’d only planted it as a ruse to convince Edgar Steele he was complying with the plan.

“I don’t think we need to punish him for not telling the whole story when the device didn’t explode,” Miller said.

Edgar Steele had a second bomb he was going to detonate under his car after his wife’s death to try to make it look like both had been targeted, according to court testimony.

Sotka and Todd Smith, a federal agent with Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, told the judge the plot likely would not have been uncovered had it not been for Fairfax. But they questioned Fairfax’s assertion that placing tape over the pipe bomb’s fuse would keep it form exploding.

A Spokane County bomb technician called the 12-inch bomb “one of the biggest pipe bombs that he could remember, and they deal with this more frequently than we would like,” Smith said.

Smith said he’s investigated two homicides by pipe bomb “and they were no where near as large as this pipe bomb.”

Fairfax’s wife, Carla, testified that she knew nothing of the plan until her husband was arrested June 15. She and her son, Andrew Fairfax, said Larry Fairfax was the family’s main source of income. The family filed for bankruptcy in April, according to news archives.

Michaud called Fairfax “just not a guy who’s going to leave his family” and said he met Fairfax in the mid-1990s when he needed someone to help with excavation work.

“I have the highest regard for his character,” Michaud said.

Old June 22nd, 2010 #320
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

The fact that this attempted murder of Cyndi would be prosecuted Traci and judged by Candy and reported on by Meghann ...

Can't anybody spell anymore?!

Steele better hope their menstrual cycles don't converge.

Tags
edgar steele

Thread