Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 11th, 2007 #1
Joe Snuffy

Default Max amount of ammo one can have?

Anyone know the legal limit of ammo one can have in possession (at home)? I have heard of limits on powder but not rounds. I live in WA if that makes a difference.

Old August 11th, 2007 #2
Sean Martin

I know you can buy 10,000 rounds at a time without getting a call from the feds. I also saw a sign at Centerfire today that if someone purchases more than 2 handguns in a 7-day period that they (sellers) are required to report it.

I was at Wal-mart a few months back and this one country girl working the gun section was talking about a new girl who moved here from Jersey or something like that. Anyway she said this guy came in and bought over $2,000 dollars worth of ammo and the Jersey girl nearly had a heart attack. She wanted to call the police and all sorts of things before they could get her calmed down.

It is not uncommon here for Flea Market people to buy 10,000 rounds or more. I do know that while I was in a gunstore today the guy there said some company he deals with won’t give certain discounts under 3,000 rounds, of course the ammo can be purchased by anyone in America.

Do a google search “bradybill state by state gun laws”, if your state gets an F or D you should be in the clear. If you get a C do some more research. If it gets a B or an A, forget about it ZOG has a bug under your bed already.

On a side note, after ZOG finished burning all the children and leveling all the buildings at Waco (the Branch Davidians) they found 2,000,000 rounds of unexploded ammo still there. That is two million rounds of ammo that didn’t explode during the fire.

Old August 13th, 2007 #3
Joe Snuffy

I tried to find it but never did. I will just have to ask around.

Old August 13th, 2007 #4
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/st...washington.pdf

That is the current law set for Washington state according to the ATF. It mentions no restrictions on how much ammo you can have.

The gun grabbers (juden hate armed goys) are known to use other sections of law against lawful gun owners. It may be part of the fire code, haz-mat code or even in the laws that decide who is part of an "illegal" militia.

Old August 13th, 2007 #5
Sean Martin

I talked to some people earlier that sale ammo and as far as they know there is no restrictions. They go strictly by the book since they make a lot of money and don’t want to jeopardize the business.

They are thrilled to send out orders of 10,000 or more.

I know you can have 10,000 rounds with no problem where you are. I think that would do all that needs done.

I would store it in steel cans just to be safe.

Old August 14th, 2007 #6
Joe Snuffy

I worked with a guy that reloaded his own and he said you can only have 10 lbs. of powder on hand at any given time so I thought there might be some restrictions on ammo.

Old August 14th, 2007 #7
Sean Martin

4 months ago Wal-Mart had black powder on clearance for $7.00 a pound. I was going to mosey over there and buy a couple pounds since they had 2 shelves full of the stuff. The girl working the sporting goods section said that some woman came in before me and bought all 200 pounds they had in stock.

Borders guns sells powder in 25 pound cans. Most reloading requires at least 10 pounds of powder; if you reload several calibers you may have as much as 15 different types. I haven’t seen powder come in less than 1-pound cans or plastic jars.

I have a reloading book by a guy from Washington; I can’t even come close to spelling his name, as it is about 15 letters. He said he keeps about 200 pounds of powder on hand at all times.

I have googled and can find nothing on the subject.

Go to your local gun store or find one that has a reloading section. If they carry 25-pound drums of powder or will order it then you will know that there is no 10 pound limit.

If you buy a case of 1,000 rounds of ammo such as 7.62x54 there is probably more than 10 pounds of powder in that.

Here are the state laws and I don’t see any limits on powder or ammo.

Congratulations on your D+ that means you get a DANDY.

D+

Washington Receives a "D+" on Laws Shielding Families From Gun Violence
Legislation Grade Comments

---------------------------------------------

Juvenile Possession Law B+ YES, must be 18 for all firearms, broad hunting exemptions

Juvenile Sale/Transfer Law A YES, must be 21 for handguns, 18 for other firearms

Child Access Prevention Law F NONE

Gun Safety Locks and Safer Design Standards F NONE

Allow Cities To Regulate Guns (Non-Preempt) D- VERY LIMITED

Secondary "Private" Sales Background Checks F NO

Carrying Concealed Weapons Law F No police discretion, no training required

Extra Credit Demerits

-----------------------------

5-day waiting period for handgun sales. No Demerits Given

ANTI-TRAFFICKING
Is there a one-handgun-per-month limit on gun sales? No

No state restrictions on gun-trafficking such as a limit on the number of handguns that can be purchased at one time. Gun traffickers can easily buy large quantities of handguns at gun stores and resell them on the street to criminals.

ASSAULT WEAPONS
Are there limitations on assault weapons and magazines? No

No state restriction on the sale or possession of military-style semiautomatic assault weapons like the AK47 and Uzi. Assault weapons are as easy to buy as hunting rifles.

No restriction on the sale or possession of rapid-fire ammunition magazines that can fire up to 100 bullets without reloading.

ATTORNEY GENERAL REGULATIONS
May Attorney General regulate guns? No

Washington: State law does not clearly authorize the Attorney General to independently regulate firearms or establish gun safety standards as part of the Attorney General?s responsibility to protect consumers.

BACKGROUND CHECK AT STATE LEVEL
Do state police perform a background check in addition to federal NICS check? Partial

Washington: State law requires handgun buyers to go through a state-based criminal background check in addition to the federal NICS check. But buyers of long guns (rifles, shotguns and many assault weapons)only go through the more limited federal check. This could create a serious problem since in many states the federal records are not as complete or up-to-date as state records. Failure to check state records may allow prohibited gun buyers, like those under recently-issued restraining orders or those with mental illness, to improperly buy guns. See also: Waiting Period.

BALLISTIC FINGERPRINTING
Must handguns be ballistic fingerprinted prior to sale? No

No state requirement that gun dealers or manufacturers provide police with sample bullets/cartridges or digital images of bullets/cartridges prior to the sale of a handgun, ?ballistic fingerprinting,? which would assist police in tracing bullets at crime scenes to the guns that fired them.

CCW LIMITS
May police limit carrying concealed handguns? No

State law forces police chiefs and state sheriffs to give concealed carry permits (CCW) to anyone who can buy a handgun, allowing them to carry loaded, concealed handguns in public (known as ?shall issue?). Police may not even require safety training in the legal or safe use of weapons for CCW applicants.

CHILD ACCESS PREVENTION - CAP
Are gun owners held accountable for leaving guns accessible to kids? No

No state requirement that gun owners take responsible steps to prevent children from gaining easy access to their firearms. Gun owners are not held accountable for leaving loaded guns around kids, even if a young child shoots themselves or someone else with a gun left in plain sight.

CHILD-SAFETY LOCKS
Must locking devices be sold with guns? No

No state requirement that guns be sold with child-safety locks that could prevent a tragic accident. Child-safety locks cost as little as $10 and could save lives if sold with firearms.

GUN MANUFACTURER ACCOUNTABILITY
Do cities have authority to hold gun makers legally liable? Partial

Washington - Although state law does not specifically discuss city lawsuits against the gun industry, general state law grants special legal immunity to the gun industry no matter whether the lawsuit was filed by a city or an individual.

GUN SHOW CHECKS
Are background checks required at gun shows? No

No state requirement that a Brady criminal background check be done on people buying guns at gun shows if they are sold by "private" individuals or gun "collectors." Gun shows can operate on a "no questions asked, cash-and-carry" basis, making it easy for criminals and even juveniles to buy as many guns as they want at gun shows, including assault weapons. No records are required to be kept on gun show sales by private individuals or gun collectors, making it almost impossible for police to trace such weapons if they are used in a crime.

JUVENILE POSSESSION
Are minors restricted from possessing guns? Yes

State law restricts juveniles under 18 from possessing any firearm without parental permission or authorized supervision. There are broad hunting exemptions.

JUVENILE SALE
Is it illegal to sell guns to kids? Yes

State law restricts selling or giving handguns to juveniles under 21, and other firearms to juveniles under 18, except for supervised loans of firearms or for limited lawful activities (such as hunting).

LICENSE OR PERMIT TO PURCHASE
Is a license/permit required to buy handguns? No

No state requirement that handgun buyers obtain a handgun license or undergo any type of safety training prior to buying a handgun.

LOCAL GUN LAWS - PREEMPTION
May cities enact laws stronger than the state's? No

State law generally restricts local city or county governments from enacting local gun laws, even though the state has failed to pass many responsible state-wide laws. This preemption of local government authority makes it impossible for cities to enact sensible gun laws to make their citizens safer.

RECORD KEEPING
May police maintain gun sale records? Partial

Washington: State law authorizes the department of licensing to keep a record of every handgun purchase application, but the state does not keep any records on the sale of rifles or shotguns or on the "private" sale of handguns by individuals. The handgun sale records are maintained and made available to police for use in gun tracing and related criminal investigations. But the state does not automatically compare past gun sale records with recent criminal activity to identify and disarm felons and others who bought guns legally, but later committed a crime or otherwise became ineligible to keep possession of their firearms.

REGISTRATION
Are all guns registered with law enforcement? No

No state requirement that gun owners register their firearms. Police do not know how many guns are in the state or where they are. The lack of registration data makes it more difficult for police to trace guns used in crime, identify illegal gun traffickers or hold gun owners accountable for their weapons. There is no state system to automatically identify and disarm felons and other prohibited people who bought guns legally in the past, but later committed a crime or otherwise became ineligible to keep possession of their firearms.

SAFETY STANDARDS
Are there consumer safety standards on guns? No

No state requirement that handguns meet any basic safety standards. No requirement that guns be sold with a child-safety lock or a built-in ?personalized? lock to prevent unauthorized use. No requirement that handguns have loaded-chamber indicators or magazine safety disconnects that could prevent unintentional shootings. The state Attorney General is not allowed to independently establish handgun safety standards.

SAFETY TRAINING
Is safety training required for handgun buyers? No

No state requirement that handgun buyers receive any safety training at all. No requirement that handgun buyers demonstrate any familiarity with gun laws or knowledge about safe handling/safe storage of handguns.

SATURDAY NIGHT SPECIALS
Are there limitations on 'junk' handguns? No

No state restriction on the sale of Saturday night specials or "junk" handguns. No requirement that handguns meet any safety tests such as a drop-safety test or a firing-performance test. No restriction on the sale of snub-nosed handguns that are very small and easy to conceal.

SCHOOL ZONES
Is it illegal for CCW permit holders to carry guns into schools? Yes

Washington - state law generally prohibits carrying a concealed handgun into schools, even if the gun owner has a CCW permit.

SECONDARY SALES
Are background checks required on 'private' gun sales? No

No state requirement that criminal background checks be done on people buying firearms at gun shows, swap meets or through newspaper or internet advertisements. Criminal background checks are only required if the buyer goes to a federally-licensed gun store - all other sales are not subject to the background check.

WAITING PERIOD
Is there a waiting period on gun sales? Partial

Washington: State law requires a 5-day waiting period for all handgun sales by federally licensed dealers unless local law enforcement completes a background check and approves a sale in less time. The 5-day period is used by law enforcement to run a criminal background check to make sure the handgun buyer is not prohibited from acquiring firearms. The 5-day period can be extended up to 60 days for new state residents.

http://www.stategunlaws.org/viewstat...hoose_state=Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
I worked with a guy that reloaded his own and he said you can only have 10 lbs. of powder on hand at any given time so I thought there might be some restrictions on ammo.

Last edited by Sean Martin; August 14th, 2007 at 01:15 AM.

Old August 14th, 2007 #8
6KILLER
Banned

Location: Somewhere between lost & found traveling @ a high rate of speed.
Default My state received an F+

My state received an F+

Old August 14th, 2007 #9
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

Current firearms are designed for 'smokeless powder" not black powder. To use black powder in a gun you need to do some calculations as smokeless powder is more powerful. Also be prepared to clean your gun more often as black powder fouls your weapon faster.

Black powder and smokeless powder are not the same. Just so the novices understand.

Black powder is mostly used in black powder rifles, muzzle loading

Old August 14th, 2007 #10
Sean Martin

I discovered that the only place in the Eastern part of Kentucky that has a license to carry “Black Powder” is Borders. Everyone else can only carry pyrodex. Actual Black Powder is not worth the hassle. It will explode with static electricity and if you carry something next to your gun that will create static electricity Black Powder will cause the gun to fire. Black Powder and Pyrodex are not the same thing. If a gun store has one it doesn’t mean they can carry the other one.

Unless you are shooting something pre 1900 there should be no need to recalculate powder charges in a gun. If you are shooting a Rhoda, which was made in the 30’s it was still made for Black Powder. Of course if you are shooting a Rhoda, send me a pic I enjoy seeing guns with a barrel that is 1 inch in diameter. And the cases, primers and slugs have to be hand made.

I don't know anyone that uses actual black powder anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCross View Post
Current firearms are designed for 'smokeless powder" not black powder. To use black powder in a gun you need to do some calculations as smokeless powder is more powerful. Also be prepared to clean your gun more often as black powder fouls your weapon faster.

Black powder and smokeless powder are not the same. Just so the novices understand.

Black powder is mostly used in black powder rifles, muzzle loading

Thread