VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > General Discussion
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old April 10th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default (#1 Nevada Thread) What is going on in Nevada? (Cliven Bundy Ranch and the BLM)

FEDS 'KILLING CATTLE' IN WAR WITH RANCHER
Waco-style confrontation looms in Nevada
Published: 14 hours ago

Federal officials have now taken to killing the calves and cattle of a Nevada rancher as part of a standoff that his family says has the potential to become another Ruby Ridge, where, in 1992, federal agents shot an unarmed Idaho woman holding a newborn infant in her arms.

“We have seen cows with tight bags but no calves on them, who are being moved by the BLM,” Ammon Bundy told WND. “This means they have separated the newborn calves from their mothers and they will eventually die.”

Ammon, 38, is the son of Cliven Bundy, a Nevada rancher whose ties to the area go back to the 1880s and who has been engaged in a land dispute since 1993 with the Bureau of Land Management over long-established cattle-grazing rights.

The elder Bundy is the last rancher operating in Clark County, where he’s been grazing his cattle on a 600,000 acre portion of land managed by the BLM called Gold Butte.

However, after years of wrangling in the courts, last week BLM secured a federal court order declaring Bundy’s herd to be “trespass cattle” and began removing the animals.

While media has reported the cattle seizures, Ammon Bundy says the impression people have is that the cattle are just being re-located. But he says authorities are going far beyond that and are taking actions resulting in the death of many of Cliven’s cattle.

“They are flying helicopters over the herd to chase them,” Ammon said. “It was over 90 degrees here today, and the cattle can’t run very far in this heat before collapsing. This is especially true for the young calves. We have a lot of them being born because it is springtime, and they don’t have the strength to keep up with their mothers when they are running. The cattle then become overheated and die.”

Since 1998, the Gold Butte area has been off-limits to cattle grazing because it has been designated home of the protected desert tortoise. Despite that, ranchers have been continuously using the land. BLM officials say they are tired of local citizens ignoring their regulations, and they believe they have exhausted all other options.

“For more than two decades, cattle have been grazed illegally on public lands in northeast Clark County,” BLM said in a statement. “BLM and (the National Park Service) have made repeated attempts to resolve this matter administratively and judicially. Impoundment of cattle illegally grazing on public lands is an option of last resort.”

Following the actions taken by the federal government, the Center for Biological Diversity, an environmentalist group, praised the federal government for taking action.

“Despite having no legal right to do so, cattle from Bundy’s ranch have continued to graze throughout the Gold Butte area, competing with tortoises for food, hindering the ability of plants to recover from extensive wildfires, trampling rare plants, damaging ancient American Indian cultural sites and threatening the safety of recreationists,” Rob Mrowka, a spokesman for the organization, said in a statement.

The federal government appears to be taking steps to escalate the situation, causing concern the incident could develop into another Ruby Ridge or Waco episode in which federal agents engage in assaults with mass civilian casualties.

Bundy told The Blaze that more than 200 armed federal officers currently are in the area, and his wife Carol said it appears snipers now surround the family’s 150 acre ranch.

Officials would neither confirm nor deny the sniper allegation to The Blaze.

Additionally, Cliven’s son, Dave Bundy was taken into custody after allegedly being roughed up for taking pictures along State Road 170, which has been closed. His camera was confiscated.

“They gave my nephew Dave a concussion, stomped him on the ground to where he has kidney problems,” Kay Sessions, Dave’s aunt, told WND. “They hauled him to jail and interrogated him all night before letting him go. Before they took him to jail officials left him in a hot vehicle for three hours.

“He was trying to get pictures of what government officials are doing and they confiscated his camera and tablet.”

Ammon said while what happened to his brother Dave was bad enough, federal officials have turned up the pressure yet again when they attacked him and members of a group peacefully protesting the removal of the cattle.

“We were protesting peacefully when, suddenly, 14 units with Rangers came off the mountain – 13 of them were armed ranger vehicles with two rangers per unit,” Ammon explained. “There was about 50 of us protesting when we went over to see what was in a dump truck that was with them, because we were afraid this might have been a rendering vehicle, and we wanted to know what was in the back of the truck.”

He said the rangers got out of their vehicles and the conflict escalated.

“Things got pretty ugly for awhile. They threw a 65-year-old woman on the ground, they tased me twice and they had dogs out there.”

The confrontation had the potential to spiral out of control rapidly. The Nevada Militia issued an alert on the Bundy Ranch’s Facebook page calling for supporters to mobilize in the area.

“Nevada Militia is mobilizing and requesting mutual aid if any Winter Soldier wishes to go, no further permission is needed – you may do as you wish. We will be monitoring the situation at this time as a group,” the alert said.

The alert concluded, “If things escalate we will mobilize as a group.”

Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval, a Republican, spoke out in opposition to the BLM’s establishment of so-called “First Amendment areas,” which are the only areas the federal agency will allow Americans to protest the removal.

“Most disturbing to me is the BLM’s establishment of a ‘First Amendment area’ that tramples upon Nevadans’ fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution,” Sandoval said in a statement Tuesday.

Clark County’s sheriff has called for both sides to resolve the issue peacefully, telling the Las Vegas Review-Journal “no drop of human blood is worth spilling over any cow.”

Ammon said while local officials are rattling the saber against the federal incursion, they are not willing to stand up to protect residents of their state and county from federal officials.

“The local sheriff has said they are not going to get involved in what is happening, saying this is a BLM issue,” he said. “This means they are leaving us completely vulnerable, because the BLM are the only side with the weapons and if they decide to use violent force there is nothing we can do.”

Cliven Bundy said he sees the issue as one of long-established rights going back to the early days of America versus a federal government determined to regulate citizens out of business to achieve their own ends.

“I have raised cattle on that land, which is public land for the people of Clark County, all my life. Why I raise cattle there, and why I can raise cattle there, is because I have preemptive rights,” he said, explaining that among them is the right to forage.

“Who is the trespasser here? Who is the trespasser on this land? Is the United States trespassing on Clark County, Nevada, land? Or is it Cliven Bundy who is trespassing on Clark County, Nevada, land? Who’s the trespasser?”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/04/feds-char...2WTVdEluPtf.99

Old April 10th, 2014 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

200 Armed Federal Agents And Snipers Show Up At Ranch To Confiscate Cattle (Video)

By Dominic Kelly, Thu, April 10, 2014

A Nevada rancher was greeted by more than 200 federal agents and snipers who showed up to make a blow in a 20-year long dispute over property fees.

Cliven Bundy has, for over 20 years now, refused to pay fees to the federal government so that he can raise cattle on land that’s been in his family for over 140 years. After years of battle, reports say that the Bureau of Land Management obtained a court order to remove almost 1,000 cattle from Bundy’s property.

“They’re carrying the same things a soldier would,” said Bundy to the Free Beacon. “Automatic weapons, sniper rifles, top communication, top surveillance equipment, lots of vehicles. It’s heavy soldier type equipment.”

“The battle’s been going on for 20 years,” explained Bundy. “What’s happened the last two weeks, the United States government, the bureaus are getting this army together and they’re going to get their job done and they’re going to prove two things. They’re going to prove they can do it, and they’re gonna prove that they have unlimited power, and that they control the policing power over this public land. That’s what they’re trying to prove.”

The Free Beacon reports that the removal of the cattle from Bundy’s ranch will cost the federal government upwards of $3 million, and so far, almost half are already off the land.

“We’re surrounded,” said Carol Bundy, Cliven’s wife. “We’re estimating that there are over 200 armed BLM, FBI. We’ve got surveillance cameras at our house, they’re probably listening to me talk to you right now.”

Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval has publicly condemned the BLM for their recent aggressive actions against Bundy.

“No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans,” said Sandoval. “The BLM needs to reconsider its approach to this matter and act accordingly.”

Still, BLM spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon says that Bund owes over $1 million in unpaid fees that have added up after 20 years of dispute.

"Mr. Bundy has been in trespass on public lands for more than 20 years," said Cannon.

Bundy says he will continue to fight back against what he says are attacks against “freedom and liberty and the Constitution.”

Video Piece:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...e-cattle-video

Old April 10th, 2014 #3
varg

Federal agents use potentially lethal tasers on protesters at Nevada ranch

Obama’s BLM slaughtered over 800 of these endangered tortoises last year! Now they want to seize property from a cattle rancher under the guise of protecting the same tortoises.

Obama’s Bureau of Land Management [BLM] is provoking outrage all across the Western United States. Now it is seizing property from a cattle rancher in Nevada. The seizure is being done under the guise of protecting an endangered tortoise. However, last year the BLM euthanized over 800 of the same tortoises!

The ranch has been owned by the same family since the 1870s.

Protesters rushed to the ranch to protest the seizure of private property by the BLM. Federal agents used potentially lethal tasers on protesters at the ranch.

Dozens of people die from being tased every year. The BLM is currently being sued in California by someone who claims BLM agents held him down and tased him in the groin.

The Obama regime has also placed snipers on the property.

Growing anger over the BLM is driving secessionist movements in the West.

http://news4whites.blogspot.com/2014...ly-lethal.html

Old April 10th, 2014 #4
Squarehead Chris

I guess big joo is not content with controlling only the two-legged cattle in amerikwa.

Old April 10th, 2014 #5
Alex Linder
Administrator

is this a big thing on tv now? like minute-by-minute or just internet interest?

Old April 10th, 2014 #6
Dan Hadaway

All that environmental stuff is just an excuse. They wouldn't send in the hundreds of agents over some turtles. When do they ever do that? They want his land for something. I wouldn't doubt if they get their way they pave over it for some military use or maybe even just a shopping mall. I hope those turtles like Calvin Klein.

Old April 10th, 2014 #7
GREG IN SPOKANE

Re the video where's Maurice Clemons when you need him?

Old April 10th, 2014 #8
Robert Ransdell

Bundy said it best at the end of the article, they are trying to regulate private citizens out of business. Typical crap excuse about the issue being about the protection of a stupid tortoise - that is what is perhaps most disgusting about the slimy enemy we face, they never can be forthright about their tyranny, in the nature of the Jew they always lie and deceive about their intentions and motivations.

The world would hate this country much less if they were just open about it, just be open about the thievery and thuggish action, you would at least be being honest.

I guess it was nice to see those people out there protesting, but it didn't seem much different than the crowds that gathered outside Waco and Ruby Ridge, it sadly usually ends up being a few people having the guts to refuse to stand down and they get liquidated while everyone else present resolves just to tell the story later on.

Our liberty will only be secured if people are more concerned with confronting evil than playing cameraman, there is a time when all those cameras and phones you see being pointed at the jackbooted thugs will need to be replaced with something more substantial, not sure if that group of folks would have what it takes to deal with the reality of that.

The Internet is something that is a variable that was not there during Waco and Ruby Ridge.

Old April 10th, 2014 #9
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hadaway View Post
All that environmental stuff is just an excuse. They wouldn't send in the hundreds of agents over some turtles. When do they ever do that? They want his land for something. I wouldn't doubt if they get their way they pave over it for some military use or maybe even just a shopping mall. I hope those turtles like Calvin Klein.
This ranch is in Clark County NV. Just north and west of Clark County is Nye County.

Here is an announcement of a gigantic oil and gas lease sale by the BLM. I'm betting the same thing for Clark County. They need to get his cattle off the land for an oil and gas lease.

Here is the lease announcement: http://www.hotcreekoil.com

Mike

Old April 10th, 2014 #10
keifer

My stompin grounds....will be sure to keep an eye on this. Thanks for the posts.

Old April 10th, 2014 #11
keifer

Apparently, militia getting involved.
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04...-nevada-ranch/

Old April 10th, 2014 #12
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
is this a big thing on tv now? like minute-by-minute or just internet interest?
So far, little to none. One short mention and video on RT (Russia Today.) One short mention on FOX.

On internet, only the usually sites. One line with no elaboration on Drudge.

Mike

Old April 10th, 2014 #13
keifer

Bundy speaks at town meeting.
http://www.infowars.com/cliven-bundy...ting-blm-feds/

Old April 10th, 2014 #14
Tom Bowie

I started this yesterday and not as a petition; I don't care about what the HNIC has to say. It's simply a billboard from my point of view.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...evada/7VC9TNZ3

The problem is, that it needs 150 initials (any initials from any e-mail) to become public.

Pack of breath mints $1.39 /// Soda $1.69 /// Using the Fed Website to advertise Fed Misconduct; priceless.

Yes, I'm a ornery old so-and-so, who will not shut up and remain silent. (Just ask my wife.)

Old April 10th, 2014 #15
Stephen De Grene

This is really a question of property rights. Does the HNIC along with his Kike puppet masters and their fed underlings have the right to arbitrarily claim land for themselves that has been put to use by private citizens without due process and compensation, or does the land belong to a White American family who has homesteaded it and grazed on it for over 135 years?

Interesting video from the Jewish Anarchist Kokesh. Taking that into account, it provides some info on the situation. Apparently this is really about a federal land grab for fracking.

Old April 11th, 2014 #16
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Denver View Post
So far, little to none. One short mention and video on RT (Russia Today.) One short mention on FOX.

On internet, only the usually sites. One line with no elaboration on Drudge.

Mike
Ah ok, thanks.

Old April 11th, 2014 #17
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post
Apparently, militia getting involved.
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04...-nevada-ranch/
If more than a dozen "militia" show up I'll be shocked.

Old April 11th, 2014 #18
Alex Linder
Administrator

Cowboys steal their cattle BACK in tense showdown over Nevada's last rancher:

-Protesters break federal blockade as militias threaten to join fight and pregnant
woman claims she was assaulted by agents
- Rancher's son claims 20 cowboys managed to break the blockade
- They had 'small confrontation' with federal agents but no arrests were made
- The family claims to have owned the 600,000 acres of Gold Butte since 1870
- But the Bureau of Land Management say they are grazing their herd illegally
- Row began in 1993 when land was reclassified as to federal property
- Government claimed change was necessary to protect a rare desert tortoise
- Federal officers swooped Tuesday equipped with helicopters and snipers
- They have reportedly seized around 350 of the 900 head herd
- Tensions escalated after private militias poured in to support the family

11 April 2014

Ammon Bundy says 20 cowboys managed to break the blockade and retrieve 30 of his family's cattle

The son of the Nevada rancher locked in an increasingly tense land dispute with the federal government, says their cowboys managed to break a blockade and retrieve around 30 head of cattle.

Federal agents swooped on Tuesday after Cliven Bundy, dubbed the last remaining rancher in southern Nevada, refused to remove his herd of 900 cows from land he claims has been in his family since 1870.

The heavily-armed federal agents, equipped with eight helicopters and backed-up by snipers, surrounded the Bundy ranch after the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) attained a federal court order to confiscate the family's herd.

But Mr Bundy's son Ammon said a posse of 20 cowboys managed to break the blockade and following a brief confrontation with a small number of agents, they were able to retrieved some of the animals.

The cattle grab came after supporters of Mr Bundy had earlier told a town hall meeting that the showdown was like a 'warzone'.

Margaret Houston, Cliven Bundy's sister and a cancer survivor, told those gathered Wednesday at a town hall meeting that the scene 'was like a war zone, I felt like I was not in the United States.'

Armed private militias have even threatened to join the family in its fight against the government, according to 8 News Now.

However, local leaders of the protests have warned supporters of the Bundys not to wear camoflage and to keep any weapons they bring in their vehicles.

'Serious bloodshed was narrowly avoided,' the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported, as dogs were also socked on a pregnant woman and the rancher's son was shot with a taser, witnesses said.

Mr Bundy told infowars.com: 'We gathered about 30 head.

'We did have a small confrontation with them, but they didn’t have the forces to do a whole lot.

'They couldn’t mobilize fast enough and we were able to gather those cattle and get them to the ranch.'

Cliven Bundy has been battling the BLM since 1993 when he refused to pay for grazing rights after 600,000 acres of public land were reclassified as federal property.
Land managers claimed the change was necessary to protect a rare desert tortoise and limited the Bundy herd to just 150 head.

The government insists it is federal land which Bundy is using illegally claiming he owes more than $1.1 million in unpaid grazing fees and has consistently disregarded federal court orders to remove his animals.

At least three people have been arrested while protesting the removal of the cattle with armed private militias rallying to support the family in what is being seen locally as a First Amendment fight against a bullying federal government.

Tensions escalated yesterday after a spokesperson for one of the militias claimed he 'isn't afraid to shoot.'

More...

'It was like a war zone': Battle between southern Nevada's last rancher and feds escalates as pregnant woman and cancer survivor assaulted by agents, private militias join the fight

Margaret Houston, Cliven Bundy's sister and a cancer survivor, told those gathered Wednesday at a town hall meeting that the scene 'was like a war zone, I felt like I was not in the United States.'

'Serious bloodshed was narrowly avoided,' the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported, as dogs were also socked on a pregnant woman and the rancher's son was shot with a taser, witnesses said.

At the center of it all: Cliven Bundy claims the land is his, but the government disagrees

No passage: Federal law enforcement officers block a road into the land Bundy claims is his

Bloodied: Krissy Thornton, right, looks at blood from a taser wound on Ammon Bundy

The arrests were made at nearby Overton Marina, where cattle moved off the land are being held by BLM agents, according to the station.

Clashes erupted soon after the armed agents began trying to impose their will on the protesters.

Video emerged Wednesday of Ammon Bundy, the rancher's son, being tased multiple times by authorities to the point his shirt was soaked in blood.

Houston claimed during that town hall meeting that an agent threw her to the ground.
'All of a sudden I get hit from the back, it was like a football tackle,' she said. 'They took me and just threw me down to the ground.'

She was not hurt in the incident, but said she was 'shocked that somebody would actually do this.'

A BLM spokesperson told 8 News Now the protests turned violent after one of the protesters kicked one of the K-9 units.

The incidents did not deter the family from defiantly pressing on.

Abusive: Margaret Houston, Cliven Bundy's sister, claims an agent threw her to the ground

They won't go: Charlie Brown holds up a sign Thursday from the Bureau of Land Management's 'first amendment area' during a protest of the Bureau of Land

Management's roundup of cattle near Bunkerville +24

They won't go: Charlie Brown holds up a sign Thursday from the Bureau of Land

Management's 'first amendment area' during a protest of the Bureau of Land

Management's roundup of cattle near Bunkerville

Ancestral: Bundy claims the land has been in his family since the 1870s

'These are heavily armed individuals with fully automatic weapons,' Ammon Bundy told the station.

Another protester, from Utah, accused the BLM agents of 'Throwing women to the ground, tasing them [and] sicking K-9 dogs on them,' in comments to the station.

The claims of brutality have resulted in private militias taking up the Bundys' cause.

'That is what we do, we provide armed response,' Jim Lordy with Operation Mutual Aid told the station, adding that he isn't afraid to shoot.

'They have guns,' he continued. 'We need guns to protect ourselves from the tyrannical government.'

The Montana native claimed 'many more' militias are on their way to join their brothers in arms. They appear to be organizing via Twitter using the hashtags #BundyRanch and #rangewar.

'They all tell me they are in the process of mobilizing as we speak,' Ryan Payne boasted to the Review-Journal.

Groups from as far away as New Hampshire and Florida are expected, he added.

A higher cause: Krissy Thornton, right, and Burgundy Hall protest Wednesday with others - they say the cows are a proxy for the freedoms of all Americans
Continuing on: Jim Olson puts up a flag near what was the Bureau of Land Management's 'first amendment area' +24

Continuing on: Jim Olson puts up a flag near what was the Bureau of Land Management's 'first amendment area'

One Twitter account even released the exact GPS coordinates of the ranch and advised people to 'bring cellphone chargers and cameras.'

Another quoted former president John Adams, saying that 'resistance by arms, against usurpation and lawless violence, is not rebellion by the law of God or the land.'

Both sides have dug in, and the militias feel they are doing their patriotic duty - the rising tensions are beginning to worry locals.

'These people that are coming in could totally disrupt everything,' one told the station. 'That frightens me. That absolutely frightens me.'

Claiming that the government has 'brought everything but tanks and rocket launchers', Bundy said his livelihood is being taken away from him by agents carrying, 'automatic weapons, sniper rifles, top communication, top surveillance.'

Defiance: Cliven Bundy, (right), and friend, Clance Cox, stand at the Bundy ranch near Bunkerville Nevada on Saturday during the escalation of their dispute with the Federal Government

'The battle’s been going on for 20 years,' Bundy told the Washington Free Beacon from his ranch 75 miles outside of Las Vegas.

'What’s happened the last two weeks, the United States government, the bureaus are getting this army together and they’re going to get their job done and they’re going to prove two things.

'They’re going to prove they can do it, and they’re gonna prove that they have unlimited power, and that they control the policing power over this public land. That’s what they’re trying to prove.'

Nine helicopters were circling the land Thursday, and federal officials have seized about 350 of Bundy's 908 cattle, according to various reports.

It is estimated that impounding them will cost upwards of $3 million.

Blockade: Federal law enforcement personnel block access to thousands of acres of BLM land that have been temporarily closed so they can round up the cattle
Pressure and surveillance: A helicopter takes off from a staging area of Bureau of Land Management vehicles and other government vehicles off of Riverside Road near Bunkerville, Nevada over the weekend +24

Pressure and surveillance: A helicopter takes off from a staging area of Bureau of Land Management vehicles and other government vehicles off of Riverside Road near Bunkerville, Nevada over the weekend

Property: Cattle belonging to Cliven Bundy are rounded up with a helicopter near Bunkerville Nevada on Monday, April 7, 2014. The Bureau of Land Management has begun to round up what they call 'trespass cattle' that rancher Cliven Bundy has been grazing in the Gold Butte area 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas +24

Property: Cattle belonging to Cliven Bundy are rounded up with a helicopter near Bunkerville Nevada on Monday, April 7, 2014. The Bureau of Land Management has begun to round up what they call 'trespass cattle' that rancher Cliven Bundy has been grazing in the Gold Butte area 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas

The BLM has released a statement on its website regarding the matter, saying, 'cattle have been in trespass on public lands in Southern Nevada for more than two decades.

'This is unfair to the thousands of other ranchers who graze livestock in compliance with federal laws and regulations throughout the west.

'The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and the National Park Service (NPS) have made repeated attempts to resolve this matter administratively and judicially.'
Bundy said he doesn't recognize federal authority on land that he says belongs to the state of Nevada.

Speaking to the press on the outskirts of his land, the rancher said he has 'raised cattle on that land, which is public land for the people of Clark County, all [his] life.'

Constitutional: Contractors for the Bureau of Land Management round up cattle belonging to Cliven Bundy with a helicopter near Bunkerville, Nevada on Monday
Control: A Bureau of Land Management ranger stands guard at the entrance of a staging area near Mesquite, Nevada on Saturday, April 5, 2014 +24

Control: A Bureau of Land Management ranger stands guard at the entrance of a staging area near Mesquite, Nevada on Saturday, April 5, 2014

Rights: A helicopter takes off from a staging area of Bureau of Land Management vehicles and other government vehicles off of Riverside Road near Bunkerville

'Why I raise cattle there and why I can raise cattle there is because I have preemptive rights,' he added, explaining that, among them, is the right to forage.

'Who is the trespasser here? Who is the trespasser on this land? Is the United States trespassing on Clark County, Nevada, land?

'Or is it Cliven Bundy who is trespassing on Clark County, Nevada, land? Who’s the trespasser?'

The veteran rancher has consistently maintained that Washington has no right to order him from the land through his decades-long battle.

The BLM has 'overstepped its boundaries by not letting me access my rights, not recognizing state’s sovereignty, and having over 200 armed officers watching our every move and stealing our cattle,' Bundy said.

Cliven Bundy supporters tased in violent standoff with feds

Resilient: Cliven Bundy, right, and Clance Cox, left, stand at the Bundy ranch near Bunkerville in defiance of the Federal Government

Conference: Cliven Bundy speaks on a phone in his home near Bunkerville, Nevada on Tuesday as he battles the confiscation of his cattle

Free speech? Cliven Bundy walks by a first amendment area set up by the Bureau of Land Management near Bunkerville

Help: Supporters prepare to rally for Cliven Bundy at the Bundy ranch near Bunkerville Nevada on Monday, April 7, 2014

On Wednesday, officials from the federal Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service didn't immediately respond to Gov. Brian Sandoval's call for the BLM to 'reconsider its approach and act accordingly' in the ongoing roundup of about 900 cattle roaming a vast area about half the size of the state of Delaware.

Savage: Dave Bundy, son of embattled Bunkerville rancher Cliven Bundy claims he was taken into custody by federal agents on Sunday afternoon along state Route 170 near Mesquite. He was released Monday after being issued citations for failing to disperse and resisting arrest

'No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans,' Sandoval said in a statement released after business hours Tuesday.

The showdown pits Cliven Bundy's claims of ancestral rights to graze his cows on open range against federal claims that the cattle are trespassing on arid and fragile habitat of the endangered desert tortoise.

The Republican governor weighed in after several days of news coverage and radio talk show commentary about blocked roads and armed federal agents fanning out around Bundy's ranch while contractors using helicopters and vehicles herd cows into portable pens in rugged and remote areas.

Sandoval's comments came the same day the U.S. Senate confirmed Neil Kornze, a Nevada native, as the new BLM director.

Kornze is a natural resource manager who grew up in Elko and served previously as a senior adviser to Senate Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid.

Sandoval is a former state attorney general and federal district court judge in a state with deep roots in states' rights disputes including the Sagebrush Rebellion of the 1970s and '80s.

Nevada was among Western states where ranchers challenged federal ownership of land they said was theirs.

People power: People help erect a pole to hang a banner during a rally in support of Cliven Bundy near Bunkerville Nevada on Monday

The governor said he was most offended that armed federal officials have tried to corral people protesting the roundup into a fenced-in 'First Amendment area' south of the resort city of Mesquite.

Dispute: The desert tortoise lives primarily in the southwest of the United States and has seen its population decrease by up to 90 percent in recent years

The site 'tramples upon Nevadans' fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution' and should be dismantled, Sandoval said.

BLM spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon and Park Service spokeswoman Christie Vanover have told reporters during daily conference calls that free-speech areas were established so agents could ensure the safety of contractors, protesters, the rancher and his supporters.

The current roundup covers a dusty, windswept 1,200-square-mile area dotted with hardy mesquite and yucca, wispy cheatgrass and scenic rock formations north of the Lake Mead reservoir.

The dispute between Bundy and the federal government dates to 1993, when land managers cited concern for the federally protected tortoise and capped Bundy's herd at 150 animals on a 250-square-mile range land allotment.

BLM spokeswoman Cannon said Bundy has racked up more than $1.1 million in unpaid grazing fees while disregarding several federal court orders to remove his animals.

We shall not be moved: John Banks holds up a banner during a rally in support of Cliven Bundy near Bunkerville Nev. Monday, April 7, 2014, 2014. The Bureau of Land Management has begun to round up what they call 'trespass cattle' that rancher Cliven Bundy has been grazing in the Gold Butte area 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas
Bundy estimates the unpaid fees total about $300,000. He notes that his Mormon family's 19th century melon farm in the Virgin River bottomland and ranch operation

in surrounding areas predates creation of the federal Bureau of Land Management in 1946.

BLM and Park Service officials see threats in Bundy's promise to "do whatever it takes" to protect his property, and in his characterization that the dispute constitutes a "range war."

But since the cattle roundup began Saturday, there has been one arrest.

Bundy's son, Dave Bundy, 37, was taken into custody Sunday as he watched the roundup from State Route 170.

He was released Monday with bruises on his face and a citation accusing him of refusing to disperse and resisting arrest. A court date has not been set.

His mother, Carol Bundy, alleged that her son was roughed up by BLM police.
Meanwhile, federal officials say 277 cows have been collected since Saturday in the rangeland that has been closed to the public through May 12. A roundup contract totals $966,000.

Cannon said state veterinarian and brand identification officials will determine what becomes of the impounded cattle.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...16_634x438.jpg

Old April 11th, 2014 #19
Alex Linder
Administrator

- only thing that can reign the feds in is people standing up to it
- the desert tortoise thing is a scam; my uncle found gold in the mtns on cal-nev border, it was developed into a productive mine but took ten years of legal wrangling, with the antis making the mining company construct all sorts of things for tortoises...that had never been seen where the mine was. it's a pretext for the feds and/or environmental groups to extract concessions.
- the free-speech zone - just as we saw in knoxville. the courts let the cops decide where people are allowed to speak freely. this is an unjust court decision, and people must restore order by refusing to obey it. free speech means free fucking speech. not free speech at a time and place and location Officer Safety feels comfortable with. you get what you tolerate.

Old April 11th, 2014 #20
John from Canada
Banned

Blue niggers showing their true (Jew) colors.

Thread