VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 17th, 2014 #1
Hellenic Pagan

Default Ethnic Nationalism and State Power

"I'm trying to find an affordable copy - my library doesn't carry it."

Ethnic Nationalism and State Power: The Rise of Irish Nationalism, Afrikaner Nationalism and Zionism - by Mark Suzman (Jun 19 1999)

Customer Reviews

Palestinians, Armenians, Albanians, Tamils, Chechens-around the world, ethnic groups fight to forge their own nation states. What is the secret of success? In this excellent book, Dr Mark Suzman, one of the few to have predicted the fall of the Afrikaner regime in South Africa, reveals the ingredients of successful ethnic nationalism.

The book rests on three case studies-Afrikaner nationalism, Irish nationalism, and Zionism. All three share a number of features. First, all were formerly under British rule. Second, all grew from a pre-existing ethnic culture based on language and religion-and a sense of discrimination coupled with a history of violent struggles against other ethnic groups. Third, all three had a significant literate class that could formulate the ideology of the nationalist movement-and strengthen the symbols and trappings of nationalism. Perhaps the most extraordinary example of this is the deliberate resurrection of Hebrew from an ancient religious language read by scholars and rabbis to a flourishing modern language spoken by millions. Fourth, all three movements were able to gather popular support through the promise of patronage and wealth once power had been seized. And finally, all were highly organised, having erected a parallel state apparatus that could be swiftly transformed into the real thing.

But alas for the nationalists of the world-and luckily for the rest of us-there is no magic bullet. As Dr Suzman emphasizes, while these features are necessary constituents of successful ethnic nationalism, they are scarcely sufficient. Factors external to the nationalist movement also matter. For example, if the regime that the nationalists are seeking to overturn or replace is strong-and seen by others in the international community to be legitimate-then the nationalists will have a much harder time winning through. For aspiring ethnic nationalists, gathering the support of the international community will ultimately be at least as important as the internal structure of the movement itself.

I have long admired Dr Suzman in secret; I am thrilled that the publication of this wonderful book allows me to make my admiration public.

Old July 18th, 2014 #2
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Just an educated guess here, HP, but perhaps the reason you couldn't find this work in your local library is because of the very last word in the book's subtitle: Zionism. That in itself is enough to scare the bejeezus out of any brainwashed-by-the-jew boob of a librarian; the fear of being labeled an antisemite for merely stocking such "hateful trash" can be one powerful hindrance to those even contemplating such an outrageous stunt: the outright questioning of the zionist agenda.

I was stunned to find works by the "controversial" jew historian and political activist Norman Finkelstein in a Barnes & Noble bookstore about ten years back. Finkelstein is deemed controversial by the jewsmedia because of books he's authored such as The Holocaust Industry and A Nation on Trial; the former questioning the ulterior motives of the perpetrators of $hoah business; the latter a how-to and what-for refutation of the exterminationists' current golden boy Daniel Goldhagen and his ludicrous contention in Hitler's Willing Executioners that the run-of-the-mill citizen of NS Germany encouraged, and actually assisted, AH & Co. in their supposed attempt to annihilate the jews of Europe. Why, how dare they offer up books questioning the official, etched-in-granite version of the Holocaust? a well-behaved lemming might wonder. But not to fear, O, grossly misinformed one: Finkelstein is an exterminationist to the core; claims, like every other fuckin' jew on the planet, that a shitload of his relatives were snuffed in the gas chambers of eastern Poland. This being the case, and after much wringing of hands and serious doubt as to whether this would fly with those who determine what and what's not to be read in "freedom of thought/speech/press-loving" America, the brave souls at Barnes & Noble decided to go ahead and risk publishing his works. Consequently -- and, naturally -- Finkelstein's been ostracized by jewry; is persona non grata; a pariah who's all but unemployable in his field at this point in time.

Old July 19th, 2014 #3
Hellenic Pagan

Almost forgot I posted here. Thanks for the reply.

My library may have decided to censor the book so as to avoid offending the Jewish lobby; my guess is a lack of demand. Fortunately I was able to track down a copy which is available in my area.

Can't say I've read anything from Finkelstein, however I am familiar with his activism through social media. When it comes to questioning Jews and Zionism, like many others, I usually prefer to avoid it. However that's slowly changing.

Old July 21st, 2014 #4
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellenic Pagan View Post
When it comes to questioning Jews and Zionism, like many others, I usually prefer to avoid it. However that's slowly changing.
Therein lies the whole problem, doesn't it? -- the fear the trembling goyim have of merely questioning the jew; of somehow "offending" God's Precious Brats. And to paraphrase what a very wise man once said of the jew (if I'm not mistaken, it was Edgar Steele), those who are whispered about most are the ones truly in power; the ones to be feared most -- words to that effect anyway.

Fear of being tarred with the worn-to-a-frazzle racist brush is bad enough; but nothing scares the shit out of Joe Six-pack and Sally Soccer-mom more than having that most dreaded brush of all looming over their heads, and threatening to plant its indelible stamp on their chests: that Scarlet "A" -- in this case, "A" as in antisemite.

And Hester Prynne thought she had it bad when ostracized from ultra-fucked up Puritan society? when she became a pariah for committing the crime of adultery? Hah! Bitch, you never had it so good.

Old July 21st, 2014 #5
Hugh
Holorep survivor

A typical Jewish attempt to rewrite history. First 25 pages:
Google search 9780230598089
click on
http://www.palgraveconnect.com/pc/polintstudback/browse/inside/inline/9780230598089.pdf?chapterDoi=$%7Bchapter.getDoiWithoutPrefix()%7D.

Review from
http://www.bookdepository.com/Ethnic.../9780312220280
"This controversial book rejects the view that the growth of Irish nationalism, Afrikaner nationalism and Zionism was due primarily to issues of race, religion or language. Instead, drawing on a new analytical framework and close historical analysis, it shows how their ultimate success was the result of political, economic and organizational factors conditioned by sustained conflict with the existing state and other ethnic groups."
Endquote

Absolute rubbish. What actually happened in the case of the Afrikaners, was that 6 men formed the Broederbond, or Brotherhood/League of Brothers after WW 1, with the intention of creating an Afrikaner state for their Afrikaner nation.

Afrikaners were already united via the Calvinist Nederduits Gereformeerde Kerk/Netherlands/German Reformed church, and through the church, the Broederbond promoted Christian nationalism, a nation and country for Gods chosen people, themselves.

They did the exact opposite of what Suzman is claiming. They insisted Afrikaners were a separate nation, insisted that it was founded by Gods will, that Afrikaans be spoken, formed their own schools, colleges and universities where it was the only language spoken, translated textbooks etc into Afrikaans. All state documents had to be in both languages, and the country be dual language based, they organised via the church, and despite their hatred of the English, organised the country explicitly on the basis of race.

For Suzman, a name as Jewish as Moses, to say that the nation that instituted apartheid was not based upon race and language and religion, when it was actually called Afrikaner Christian Nationalism, is an absolute lie, typical of Jews of course.

They rose to power steadily via cells formed primarily within the civil service, and in 1945, following a large influx of Germans, extremely wealthy, received massive funding, and 3 years later became the government.
They set about creating their own bank, own life and property insurance companies, owned by them, and in time there were some 10 000 in cells across the country, financial sectors of the corporate world particularly.

They focused almost all their attention though on gaining government power within the civil service, police and military. Through that, they could implement their policies as they pleased. In the end , out of a nation of some 2.5 million adults, close to a 1 million Afrikaners were employed directly or indirectly by the state, they dominated every aspect absolutely.

Every Afrikaner president, prime minister, almost all their MPs, generals and those in key positions in the civil service, from 1948 to 1994 were Broeders/Brothers.

They created an ultra nationalist country that was as close to paradise as one can get.

What the actual architect of apartheid had to say 2:00 onwards

Thread