Default Matt Single

Matt Single received a £200 fine.

Old September 1st, 2009 #2
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Owens View Post
Matt Single received a £200 fine.
Is that it? Pathetic - I'm glad I couldn't go now. What about Sadie, or haven't you heard yet?

Old September 1st, 2009 #3
Bev
drinking tea

Sadie had charges dropped. Matt admitted it.

Old September 1st, 2009 #4
Bev
drinking tea

http://shieldwallpatriot.blogspot.co...le-guilty.html

A former member of the British National Party has been fined £200 after admitting publishing the details of some 10,000 party members online.
Matthew Single, 37, formerly of Church Lane, Brinsley, Notts, was fined by Nottingham magistrates after admitting disclosing data without consent.
He was arrested after a complaint from the party leader Nick Griffin.
The names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of some party supporters were leaked in November.
District Judge John Stobart also ordered Single to pay £100 towards the cost of the prosecution.
The judge told Single: "Anything that is posted on the internet has the effect of opening a Pandora's box.
"What you put on the internet can never be taken from it and while there may be some members in this organisation who do not deserve to be protected by the law (who the hell is he to say who should have protection and who should not), they should be able to expect that officers within the organisation will not abuse the information provided to them.
"The law exists to save people from such revenge attacks."
Judge Stobart added: "It came as a surprise to me, as it will to many members of the party, that to do something as foolish and as criminally dangerous as you did will only incur a financial penalty.
"It comes as no surprise to me that somebody to do with an organisation that prides itself on Britishness is in fact living off the British people on Job Seeker's Allowance and that is why the fine is so low as to be ridiculous. (would he have said anything to an assylum seeker, living off this Country - I think not?? Common Purpose Judge???)"
The charges were dropped against Single's wife, Sadie Graham-Single. The 30-year-old was not at the court (maybe alls not well in paradise).

Old September 1st, 2009 #5
Bev
drinking tea

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Pol...Members_Online

Matthew Single has admitted leaking names, addresses and contact details on a blog in 2008.

The list provoked uproar after BNP members were revealed to be current and former servicemen, teachers and doctors.

A serving police officer was sacked by Merseyside Police after it discovered he had been a member.

A spokeswoman for the force said: "A Merseyside Police misconduct panel has dismissed Constable Steve Bettley after concluding he had knowingly been a member of the British National Party from March 2007 and up to March 2008."

Officers are banned from joining or promoting the BNP because it would damage race relations, according to the Association of Chief Police Officers.

District Judge John Stobart also ordered Mr Single to pay £100 towards the cost of the prosecution.

It was revealed in court that more than 160 complaints were made to police following attacks on BNP members and their property.

An investigation was launched after BNP party leader Nick Griffin lodged a complaint with Dyfed-Powys police, his local force, on the grounds that publishing the list breached human rights and data protection laws.

from the BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/8231475.stm

A former member of the British National Party has been fined £200 after admitting publishing the details of some 10,000 party members online.

Matthew Single, 37, formerly of Church Lane, Brinsley, Notts, was fined by Nottingham magistrates after admitting disclosing data without consent.

The names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of some party supporters were leaked in November.

Judge John Stobart said the fine was "low" because Single was on benefits.

District Judge Stobart also ordered Single to pay £100 towards the cost of the prosecution.

Revenge attacks

The judge told Single: "Anything that is posted on the internet has the effect of opening a Pandora's box.

"What you put on the internet can never be taken from it and while there may be some members in this organisation who do not deserve to be protected by the law, they should be able to expect that officers within the organisation will not abuse the information provided to them.

"The law exists to save people from such revenge attacks."

Nick Griffin
BNP leader Nick Griffin said data protection laws had been breached

Judge Stobart added: "It came as a surprise to me, as it will to many members of the party, that to do something as foolish and as criminally dangerous as you did will only incur a financial penalty.

"It comes as no surprise to me that somebody to do with an organisation that prides itself on Britishness is in fact living off the British people on Job Seeker's Allowance and that is why the fine is so low as to be ridiculous."

The charges were dropped against Single's wife, Sadie Graham-Single. Single, an unemployed engineer, was accused in November 2008 of leaking the BNP's membership list in an online blog.

The list contained the names, addresses and contact details of some party members. Among those names were current and former servicemen, teachers, doctors and a police officer.

The court heard that the couple had relocated to the south of England and the judge upheld an order preventing their new address being released.

There was pretty serious stuff after what happened. People were fearful for their safety
Det Sgt Chris Reynolds

Mrs Graham-Single, 30, a recruitment consultant who has one 14-month-old child with her husband and is expecting twins, was not in court.

Outside court, Det Sgt Chris Reynolds said he was disappointed with the result.

Mr Reynolds said: "There was pretty serious stuff after what happened. People were fearful for their safety.

"There was an arson attack on a vehicle, there were daubings and malicious communications. White powder was also put through people's letterboxes purporting to be anthrax and there were daubings of swastikas on garage doors and on homes."

It was disclosed in court that more than 160 complaints were made nationally to police following attacks on BNP members and their property.

Pair expelled

The police investigation was launched after BNP party leader Nick Griffin lodged a complaint with Dyfed-Powys police, his local force, on the grounds that publishing the list breached human rights and data protection laws.

BNP spokesman John Walker said some of the party's members were now considering civil cases against Single and his wife.

He said they had both been expelled from the party in late 2007 after sending out a mailshot to members containing their details.

The BNP leadership then obtained a court order banning them both from publishing the list, Mr Walker said.

Mr Walker added: "It's an absolute disgrace. As far as I'm concerned, it should have been a custodial sentence although I do know that there haven't been very many cases brought yet.

"There have been some real victims in this case. People had their homes attacked and some people have lost their jobs."

Amazing how they get their address protected from being released, isn't it? Pair of hypocritical scumbags.

Last edited by Bev; September 1st, 2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: add BBC story and link

Old September 1st, 2009 #6
Joe Owens
Banned

Griffin needs to be more careful who he gives members personal data too.

Old September 1st, 2009 #7
Charlie-Horse
Elusive Pimpernel

Matt could do with having his balls cut off.

Old September 1st, 2009 #8
Joe Owens
Banned

£200 fine not a great deterrent to those betraying their Race + Nation, is it? How long is Nationalism going to tolerate these traitors before it dishes its own justice out? Searchlight, and their low - grade snitches need to know, they will be tracked and spoken to should they ever cross the bnp. Sadly, I believe this will never be the case. However, if the bnp want to pay me I will gladly go and speak to them. Any offers, Nick?

Old September 1st, 2009 #9
andy

"..."What you put on the internet can never be taken from it and while there may be some members in this organisation who do not deserve to be protected by the law ...."
If that is an accurate statement by the Judge then instead of ensuring Trevor Phillips keeps his job they should be reporting this Judge to the Lord Chancellor.Looks a clear cut statement that some members of society are to be regarded differently under the law

Chase them into the swamps

Old September 1st, 2009 #10
bob hayne

Anybody guess what would happen if MI6 leaked the addys of IRA murders or even members of Sinn Fein?

You'd hear the jew and liberal scream on every media outlet for weeks, demanding jail at the very least for those responsible.

This bastard is foul rat, but no real surprise as a lot of British people hate their own kind, typical commie action.

Old September 1st, 2009 #11
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
Amazing how they get their address protected from being released, isn't it? Pair of hypocritical scumbags.
I wonder why SF found this exact quote so offensive that they found the need to delete it from one of the threads over there? It seems like one SF mod is upset by Single's admitting his treachery.

Old September 1st, 2009 #12
Bev
drinking tea

If much more sympathy oozes out of Lancs Unite against Fascism they'll be organising a whip-round.

She's pregnant again and Lee Barnes is telling everyone in the party they should sur them and claim damages, thus taking all there money and property. What a shit.

Way to make it obvious they're two of yours.

Old September 1st, 2009 #13
Bev
drinking tea

http://bnp.org.uk/2009/09/disgraced-...mbership-list/

Disgraced Former Official Pleads Guilty to Leaking BNP Membership List

September 1, 2009 by BNP News

The disgraced former deputy head of security for the British National Party, Matt Single, has pleaded guilty to leaking the party’s membership list on the Internet last year.
Mr Single pleaded guilty and was sentenced this morning to a derisory £300 fine by a court in Nottingham after accepting full responsibility for the leaking of the list, shifting blame from his wife, Sadie Graham, who is another disgraced former official.
Evidence in court showed that police had found the incriminating evidence which showed that the couple had put the list on the Internet in two pen drives. The pen drives had been wrapped in plastic wrap and hidden inside a cereal box in their kitchen. Police had found the drives while making a thorough search of their house.
Police had also recovered a laptop belonging to the pair which they had used to upload the list onto the Internet.
The court heard that there were 160 complaints from people who had been threatened or had had their property vandalised as a result of the leaked list.
By pleading guilty and taking the blame upon himself, Mr Single managed to prevent the charges being confirmed against his wife, and as a result, only he has a criminal conviction under the Data Protection Act.
However, Mr Single never personally had possession of the membership list, as it was only ever entrusted to Miss Graham in her role as group development officer. Therefore, Miss Graham must have given the list to Mr Single.
Sentencing Mr Single, the judge said he was “frustrated” at the fact that he could not fine Mr Single more. Mr Single is currently on job seekers’ allowance, and this restricted the amount by which he could be fined. The £300 fine was comprised of £200 for the criminal offence and £100 towards the prosecution and investigation costs, which, the judge said, amounted to many thousands of pounds.
*Mr Single and Miss Graham were expelled from the party in 2007 for being part of a well orchestrated attempt to sabotage the BNP. Their co-conspirators in that intrigue included former BNP webmaster Steve Blake and former administration officer Kenny Smith and his wife, Nicholla Ritchie.
This group also used the membership list to send out fake membership bulletins attacking the party and set up various websites to the same end. All of these attempts failed, and with the criminal conviction of Mr Single, the door can now be closed on this treacherous affair.

Old September 1st, 2009 #14
Joe Owens
Banned

Quote:
I wonder why SF found this exact quote so offensive that they found the need to delete it from one of the threads over there? It seems like one SF mod is upset by Single's admitting his treachery.
Searchlight GRASS, Ian Christie, no doubt removed it.

Old September 1st, 2009 #15
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Searchlight GRASS, Ian Christie, no doubt removed it.
No idea which mod it was - I didn't get the courtesy of a notification.

However, the other day, I received a brave internet warrior threat SF PM telling me they knew who I was (who doesn't? ) and linking to a forum where someone is using my real name to post rants against reds so I informed all four mods. Not one of them has replied and the poster is still there.

Old September 1st, 2009 #16
Joe Owens
Banned

When Graham replaced fellow searchlight GRASS, Tony Lecomber, i informed Griffin she was also working for searchlight. But as usual i was dismissed as paranoid and a crank. Had Griffin listened this silly episode could have been avoided.

Old September 1st, 2009 #17
Joe Owens
Banned

Quote:
No idea which mod it was - I didn't get the courtesy of a notification.

However, the other day, I received a brave internet warrior threat SF PM telling me they knew who I was (who doesn't? ) and linking to a forum where someone is using my real name to post rants against reds so I informed all four mods. Not one of them has replied and the poster is still there.
Stormfront full of searchlight snitches.

Old September 1st, 2009 #18
Joe Owens
Banned

People need to get this silly idea out their heads regarding suing them. Civil action takes a lot of money to bring someone to court. Also, I bet single and graham, haven’t got a pot to piss in.

Old September 1st, 2009 #19
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
People need to get this silly idea out their heads regarding suing them. Civil action takes a lot of money to bring someone to court. Also, I bet single and graham, haven’t got a pot to piss in.
She's working; he isn't, hence the low fine. But she will be leaving work soon (she's having twins) so they won't have much money at all. The best that people may get are small claims courts for any added security measures they bought such as door locks etc, and even then, that's not a guaranteed win.

I agree, this is an avenue that is pointless to pursue. It will just drag it on and on. We should be concentrating on ensuring it doesn't happen again.

Old September 1st, 2009 #20
Martin McGhee

Quote:

I agree, this is an avenue that is pointless to pursue. It will just drag it on and on. We should be concentrating on ensuring it doesn't happen again.
Yes, well said

Thread