Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 3rd, 2012 #61
Craig Cobb
Banned

That'd be real good, Stan. Let me know soon and I'll put your name on one in an undivided interest. We'll put your ferrets in their cages right outside the jail cell windows we keep the law-breaking leftists in. Of necessity.

Old September 4th, 2012 #62
zoomcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Cobb View Post
Jeff Schoep & NSM's well behind their house. They have kindly agreed to share their water with any community members who need it.
That's the true NS spirit.

Old September 4th, 2012 #63
cygnet

Default It looks lovely.

Thank you, Mr. Cobb, for posting those pictures of the land. For the first time I am really tempted by your offer. It looks like such a nice place. I imagined it as more treeless.

Old September 4th, 2012 #64
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnet View Post
I imagined it as more treeless.
Trees come in handy. Protect the gaol from overcrowding.

Old September 4th, 2012 #65
Stjjames

Wow - I'm shocked by how many trees there are !!
We had nothing like that.

Old September 4th, 2012 #66
Brenna Wolf
Banned

Am curious if your area has been finally authorized as an 'experimental community' by the preeming nutless Feds.

If you saw the recent Doc you understand of which I speak. If not, thanks for your reply anyway.

-Bren

Old September 4th, 2012 #67
Craig Cobb
Banned

You and your family can come if you want, Cygnet.

Brenna, there are maybe 16 street lights in the town. The Federal Gov't gives a grant to keep the place lit. That's all. I looked up some other of their offerings at your instigation. Doesn't look promising to me. You guys gotta remember there are well-paying jobs almost for the picking nearby. You can come too, Brenna.

Old September 5th, 2012 #68
Craig Cobb
Banned

Two guys on their way up to ND. That is a start. Thanks.

Old September 6th, 2012 #69
Bob
Banned

That is some beautiful land. I hope you don't cut down all the trees, that's what I imagined North Dakota as, just a barren desert wasteland. Looks like you could plant lots of trees there, flowers, shrubs. Pray for global warming.

You sound like a true visionary, that could all be a big shopping mall one day.

I'd love to have some land like that, maybe rent a bulldozer for a day, plow out a 4 foot deep lake, fill it with water, stock it with fish. Probably would freeze though.

I hope your wonderful visions keep you going. I'm probably not hard core enough, yet, to fit in there. I feel the same way a lot of you do about some things, I'm still sort of clinging to the status quo. Forgive me. I probably would be if i came to my senses.

Old September 6th, 2012 #70
Stjjames

The view from my Motorhome looked like this - you've got a nicley treed spread there Mr. Cobb ! I might be back, sooner than later.

Old September 7th, 2012 #71
James Hawthorne

Quote:
The number of nearly all-white communities has plummeted since 1980, dramatic evidence that the nation's growing racial and ethnic diversity has spread far beyond large metropolitan centers into smaller towns and rural parts of the heartland, new research shows.
Time for WN to band together in racially aware communities.

VNN Media

Old September 7th, 2012 #72
Bob
Banned

Seems like it can get dangerously cold there, -30 in January.

Old September 7th, 2012 #73
James Hawthorne

What are you Bob an Aryan or a fucking whimp?

VNN Media

Old September 7th, 2012 #74
StanSki
Banned

Shit, Wisconsin has been like fuckin Florida the last two years. It gets cold but nothing like the last few winters before it where we were buried in snow every day and were lucky if we got above -10 degrees.

I welcome a real winter like -30. It's refreshing, reminds you you're alive and actually lights a fire under your ass to get things done. Me anyway.

Old September 7th, 2012 #75
Rick Ronsavelle

Default whimp

no such word

Old September 7th, 2012 #76
keifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Hawthorne View Post
What are you Bob an Aryan or a fucking whimp?
I agree, grow a beard or die.

Old September 7th, 2012 #77
James Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Ronsavelle View Post
no such word
I think you are mistaken Rick

Whimp

Quote:
In the 1940s, the word "weakling" or "whimp" was used before the word "nerd" was used widely.

"Heavy metal or no metal at all whimps and posers leave the hall" by Manowar

VNN Media

Old September 7th, 2012 #78
keifer

I am glad to see this thread grow.

Old September 8th, 2012 #79
Bob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanSki View Post
Shit, Wisconsin has been like fuckin Florida the last two years. It gets cold but nothing like the last few winters before it where we were buried in snow every day and were lucky if we got above -10 degrees.

I welcome a real winter like -30. It's refreshing, reminds you you're alive and actually lights a fire under your ass to get things done. Me anyway.
-30 makes you feel alive for about 2 minutes, then it starts to really suck.

I can't even imagine working on oil rigs in sub zero weather, getting soaked with drilling fluid.

How do you work for 16 hours a day, in below zero weather, with your hands all frozen up, handling all that dangerous equipment that will crush your head if your hands slip?

I noticed Craig Cobb is looking pretty rugged, like a mountain man , I imagine it toughens you up quite a big.

Old September 8th, 2012 #80
Bob
Banned

Here is a CNBC vid on the developers moving into the area, they're gonna have thousands of new apartments, houses in a year or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...i0b7CFDHI&NR=1

Maybe if you just kept buying up some land, Cobb could do a little developing. I've always thought those developers little imagination, as far as terraforming. They never build up any hills, for kids to sled down or anything. You could have gentle rolling, barriers between houses, for a little privacy.

I noticed they have a place to rent Bobcats there in Williston, they are probably $500 a day or something, you could probably do a lot of terraforming in one day with one of those.

Here are some plants that will survive in North Dakota, they're called zone 4 plants, that's what you wanna google if you want to research it. "Zone 4 plants".

I'll bet when they get all these new suburbs put in, they won't have anyone there to landscape them, plant trees, shrubs, flowers and such, they seem to be lacking in about all services, be a great place to start your own business soon.

http://www.almanac.com/plants/hardiness-zone/4

http://www.gardencrossings.com/Zone-4-Plants

Tags
free rent, intentional communities, north dakota rents, wn community

Thread