Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 15th, 2008 #1
Myles
Certified non-Kosher™

Default Another College Student Gets It. Well, Not Really.

I am not a white bitch
Beth Rankin

Issue date: 3/13/08 Section: Opinion

There is a campus group that is nearly untouchable.

It is one of the largest and most powerful student groups, able to turn campus upside down with a single phone call. Very few columnists or reporters have had the gall to speak against the group's policies, because the Stater is very afraid of them - and they have good reason to be.

They are immeasurably powerful.

They are Black United Students.

And I am not afraid.

My freshman year of college, my high school boyfriend and I went to the ballroom to see hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons. ACPB, BUS and USS brought him to campus as part of Black History Month programming.

Coming from a town that did not acknowledge Black History Month, I was eager to attend the month's lectures and talks and to get to know other students interested in fighting for equal rights. Back home, I was the only one.

But what I found that night was disturbing and hurtful in ways it took years to understand.

From the moment Justin and I entered the ballroom, the tension was palpable. We received puzzled stares from students sitting around us, and though we couldn't put a finger on why, we felt incredibly unwelcome. I left feeling uncomfortable and unable to make sense of what had happened.

Back in Tri-Towers, when I told my dorm mates where I'd been, I received similar puzzled looks. You went to a BUS event? Hasn't anyone told you about BUS? They don't want white people attending their functions.

I didn't believe it. Even as I heard the exact same dialog from every non-black student and coworker I discussed BUS with, I had a hard time believing that a group fighting for equal rights would covertly push away other people fighting for the same cause.

A couple months later, as a member of the Stater editorial board, the forum editor and I had a small meeting with BUS leaders. The Stater and BUS have always had a notoriously rocky relationship, and my editor thought that by hearing from BUS itself about the group's goals, we could help bridge the gap.

Boy were we surprised when we were informed by then-leaders Teddy Harris and Demareo Cooper that BUS's goal was not equality, but to advance blacks beyond that of whites. The goal was black-owned, black-operated businesses and universities. When we said,

"... but that's racism ..." we were told that as the majority, we were unable to feel racism. We just couldn't understand.

Two years later, I was forced to understand.

While covering a fashion show for Uhuru magazine (I was the photo editor at the time), an angry black student hissed, "Why are you even here, anyway?" when I sat my photo gear next to him on a chair.

Weeks later, while covering a Black History Month talk by Malcolm X's daughter, a man behind me - who apparently was unhappy with my camera - yelled, "Get out of my way, white bitch."

Shortly after, while silently shooting another BUS event, I was called a white bitch again.

Shelley Blundell, a Kent journalism school graduate and native of South Africa, used to be a member of the Stark campus BUS chapter. But when she began attending Kent BUS events, she said she felt extremely unwelcome.

And after a controversial column on separation, Blundell said she received numerous e-mails from BUS members calling her, too, a "white bitch."

In 2005, after humor columnist Aman Ali wrote a satirical column called, "Black people need to start sharing," BUS made one phone call and the two days later, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission and NAACP converged on campus, demanding Ali be fired. Some even pushed for his removal from the university.

Yes, Ali's column was inappropriate and the editor made a major mistake in running it, but when pressured, the editor folded like a card table and gave in to every single demand made by civil rights groups. Since then, the Stater has been very careful about BUS coverage, and when I told them I wanted to write this column, they were nervous. I can't blame them. BUS has showed its muscle numerous times over the years.

(And after all this, what is Miss Rankin's response?)

Now, this is not a column bashing BUS for past mistakes. This is a means to a dialog. I truly believe that BUS should embrace its non-black supporters, because there is power in numbers. We support your cause; now can we please be embraced the same way you embrace your black peers?

So this is what I say to you, current members and leaders of BUS: Tell me again. Tell me again what your goals are. I certainly hope they differ from those expressed to me in 2004.

Tell me what you are doing to reach out to non-black students who support your cause. As a straight girl, PRIDE!Kent has always welcomed me to their meetings and functions because they knew I supported their cause. I want to be able to attend BUS functions and feel the same love.

Racism is still a problem in this country, and it will never be solved if we continue to divide black from white. I have been called names and ostracized for the color of my skin, and I have been ridiculed for sharing my life with a man who is not white. (LOL, now there's a sure-fire way to make racist blacks love you).

I am not a white bitch. I am a straight, white girl who will always do everything in her power to support the plight of all minorities.

I don't use the color of your skin against you, so please do not use mine against me.

Please, BUS: Tell me how you plan to use your powers for good. I want to hear your voice, and I want to become a united front in the fight against prejudice.

I am not a white bitch. I am not whitey. I am not a cracker. I am not the man.

And I never want to feel ostracized because of my race ever again. Don't you feel the same?

(I feel that you grovel quite nicely, especially for someone who is "not afraid.")

Beth Rankin is a senior photojournalism major and a columnist for the Daily Kent Stater. Contact her at [email protected].

Source

Last edited by Myles; March 15th, 2008 at 01:55 PM.

Old March 15th, 2008 #2
Guy Dietrich

Just another pathetic white woman. She says that she is "not afraid" and that she is not a "white bitch".

Then why is she groveling before the nigger like a worthless bitch?

"Please, master.. I just want to wipe out my race just like you want to wipe out my race.. why do you hate me so?"

"BITCH, SUCK MUH DICK, FUCKIN CRACKA HO'".

Pathetic. She got a lesson in the fact that "racial harmony" is a concept only embraced by dumb whites.

Old March 15th, 2008 #3
Ironguard1940

Default She is a White race traitor, which is worse

These are the Whites that need to be killed-worthless niggerloving scum that try their damndest to be niggers even though niggers hate them for being White. Good riddance to every one of these White race-traitors that get murdered.

BTW, Beth Rankin, you ARE a White bitch and a race traitor as well. I hope the nigger you share your life with ends it as well.

Old March 15th, 2008 #4
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking betcha she's a jewess

She's telling the truth when she says that she 'isn't whitey' ...I'd bet money this 'Beth Rankin' is a shebrew, the article reeks of their brand of sarcasm.

I sent her an email explaining how no racial/ethnic group wants jews around ...unless they are forced to by government edict or have a gun put to their heads.

Ill post her response (if any )

Cheers

Old March 15th, 2008 #5
Justin Lee
Ιuστην Λεε

I don't think I've ever been this disturbed...

Fuck this bitch. She needs to be kept in a stable for breeding purposes only.

I will no longer turn the blame to niggers or even the jews who have indoctrinated her "so well". Sometimes, you just have the cut the white man's or woman's throat.

Worthless fucking piece of shit. Just make babies that we can raise them to DESPISE your direction in life.

I want to hand this bitch the heads of her loved ones...I want to drink her tears before I shed her blood.

My hatred is not hard to attain. Just speak out for White genocide. You will get it.
Drift gently into mental illness

Old March 15th, 2008 #6
Joe McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Garrett View Post
She's telling the truth when she says that she 'isn't whitey' ...I'd bet money this 'Beth Rankin' is a shebrew, the article reeks of their brand of sarcasm.
Eloquent translation, Mr. Garrett, I assume you spent some time listening to Dr. Pierce. To me, this burst is the tipoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Rankin
Racism is still a problem in this country, and it will never be solved if we continue to divide black from white. I have been called names and ostracized for the color of my skin, and I have been ridiculed for sharing my life with a man who is not white. (LOL, now there's a sure-fire way to make racist blacks love you).
[email protected].

In memory of little 12 year old Emily Elizabeth Haddock, murdered by niggers.

Old March 15th, 2008 #7
Stan Sikorski
Returned

She needs to be thrown out of a car onto Broadway in Camden, NJ on a summer night.

I used to get angry when I read shit like this. Now I just want to see whites like her get everything they have coming to them from the niggers they love so much.

Old March 15th, 2008 #8
Susan

This young woman is just another hopeless moron. I try to make excuses for these idiots, taking the blame off of them, but frankly when I am confronted with the utter stupidity and self destructiveness of those like her, I just want to pinch their heads off and toss 'em in a garbage heap.

She may be a jew. But don't they usually marry their own kind, and just advocate that white women embrace nigger males? I may be wrong here. She could very well be a jew. It would sure be interesting to know if the "nonwhite man" she is involved with is in fact a nigger. If someone here communicates with her, maybe they can ask her.

What a load of worthless crap, though. And, I'm sorry to agree with the rest of you here, otherwise. I would never hurt her or kill her, but I wouldn't lift a finger to prevent it from happening.

Old March 15th, 2008 #9
RonaldCa
Captain Keyboard Commando

That would explain the stares. Black females love race mixing White females,err, love fucking them up.

Old March 15th, 2008 #10
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking joke's on you whiteman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGee View Post
Eloquent translation, Mr. Garrett, I assume you spent some time listening to Dr. Pierce.
This jewess knows that recounting as a white female the way she was ostracised by these surly niggers will piss off white americans, thats why she spewed this lil piece of verbal vomit!

She knows that there isnt a fucken thing you can do about it! You have to 'respect' blacks and their obnoxious and often deadly intrusions into your lives without a peep of protest or else! The niggers can do as they goddamn please!

Some of these folks dont get it ...the jew is laughing at us! Right down the beach from me, a jewish Citibank exec is building a $50m summer 'cottage' ...yes, one of the same yids that just bilked working class Americans for billion$ with their 'sub-prime' mortgage swindle ...to enjoy a summer in the sun while we suckers sweat and work our summer away to pay for it! NYC is in full party mode jewin it up now that the Wall Street cabal has been bailed out with $200 billion of the public's money and jewish loose cannon Spitzer has been discredited ...funds that you and your children will be responsible to pay back with unending interest! Some of ya are slow on the uptake, huh?

Usury, the 'equal rights' scam, billions for Izrael and the war in the Middle East, etc. etc. on and on ...the jew is laughing at all the suckers!

What, you dont find it humorous?

Old March 16th, 2008 #11
Armanen
Banned

Quote:

I sent her an email explaining how no racial/ethnic group wants jews around ...unless they are forced to by government edict or have a gun put to their heads.

Ill post her response (if any )

Cheers
Rankin is a Jewish name.

Old March 16th, 2008 #12
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
This jewess knows that recounting as a white female
Rabbi Marv Taiperman e-mailed her regarding her Jewishness. This is what she wrote back.

Quote:
I was raised Lutheran and non-denominational Christian.

I have no denomination that I ascribe to currently.
beth

Beth Rankin
[email protected]
http://www.bethcan.com

----- Original Message -----
Date: Saturday, March 15, 2008 9:05 pm
Subject: re: I am not a white bitch
To: [email protected]

re: I am not a white bitch

But you are a Jewess aren't you?

Old March 16th, 2008 #13
Myles
Certified non-Kosher™

RE: OTPTT

LMFAO @ nationaljewishweekly.org!

Brilliant!

Old March 16th, 2008 #14
Axel Faaborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armanen View Post
Rankin is a Jewish name.
The only Rankins I've ever known were white trash. If they were crypto-Jews one would think they'd have been better off.

Old March 16th, 2008 #15
Frank Toliver
Formerly Cowboy Zeke

Another race traitor whore and another reason proof positive why white women need to be put back into the kitchen, well away from any jewish trendiness.

I am fully of the belief that white women are the biggest haters there are. What they hate only depends on what they are taught, reality need not apply.

This particular woman hates her own race so much she gleefully accepts a nigger as the best option to mate with.

Fuck you hippie, you are the system.

Jews are not just a race or just a religion; they are a race who worship themselves religiously.

Old March 16th, 2008 #16
GarySmart
Apartheid NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Toliver View Post
Another race traitor whore and another reason proof positive why white women need to be put back into the kitchen, well away from any jewish trendiness.

I am fully of the belief that white women are the biggest haters there are. What they hate only depends on what they are taught, reality need not apply.

This particular woman hates her own race so much she gleefully accepts a nigger as the best option to mate with.
agreed. look at the way the niggers treated her and then she comes crawling back to them on her knees. she even admits that she supports their cause of black only this and that, and that she only believes that white people should be allowed into their meetings. how do these yuppies convince themselves with all this double think.

this bus group could be shut down, it only takes a student with the balls to stand up to them. its true that this student would be hated by many of his peers, but so many would rally around him, especially when bus began to openly show their true colors, or rather color: nigger black!

of course maybe not. maybe the current generation of college kids has been so brainwashed that they would mindlessly hold signs with bus that said kill whitey, and kick whitey off of campus.

someone trying to stand up for white civil rights would still be a hero in the end, regardless of the outcome!

Old March 24th, 2008 #17
M. Delataire

Default I received a reply to my email

Hello -

To answer your question, BUS has never had anything to do for issues I have faced in that I have been dating a Palestinian man for the last three and a half years. Most of the ridicule came from ignorant family and former friends. When I made that statement in my column, I was stating that I, too, had been on the receiving end of hurtful words just because of my skin color.

Also, BUS has never said publicly that they did not want white people attending their functions. Rather, the group has been known to make white people who attend their meetings feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome, which is the brunt of the issue I'm addressing.

I cannot speak for other races, but I have received responses from dozens of students, some black and some white, with stories of exclusion from BUS. One black student said she was called "white girl" and made feel unwelcome because she didn't dress and act "black enough".

I hope this helps answer your question. If you have any others, feel free to let me know.

beth rankin

On Mar 15, 2008, at 7:40 PM, Draegn wrote:

> http://media.www.kentnewsnet.com/media/storage/paper867/news/2008/03/> 13/Opinion/I.Am-Not.A.White.Bitch-3266817.shtml?> refsource=collegeheadlines
>
> I read your above article, yet I am left puzzled. You wrote that your
> highschool boyfriend and you attended a BUS event and were left
> feeling unwelcome. The BUS said that they did not want white people
> attending their functions.
>
> Then you write that you have been ridiculed for sharing your life
> with a man who is not white. Did the BUS attack your boyfriend for
> being Hispanic or Asian? Are the people in BUS lumping all non-blacks
> as white? If you can please clarify this point for me.
>
> Thank you,
> Draegn

--------------------------------------------------

This is followed by the following mass mailing

Thank you for your response to my recent column, "I am not a white bitch."

Many students - black, white and many other races and ethnicities - have e-mailed or messaged me with very personal, heartbreaking stories of hurt they have felt because of the words and actions of BUS members, leaders and supporters past and present.

In a comment on my column's Web page (http://media.www.kentnewsnet.com/med...ntedstoriestab), BUS's president encouraged me to attend the next BUS meeting.

So I am. And I am encouraging anyone who agrees with me - or disagrees with me - to attend as well.

I think this issue is very, very important and that a dialog is very necessary. I encourage you, as members of the university community, to come to the meeting and engage in the dialog.

For those of you who can and would like to attend (either in a participatory manner or not), the meeting is Tues. March 25 at 7:30 p.m. in the Multicultural Center in the Student Center.

Even if I am the only one there representing my side of the argument, that's OK. I stand behind my words, and I'm ready to speak not just for myself, but on behalf of all of anyone who wants change.

I am not afraid.

So, again, thanks for taking the time to read, reflect and respond. All of your feedback is very, very appreciated, and will help me speak on behalf of those who have been hurt by BUS, and understand those who feel hurt or angered by my column. For those of you who told me things in confidence, those things will remain in confidence.

If you have anything else you'd like to say, feel free to contact me. My email is [email protected]. My cell phone number is 419-573-9350. I work in room 114 of Franklin Hall, holding mostly 9-5 hours. If you search my full name on MySpace and Facebook, you will find me. Friend me. We are all together in the fight to create a more unified university community.

I hope you'll be able to attend the meeting. For those too afraid to speak, I will be your voice.

You can read my response to BUS on the column's page or in the text below.

Again, thank you. Even if you disagreed with me, thank you for your response. I believe all sides deserve to be heard.

beth rankin

---

Thanks for responding.

I'd just like to say one thing first: This column is not about all black people. It is about BUS, and the fact that group members, leaders and supporters have been notoriously racist over the years I've been here, and still to this day. The students have spoken, and you can no longer deny that there is a problem. You didn't answer my question:

What are you going to do about it?

I received e-mails and messages from dozens of students, white and black, saying they have faced the same prejudice at your meetings and events. One black student said she was horrified when she tried to attend BUS meetings and was called "white girl" over and over just because she dressed differently than other black students. She felt like because she didn't live up to the group's expectations of what black is, she wasn't welcome.

There is a serious problem in your organization, and it is causing a rift in the university community. Again, I say:

What are you going to do about it?

You make a good point that this debate should not be confined to these comments. That's why I'll be attending your March 25 meeting.

And I am opening it up to every single student, staff, faculty or interested party that agrees with me - or disagrees with me - to come to the meeting as well.

No matter what your skin color or side of this argument, come to BUS's March 25 meeting. Let's create a real dialog. Let's try to see things from every perspective. I believe in the power of communication. I believe we can understand each other better.

I'll see you March 25.

Beth Rankin
[email protected]

Beth Rankin
Manager
Equipment Services Lab
114 Franklin Hall
(330) 672-2468

Old March 24th, 2008 #18
Vonbluvens
Banned

She is outright rejected (even though she supports their cause) and she still goes back for more. She is exposed to hatred and racism against people that look like her and yet she still kisses their collective ass. This reminds me of the stupid white people that support Barak Obama to be honest.

There are MANY white people like this. Reminds me of that video that was posted here of a woman crying after some groid lectured her about how horrible the white race was and that she herself was a racist. These stupid people will commit public suicide to try to convince these niggers they harbor no racism--the essence of the brainwashed race-traitor, and I am afraid there really is no saving them.

Of course if some of them DO come to their senses I hope we WN are big enough to embrace them back into the fold of sanity.

Old March 24th, 2008 #19
Schnee Weiss
Just One Bite

Someone needs to ask her why she even CARES what this group does? So what, so they make Whites uncomfortable....don't go to their shit!!! Instead of spending all your time pissing and moaning about what they are or aren't doing, go start a group for YOUR people. Jezum Christmas girl, quit being a retard!! Everyone doesn't ALWAYS have to be all jumbled together singing Kumbaya and having a Coca Cola moment! It doesn't have to be "all divershity, all the time". Maybe, just maybe some people want to be LEFT ALONE TO BE WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE LIKE THEM and not always have to be forced to mix it up with everyone else!

"Henceforth no Jew, no matter under what name, will be allowed to remain here without my written permission. I know of no other troublesome pest within the state than this race, which impoverished the people by their fraud, usury and money-lending and commits all deeds which an honorable man despises. Subsequently they have to be removed and excluded from here as much as possible."
MARIA THERESA, Queen of Hungary and Bohemia (1771 - 1789)

Old March 25th, 2008 #20
M. Delataire

What kills me that after dating a Palestinian for three and a half years, is that she still is not apparently jew wise.

Thread