VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Executive Summary > The Problem
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old November 4th, 2014 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Office of Refugee Resettlement maps help you research your state, learn who is responsible

Where in the USA are the refugees and the resettlement offices?

I just came across this very useful map for FY2013-2014 at the Office of Refugee Resettlement (HHS) to help you research what is happening with the Refugee Resettlement program in your state.

When you go to the site and click on your state, all of the federal money flowing there is available as well as a list of locations where refugees are resettled with names and contact information for those doing the resettlement.

I can’t emphasize enough how important it is for you to learn about the program where you live. I know it’s an overused expression, but knowledge is power. And, that is why we started this blog in the first place to help you gain that knowledge.

Click here for ORR’s interactive state map! (When you look at the map, you might want to go here for information on what a Wilson-Fish state is).

ORR Regional Offices

In 2013, ORR Director Eskinder Negash, announced the creation of Regional refugee resettlement offices to coordinate state offices. At that time there were regional refugee offices located within five of the ten Administration for Children and Family (ACF) offices.

ORR will open up to five regional offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, and San Francisco (and potentially additional regional locations).

Click here to see the ten ACF regions and regional headquarters.

read full article at source: http://refugeeresettlementwatch.word...s-responsible/

Thread