JimInCO
Meinungsverbrecher

Default TNB: Nigger who raped actress Kelly McGillis at it again

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-357784c.html

Sicko back on trial

But jury won't hear of '82 attack on star

BY BARBARA ROSS and TRACY CONNOR
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

The unrepentent sex fiend who raped "Top Gun" actress Kelly McGillis two decades ago is about to go on trial again, for a vicious attack on two women in Greenwich Village.

But prosecutors cannot grill Leroy Johnson Jr. about the earlier assault if he takes the stand, a judge ruled yesterday.

Johnson, 38, was a teen thug with a juvenile record when he and an accomplice ambushed McGillis, then a Juilliard student, in her apartment in 1982.

At knifepoint, they took turns violating her, threatening to kill her and bombarding her with racial slurs before fleeing after someone called the police.

McGillis identified them from mug shots.

"I wanted those guys caught," she said later. "I wanted to hurt them as much as they hurt me."

Johnson pleaded guilty and served three years in prison, while McGillis went on to star in "Witness," "Top Gun" and "The Accused."

She played a hard-nosed rape prosecutor in the latter and talked about the anguish of her own ordeal - eating disorders and drinking binges - when it was released.

"I'm still afraid and will be for the rest of my life," she said.

After raping McGillis, Johnson did two more prison stints after being accused of sex crimes, and wound up in federal lockup for threatening to kill Presidents George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan.

He was arrested again last year after cold-case investigators used a sophisticated DNA database to link him to a 1996 double rape.

In that case, a knife-wielding creep followed home a 22-year-old woman - then raped and sodomized her and her 23-year-old roommate.

Just before jury selection began yesterday, Assistant District Attorney Michele Bayer asked for permission to question Johnson about his criminal past.

Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Renee White said she would allow cross-examination about crimes that happened in the past 10 years.

That excludes the attack on McGillis, who was referred to only as a "well-known actress" in court.

McGillis, 48, was told of Johnson's latest bust by prosecutors, her agent said. She is shooting a movie in Hawaii and could not be reached for comment.

Johnson's lawyer, Bryan Konoski, said he plans to mount a science-based defense.

"It looks like the DNA was tampered with, or it's not pure," he said of the prosecutors' key evidence.

Originally published on June 6, 2006
who do not adequately realize the irritations they inflict."
- H.G. Wells (November 11, 1933)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tags
nigger gang rape, nigger rape, notable vibrancy victims

Thread