Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 18th, 2013 #81
Jae Manzel

Default Have Knockout games invaded Rochester?

Updated: Tuesday, December 17 2013, 01:20 PM EST Rochester, N.Y. -

A destructive fad may have hit Rochester. The so-called "Knockout game" is a phenomenon where youths sucker-punch unsuspecting victims on the street, trying to knock them out. That appears to have happened near Bloss and Backus Streets. Rochester police say they're pursuing several people who may be involved in the incident shown in attached video. Knockout games have led to numerous deaths, including two this year in Syracuse

Read More at: http://www.13wham.com/news/features/...ter-8158.shtml

[+video]

Old December 18th, 2013 #82
The Bobster
Banned

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...and&id=9363677

Video at link = 1 black victim

Long Island man arrested in multiple 'knockout' assaults - EXCLUSIVE
Updated at 05:59 PM 12/17/13

AMITYVILLE, New York (WABC) -- Law enforcement sources tell Eyewitness News, a 20-year-old Long Island man is under arrest and is expect to be charged with up to 7 counts of 'knockout' assaults that date back to April of 2013.

Darryl Mitchell of Amityville is expected to be charged in the assaults of residents, at least two of them elderly in the Babylon to Amityville area.

Darryl Jones says it came out of nowhere. A single, roundhouse punch to the face that left him stunned. And a gash above his eye that took seven stitches to close.

"It I wasn't strong enough, I probably would've passed out," Jones said.

He told Eyewitness News he was walking home from the grocery store at three in the afternoon when a young man came walking toward him.

"He was walking on the sidewalk and I moved out of the way just to step into the street and he stood in front of me holding up his hands and hit me in the face," adds Jones.

Eyewitness News has learned exclusively tonight that Darryl Mitchell will be charged with half a dozen assaults that go back as far as April.

One of them, on the Long Island Rail Road platform in Amityville. Several others in Babylon and in his own neighborhood, in North Amityville.

Sources say the victims were as young as 17 and as old as 69.

One victim told police, "He just started to punch me in the face multiple times for no reason. And then the black male started to kick me in my body and head. I blacked out a little and all I heard him saying was get off my block."

Investigators say many of the attacks are strikingly-similar to the so-called "Knockout Assaults" in Brooklyn and elsewhere.

Darryl Jones says this latest arrest could not come soon enough.

"Right after he assulted me, the next day he assaulted someone else down the street and someone after that. The guy is a terror," Jones says.

Old December 18th, 2013 #83
The Bobster
Banned

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...236284071.html

Man Charged in Jeweler's Row Assault, Robbery
By David Chang | Tuesday, Dec 17, 2013 | Updated 5:52 PM EST

Police arrested a man in connection to an assault and robbery in the Jeweler’s Row section of the city last November.

Keith Richardson, 19, was arrested on Tuesday and charged with attempted murder, carjacking, robbery and other related offenses.

On November 17, at 2:45 a.m., police say a 23-year-old man and two of his friends were walking along the 700 block of Sansom Street when Richardson and three other suspects began to follow them.

As the victim tried to enter the door of a building, police say one of the suspects punched him in the face, knocking him to the ground. The suspects then allegedly stole his iPhone and then fled west on Sansom Street. They then entered a silver or gray-colored late model Pontiac Grand Prix.

Police say an anonymous tip led them to Richardson. While he is now in custody, police say the other three suspects are still on the loose. If you have any information on their whereabouts, please call Philadelphia Police at 215.686.3388/3389.

Old December 22nd, 2013 #84
The Bobster
Banned

http://nypost.com/2013/12/22/new-knockout-attack/

New ‘knockout’ attack
By Matt McNulty
December 22, 2013 | 6:27am

A woman walking along a Brooklyn street Saturday became the latest apparent victim of the sick “knockout game.”

The 47-year-old was ambushed on Hendrix Street in East New York by a gang of four teenage boys and one girl.

Police said the boys blocked her path and the girl sucker-punched her, knocking her down and causing minor injuries.

The victim was released after being treated at Brookdale Hospital.

Cops said the violence was similar to previous knockout attacks, noting that nothing had been stolen from the victim.

Old December 22nd, 2013 #85
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So many sheepish anti-gun faggots are wondering why people, like George Zimmerman, need to be carrying guns. But with shit like this constantly happening, how could they not?

I want to see some news of these fuckers turning up dead already. Although that would probably get buried for fear of the cops and the media's biggest fear, vigilantism.

Old December 22nd, 2013 #86
The Bobster
Banned

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2013...cks-police-say

Four Young Students Arrested in Alleged 'Knockout' Attacks, Police Say
By Sonja Sharp on December 19, 2013 1:51pm

Congresswoman Yvette Clark, Congressman Hakeem Jeffries, and Brooklyn DA-elect Ken Thompson joined other elected officials and community leaders in calling for an end to alleged "knockout game" attacks in Brooklyn.

CROWN HEIGHTS — Police have arrested four children in connection with a string of alleged "knockout game" attacks in Brooklyn, the NYPD said.

A 14-year-old girl and three other children, aged 10 and 11, were arrested in connection with three assaults that took place between October and November.

The victims included an 11-year-old boy who was punched on President Street, a youth who was hit with a rock while walking home from school and a youngster who was "mushed" in the face with a plastic bag, said Deputy Inspector George Fitzgibbon, the 71st Precinct's new commanding officer.

"Kids are kids — when you’re talking 10 and 11 year olds getting involved in these type of things, sometimes they don’t realize the magnitude of what they’re doing," Fitzgibbon said.

While the NYPD's Hate Crimes Task Force worked on the investigation as well, police determined that the attacks were not motivated by bias.

"Every time one of these incidents did occur, nothing was ever said with regard to any kind of bias, so to speak," Fitzgibbon said of the three attacks, which occurred in October and November.

"The only commonality is that basically all the victims were Jewish."

Police made the arrests after zeroing in on the neighborhood's middle-schoolers, who were both the victims and the suspects of several of the attacks.

"The knockouts that we were experiencing seemed a lot towards youngsters," Fitzgibbon said. "My school team did a lot of work uncovering information, and the Hate Crimes team did a lot of good work following up on that information.

"When people saw we were able to actually solve one of these incidents, word gets around to the local schools and to the kids that might be involved or haven’t been caught."

It was not immediately clear if the three incidents were part of the so-called "knockout game," in which teens sucker-punch strangers in an attempt to knock them out, then flee without taking anything from them.

The youths were arrested between Nov. 13 and Nov. 23 and were charged with assault, endangerment and criminal mischief, Fitzgibbon said.

The names of the youths who were arrested were withheld by police because of their ages. The 14-year-old girl is being processed through the Family Court system, but updates on her case and the cases against the other three children was not immediately available.

Police are still investigating several other potential knockout incidents involving older victims.

Old January 10th, 2014 #87
The Bobster
Banned

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...d-woman-675432

January 9, 2014
New York Teen Arrested In Connection With Videotaped "Knockout Game" Attack On Elderly Woman

An upstate New York teenager was arrested yesterday in connection with an online video showing him punching an elderly woman in the head as she exits a Rochester convenience store.

Devin Alexander, 16, was busted Wednesday on a probation violation charge, according to a Rochester Police Department spokesperson (who declined to reveal how Alexander, who was on probation for a robbery conviction, allegedly violated terms of his supervision). The teenager is currently in custody.

Alexander, pictured at right, is seen in a video that was first posted to a Facebook page titled “True Goon Tocool Sneekey.” The clip, which was publicized by Rochester blogger/activist Davy Vara, shows Alexander outside the store telling a giggling cameraman that he was going to “smack the old lady with the snowball when she come out the store.”

But when the woman emerged from the business, Alexander instead threw a roundhouse left that struck the woman--whose back was to the teenager--in the head. The assault so delighted the man filming the crime that he screamed “Smack cam!” five times. As the duo fled, the cameraman noted, “She gonna call the cops.”

Police are continuing to investigate the attack, which apparently occurred earlier this month. Both Alexander and the cameraman will likely face criminal charges stemming from the incident, which has been compared to so-called knockout attacks that have recently been the subject of numerous news reports.

Old January 11th, 2014 #88
Ironguard1940

Default The knockout game on Katie

http://katiecouric.com/2014/01/10/the-knockout-game/

Of course the only racial angle mentioned was the one White man that knocked out a nigger. Shocker.

Tags
#1, knockout game

Thread