VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 12th, 2013 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Local TV Idiots Pranked

[I hope this is true. Watch the brief vid clip thru link, too funny]

Pranked TV Station Reports “Ho Lee Fuk,” “Wi Tu Lo” As SF Crash Pilots

Bay Area Fox affiliate KTVU purportedly learned the names of the flight crew of Asiana flight 214, which crashed last Saturday at San Francisco International Airport, killing two. These—"Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk," and "Bang Ding Ow"—are not their names. The newscaster's credulous reading puts it over the top.

This aired just after noon, local time. Via Gawker, the station read a statement later in the broadcast:

Earlier in the newscast we gave some names of pilots involved in the Asiana Airlines crash. These names were not accurate despite an NTSB official in Washington confirming them late this morning. We apologize for the error.

http://deadspin.com/pranked-tv-stati...o-as-758955806

Old July 12th, 2013 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

Typical of your brainless female tv news actress. You can tell the broad is too dumb to process what she's reading real-time, although she does hestitate before pronouncing fook instead of fuck.

Old July 12th, 2013 #4
Brenna Wolf
Banned

"Has released the names of the four pilots:

Some-ting Wong
We 2 Low
Ho-Li Fook
Bang Ding Ow"

Wha?!?

Edit* I watched the vid before reading the descrip on YT. Much funnier that way.

Last edited by Brenna Wolf; July 12th, 2013 at 07:56 PM.

Old July 12th, 2013 #5
N.B. Forrest

Wun Hung Lo was the navigator....

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old July 12th, 2013 #6
James Hawthorne

They did something similar in the UK with the Dink Boat People.. Sent around a flyer to mandatory house FUK YU TO and his family

VNN Media

Old July 12th, 2013 #7
Matt Ferguson

The comments are a must read! I haven't laughed that hard online in a while.

Old July 12th, 2013 #8
Cora McGuire

I haven't even read the comments and I am crying with laughter

Old July 13th, 2013 #9
Matt Ferguson

Some excerpts.

That's actually offensive enough that someone may pursue legal action. If they use Bay-area lawyer Mi Su Yu, that station is fucked.

Producer at KTVU: Luk Fo Wok

In a statement addressing the error, WTVU's spokesperson apologized, saying "we'll just have to keep our eyes wide open" for these types of pranks in the future.

I'm guessing that the culprit is Jok-go Bad, who's about to get a visit from HR person Sum Gui Cand.

He'll soon be working with his friend, Reh Zu May.

Hopefully he goes quietly, and they don't have to bring in the security guard, Yu Git Gon.

Wonderful investigative journalism by KTVU's new foreign correspondant, El Oh El

Though the clip was cut off, they slso identified one of the 2 dead as 16-year old Oh No Truk.

Old July 13th, 2013 #10
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ferguson View Post

Though the clip was cut off, they slso identified one of the 2 dead as 16-year old Oh No Truk.
I heard her name was I Ron Yee

Old July 14th, 2013 #11
The Bobster
Banned

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/interna...4d6fgth3Smc4dO

Asiana Airlines considers legal action against NTSB and SF TV station after bogus names are broadcast
From ASSOCIATED PRESS
Last Updated: 9:42 AM, July 14, 2013
Posted: 9:26 AM, July 14, 2013

SEOUL, South Korea — Asiana Airlines said Sunday its reputation was damaged by a report on a San Francisco TV station that used bogus and racially offensive names for four pilots on its plane that crashed earlier this month and is considering legal action.

An anchor for KTVU-TV read the names on the air Friday and then apologized after a break. The report was accompanied by a graphic with the phony names listed alongside a photo of the burned out plane. Video of the report has spread widely across the Internet since it was broadcast.

The National Transportation Safety Board has also apologized, saying a summer intern erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew.

An Asiana statement said it's mulling legal measures against both KTVU-TV and the NTSB because the report "badly damaged" the reputation of the airline and its pilots.

It didn't say what legal measures it was considering.

Neither the station nor the NTSB commented on where the names originated.

The four pilots, who underwent questioning by a U.S. and South Korean joint investigation team while in the U.S., returned to South Korea on Saturday. South Korean officials plan to conduct separate interviews with them, South Korea's Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport said Sunday.

Asiana Airlines Flight 214 crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6, killing three and injuring dozens.

Old July 14th, 2013 #12
Robert Ransdell

The last name was actually mistaken for a description many on board had of the impact and resulting carnage - "ohhh ohhh plane suede on runway and it then went BANG, then went DING, and everybody go OW".

Old July 14th, 2013 #13
Robert Ransdell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ferguson View Post
The comments are a must read! I haven't laughed that hard online in a while.
I 2nd and 3rd that sentiment, extremely funny comments being posted, hope to hell they are not removed. My favorite on there thus far is a poster who claimed that "Sum Yung Ho died in this too I heard."

Old July 14th, 2013 #14
Armstrong
Banned

Fair enough for the media to be pranked. After all, the media has been pranking the American people during the whole Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case.

Old July 14th, 2013 #15
8Man
"moderate" radical

Quote:
SEOUL, South Korea — Asiana Airlines said Sunday its reputation was damaged by a report on a San Francisco TV station that used bogus and racially offensive names for four pilots on its plane that crashed earlier this month and is considering legal action.

An Asiana statement said it's mulling legal measures against both KTVU-TV and the NTSB because the report "badly damaged" the reputation of the airline and its pilots.

Typical asian logic. What is it that damages your reputation (lose 'face')? It's a news report using joke names for your incompetent pilots. Crashing your jet at landing? .. no loss of reputation there?

Old July 14th, 2013 #16
Nate Richards

Gook plane make big fire and newsbunny make funny show

Old July 14th, 2013 #17
Nate Richards

Old July 14th, 2013 #18
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Richards View Post
It hirrarious!

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Thread