VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 9th, 2005 #1
Hadding

Default Books about Racial Differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kievsky
MRG I suggest you check out www.racialcompact.com and get his books, "The Destiny and the Ideal" and or "Destiny of Angels."
I don't care much for McCulloch's Destiny and the Ideal. In the first place, the book should have been edited to about one-third as many pages, because everytime McCulloch refers to any point that he has made previously he rehashes his whole argument for that point. It becomes very tiresome. Another flaw is that the book reflects too much the Zeitgeist of the Reagan years. At that time there was some notion in the air that perhaps the racial situation could be drastically improved through laissez-faire economic reforms, and related to this was the notion expressed by McCulloch that one of the primary distinctions of the White race (Nordic, actually, since that is his focus) was economic viability. Finally, I found that a lot of the information in Destiny and the Ideal was lifted from older books, in particular E.A. Hooton's Apes, Men, and Morons, which contains statistics correlating the types of crimes that people commit to their complexions.

After reading Destiny and the Ideal I did not buy Destiny of Angels, although it has the merit of being a thinner book, leading one to hope that it may have passed through some kind of editing. McCulloch's fixation on light-blonde model-types, demonstrated by the cover, however, seems a bit silly.

By the way, the covers of these books are very striking, and if all you want is a book that will look great on your shelf, enjoy.

Last edited by Hadding; September 13th, 2005 at 12:19 PM.

Thread