coffee & cigarettes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Mw6b1T50U

Old September 29th, 2007 #2
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post

Iggy "slapped me five" back in either 1969, or 1970 at the University of Detroit.

Jane Fonda was the featured speaker, and they had a band or two scheduled to play. The Stooges were one of the bands. I think they had just released their second LP, (Funhouse) although they may have only had their debut LP (The Stooges) out at the time. (I still have copies of both LP's )

We got there early and a few people were hanging out right up near the stage. Iggy was one of the people hanging out. I guess they had just arrived because I remember he still had his coat on.

I walked right up to him like we were drinking buddies and just started talking and telling the guy how much I enjoyed their " music."

I got a million stories I could tell...just like this one.

-Jim

The Hudson Valley Freeman

Quote:
Carry a pocket knife ,wear steel toe boots and always make sure that you have the advantage or these savage simians will fuck you up! -- "White Minority" from VNNForum

“To destroy is always the first step in any creation.”

-E.E.Cummings

"We're seeing people wearing Skrewdriver (a white power band) shirts and sieg heil-ing around town."

-New Paltz, NY Mayor Jason West 08/18/2004

Last edited by YANKEE_JIM; September 29th, 2007 at 11:46 PM.

Old September 30th, 2007 #3
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Cool ..and a side of toast!

QUOTE YANKEE_JIMIggy "slapped me five" back in either 1969, or 1970 at the University of Detroit.

Jane Fonda was the featured speaker, and they had a band or two scheduled to play. The Stooges were one of the bands. I think they had just released their second LP, (Funhouse) although they may have only had their debut LP (The Stooges) out at the time. (I still have copies of both LP's
We got there early and a few people were hanging out right up near the stage. Iggy was one of the people hanging out. I guess they had just arrived because I remember he still had his coat on.

I walked right up to him like we were drinking buddies and just started talking and telling the guy how much I enjoyed their " music."

I got a million stories I could tell...just like this one.)

-Jim[/QUOTE]
Know what your saying YJ!I met Tom Waits at the St.Moritz hotel in the SanFran TL '81!Wotta hoot!!!lGreat guy!l
I'm going down to "WaffleHouse"now!I'm hungry and that's all that passes for a diner around here!Lotsa ,lotsa of Blu:[]z!
:kroflShould be fun!!!:kroflhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETc80QfODkQ

Thread